News:

if the thee off of you are revel in the fact you ds a discordant suck it's dick and praise it's agenda? guess what bit-chit's not. hat I in fact . do you really think it'd theshare about shit, hen you should indeed tare-take if the frontage that you're into. do you really think it's the hardcore shite of the left thy t? you're little f/cking girls parackind abbot in tituts. FUCK YOU. you're latecomers, and you 're folks who don't f/cking get it. plez challenge me.

Main Menu

Lucid Dreaming.

Started by Odibex Grallspice, December 27, 2013, 07:06:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Odibex, here's a suggestion. Self-analyze your biases and privlidges, then lucid dream them to get your subconscious to eliminate them.

For example (and I don't intend this example to be about you), if one sees themselves as unconsciously homophobic, then one can dream about them grabbing cock rather than titties.

Odibex Grallspice

That sounds tricky, a try I'll give it.
Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on December 28, 2013, 03:59:18 AM
Go watch "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty" and then talk to me.
I'll look for it.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Odibex Grallspice on December 28, 2013, 03:16:04 AM
That would actually make sense to me, as dreams, I think, are designed to give you what you're not getting in life.

Mostly I think they're just for sorting through input and maybe some wish/fear-fulfillment thrown in about things that are of concern to you, but I don't think they're in any way "designed to give you what you're not getting in life".
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Anna Mae Bollocks

I sometimes get lucid when I sleep on my back.
Then I think "Ah, dreaming! I should be able to pass through walls like a ghost" and try to put my hand through and...wall. Same as IRL. And I feel stupid.  :lol:
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Odibex Grallspice

Yeah, sometimes I'm still scared to jump out a window or something even though I know I can make myself fly.

Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on December 28, 2013, 05:32:28 PM
That would actually make sense to me, as dreams, I think, are designed to give you what you're not getting in life.
Mostly I think they're just for sorting through input and maybe some wish/fear-fulfillment thrown in about things that are of concern to you, but I don't think they're in any way "designed to give you what you're not getting in life".
I mean, like, if you haven't been experiencing much fear in your waking life, you're more likely to have nightmares. Just a theory, and not mine I don't think. I remember vaguely reading it somewhere.

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Quote from: Odibex Grallspice on December 28, 2013, 07:07:44 PM
Yeah, sometimes I'm still scared to jump out a window or something even though I know I can make myself fly.

Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on December 28, 2013, 05:32:28 PM
I mean, like, if you haven't been experiencing much fear in your waking life, you're more likely to have nightmares. Just a theory, and not mine I don't think. I remember vaguely reading it somewhere.

O.O Nope. Pretty sure that's not an accurate theory. At least in my experience. My nightmares/night terrors/etc were at their peak when I was a wee thing being used as a human hackey-sack. I think it has more to do with the levels of stress and hyper-vigilance and slowly going crazy with pain and fear and being trapped in hell. No escape, even in sleep, etc.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIRâ„¢
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Anna Mae Bollocks

It seems like at high stress levels that happens, but at the lower levels it's more of a balancing thing...for me, anyway.
When things are uneventful I tend to dream just the opposite of whatever's been going on - if I'm broke, I might dream I've got a fat wad of cash, but if things are OK, I'll dream they're NOT.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Odibex Grallspice on December 28, 2013, 07:07:44 PM

It sounds nice, but it doesn't have much basis in reality. The most likely explanation is  that dreaming has multiple purposes, one of which is simply organizing information and solving problems. Look at Dr. Mark Stokes' research.

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Odibex Grallspice

Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on December 28, 2013, 08:30:54 PMThe most likely explanation is  that dreaming has multiple purposes, one of which is simply organizing information and solving problems. Look at Dr. Mark Stokes' research.
My dreams are so out-there neither of those options sound plausible. I'm finding I'm rather fond of my theory and letting it go isn't going to be easy.

Salty

Quote from: Odibex Grallspice on December 28, 2013, 08:46:32 PM
Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on December 28, 2013, 08:30:54 PMThe most likely explanation is  that dreaming has multiple purposes, one of which is simply organizing information and solving problems. Look at Dr. Mark Stokes' research.
My dreams are so out-there neither of those options sound plausible. I'm finding I'm rather fond of my theory and letting it go isn't going to be easy.

That is a uniqe position you have there.

Here, let me introduce you to a friend of mine.

:showus:
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Odibex Grallspice

He's got better teeth than me.

Slippils

I keep making "reality checks" in the hopes that once I lucid dream, I could experience flying and traveling to utopian paradises.

Every single time I end up lucid dreaming, I start to make naked women and get excited enough to wake up.

Is there anyway to combat this, or am I just too shallow to do anything else?
QuoteNanotech re-engineered recombinant viral black neuron-selective attack lobotomy systems
- Alex "Bill Hicks" Jones

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

You can believe whatever you want. Hell, you can believe in homeopathy if you feel like it.

The Good Reverend Roger

Dig them heels in!  Screech!  Don't let anyone piss on your intellectual territory!
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Odibex Grallspice

Yeah, I know.  :roll: The idea is just too good or I am too old.

Quote from: Slippils on December 28, 2013, 11:39:35 PM
I keep making "reality checks" in the hopes that once I lucid dream, I could experience flying and traveling to utopian paradises.

Every single time I end up lucid dreaming, I start to make naked women and get excited enough to wake up.

Is there anyway to combat this, or am I just too shallow to do anything else?

Hmm.. I don't know. I think you're halfway there already,maybe it's just a matter of time.