News:

'sup, my privileged, cishet shitlords?  I'm back from oppressing womyn and PoC.

Main Menu

How easy is it to troll goths?

Started by Nephew Twiddleton, December 03, 2013, 04:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

Apparently very, if the mounds of butthurt in the comments are any indicator.

http://modernwomandigest.com/goth-club-30-sign-loser/
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Cain

Goths are the original emo kids.  Remarkably easy to troll.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Doktor Blight on December 03, 2013, 04:54:43 PM

Always.

In any case, with the exception of "all ages clubs", it is absolutely pathetic for anyone older than 29 years old to be in any club.  Even as the bartender.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Nephew Twiddleton

I've been to a couple of goth nights. I just figured that it was a club for middle aged people, based on the clientele.

It was interesting people watching.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Doktor Blight on December 03, 2013, 05:11:48 PM
I've been to a couple of goth nights. I just figured that it was a club for middle aged people, based on the clientele.

We have the Club Congress in Tucson, which is an all-ages joint (meaning 80% of the patrons are over age 30).  Anyone can go to those.

But Goth after 30?  Not gonna say "automatically ridiculous", but it's definitely Robby the Robot waving his arms around, screaming "DANGER, WILL ROBINSON!"

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on December 03, 2013, 05:16:53 PM

We have the Club Congress in Tucson, which is an all-ages joint (meaning 80% of the patrons are over age 30).  Anyone can go to those.

But Goth after 30?  Not gonna say "automatically ridiculous", but it's definitely Robby the Robot waving his arms around, screaming "DANGER, WILL ROBINSON!"

:lulz:

Anna Mae Bollocks

Ah. I usually interpret "all ages" as "the bar is either nonexistent or off in some other part of the property, so the kids can see the show". Thanks for clearing that up.

Also:

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Tiddleywomp Cockletit on December 03, 2013, 05:49:12 PM

Ah. I usually interpret "all ages" as "the bar is either nonexistent or off in some other part of the property, so the kids can see the show". Thanks for clearing that up.

Also:

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

Yeah that was one of my favorites

hooplala

QuoteThe Columbine Killers were largely responsible for the creation of gothic subculture.

:trolling:
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on December 03, 2013, 04:58:47 PM

Always.

In any case, with the exception of "all ages clubs", it is absolutely pathetic for anyone older than 29 years old to be in any club.  Even as the bartender.

In Portland, "All ages" means that the majority of the clientele is under 21, and it's suuuper creepy for anyone over 30 to go to one of those.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

QuoteGetting drunk in some filthy bar while pretending you're a faery princess named "Ishir Nightshade" when you're knocking on 40′s door is something altogether different and disturbing.

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Radagast's Red Velvet Pancake Puppies on December 03, 2013, 06:43:34 PM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on December 03, 2013, 04:58:47 PM

Always.

In Portland, "All ages" means that the majority of the clientele is under 21, and it's suuuper creepy for anyone over 30 to go to one of those.

We call those "teen clubs".

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Radagast's Red Velvet Pancake Puppies on December 03, 2013, 06:44:46 PM
QuoteGetting drunk in some filthy bar while pretending you're a faery princess named "Ishir Nightshade" when you're knocking on 40′s door is something altogether different and disturbing.

I giggled my ass off through that whole article.  The comments are GOLD.

LMNO

Please notice how I am not participating in this thread, partially due to embarassment.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

This is where I have to mention that Jane M. Agni also writes for http://nationalreport.net/author/jane-agni/  :lol: She is 100% solid gold troll.