News:

And if you've misplaced your penis, never fear. This forum is full of dicks.

Main Menu

Simple relationship test

Started by Dildo Argentino, December 26, 2013, 06:23:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dildo Argentino

After a major screeching-match, what does "let's make up" mean in your relationship?

A) Let's forget the whole thing quickly, let's make like it never happened, let's turn a new leaf, well, let's turn several new leaves actually... cuz we lurvz each otherz, really, don't we now?

B) Let's try to figure out what the fuck happened there, exactly why and how we ended up cursing each other's mothers. Let's see if we can spend quite a long time to work out a story we can both agree on that explains why that doesn't threaten our relationship: it is okay to make 1stupid mistakes, etc...

----------------------

A): Headed for disaster.

B): There's hope for you yet.
Not too keen on rigor, myself - reminds me of mortis

LMNO

Are you trying to be an insensitive prick on purpose, or do you just have a knack for it?

Dildo Argentino

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on December 26, 2013, 06:26:56 PM
Are you trying to be an insensitive prick on purpose, or do you just have a knack for it?

My personal experience dictated this, quite recently. I don't see how it is insensitive, as I didn't offer it as a response to anything. I lost a marriage of 13 years to A) (to be quite clear: 'lost' in the sense of 'fucked it up'), and only discovered B) afterwards. It is an important discovery. Thank Eris.

The Good Reverend Roger

"Hey, guys, how about you all fall for Holist's shit for a FIFTH time running!  And if you act now, there's 'hope for you yet'!  Be the first fucking DUMBSHIT on your block to fall for Holist's passive-aggressive bullshit!  All the cool kids are doing it!"
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Salty

The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

The Good Reverend Roger

So go ahead and take this thread seriously.  When you're done, or shortly thereafter, Holist will be along to tell you why you're WRONG, and why you're a JERK and a MORAL VACUUM but that he STILL LOVES YOU.

Then, if everything goes well, Koolaid will be served in The Jones Lounge.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Oh, this was in response to Alty.  Sorry, I've been sleeping all day, didn't quite get it.

Holist is an even bigger ass pimple than I thought.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Holist, what on earth makes you think that you're the Dr. Phil of PD? What the fuck is wrong with you?

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Salty

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on December 26, 2013, 06:42:31 PM

Oh, this was in response to Alty.  Sorry, I've been sleeping all day, didn't quite get it.

Is it? :lulz:

Like, supposed to ilicit an emotional reaction out of me?

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Alty on December 26, 2013, 06:44:12 PM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on December 26, 2013, 06:42:31 PM

Is it? :lulz:

Like, supposed to ilicit an emotional reaction out of me?

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

Yeah, I think he's using your shitty situation as an opportunity to show everyone how wise in the ways of love he is.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Dildo Argentino

Nothing makes me think that. I don't even know who Dr. Phil is. I had a major screeching-session with the wife, sorted it out, and finally (dim-witted and emotionally damaged piece of human that I am) I was able to conceptualise why that sorting out is an actual sorting out, and why a great deal of what I had thought was sorting out that I was in the habit of doing in my previous marriage wasn't. Then I formulated it in this simple form.

As to the question about what is wrong with me, I take that as admonition rather than a genuine question. And just in case it is very slightly a question too: it's a very long and tedious story.

And no, it was most definitely not in response to Alty.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Don't forget, this is also the guy who tried to present himself as some kind of parenting guru last time someone was having trouble with their kid. It's his MO.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: holist on December 26, 2013, 06:47:35 PM
Nothing makes me think that. I don't even know who Dr. Phil is. I had a major screeching-session with the wife, sorted it out, and finally (dim-witted and emotionally damaged piece of human that I am) I was able to conceptualise why that sorting out is an actual sorting out, and why a great deal of what I had thought was sorting out that I was in the habit of doing in my previous marriage wasn't. Then I formulated it in this simple form.

As to the question about what is wrong with me, I take that as admonition rather than a genuine question. And just in case it is very slightly a question too: it's a very long and tedious story.

Well then, your timing is shit and if you want anyone to give a fuck about your personal life, you might be better off couching it in terms of your personal life and not in terms of doling out advice from on high.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: holist on December 26, 2013, 06:47:35 PM

I see.

So, Alty's marriage is at the end of the road, more or less.  So you came on to brag about how your supeior communications skills saved the day, and how your marriage got saved, while Alty's has had it.  But it's not about Alty.

It's like Holist and RWHN had a butt-baby that was born knowing how to type.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on December 26, 2013, 06:48:16 PM
Don't forget, this is also the guy who tried to present himself as some kind of parenting guru last time someone was having trouble with their kid. It's his MO.

It wasn't parenting advice, so much as it was "if you don't do it like I do, you're a bad parent.  Especially you single mothers with no man to guide you."