News:

If they treat education like a product, they can't very well bitch when you act like a consumer.

Main Menu

Lucid Dreaming.

Started by Odibex Grallspice, December 27, 2013, 07:06:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Odibex Grallspice on December 29, 2013, 06:03:44 AM
Yeah, I know.  :roll: The idea is just too good or I am too old.

I'm older than you and I change my mind all the time.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Odibex Grallspice

Well, you must've thoroughly tread those lonely canyons in your mind. I think I'm a bit what they call hard-headed.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Odibex Grallspice on December 29, 2013, 06:25:33 PM
Well, you must've thoroughly tread those lonely canyons in your mind. I think I'm a bit what they call hard-headed.

No, I ignore everything I can't drink or punch.  I'm damn near Irish that way.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Odibex Grallspice on December 28, 2013, 08:46:32 PM
Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on December 28, 2013, 08:30:54 PMThe most likely explanation is  that dreaming has multiple purposes, one of which is simply organizing information and solving problems. Look at Dr. Mark Stokes' research.
My dreams are so out-there neither of those options sound plausible. I'm finding I'm rather fond of my theory and letting it go isn't going to be easy.

I'm guessing that you think your dreams are "out there" but it's basically a combination of you not getting out much and never having compared your dreams to other people's dreams. Everyone has fuckin' weird dreams, it's what dreams do.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Odibex Grallspice

Yeah, but why so weird if it's all about sorting knowledge and working out problems?

Sita

Quote from: Odibex Grallspice on December 29, 2013, 11:55:13 PM
Yeah, but why so weird if it's all about sorting knowledge and working out problems?
Because your brain likes to work in imagery and metaphor. And despite people liking to compare it to a computer is not completely logical at all.
:ninja:
Laugh, even if you are screaming inside. Smile, because the world doesn't care if you feel like crying.

Odibex Grallspice

Hm. I suppose. Sure is confusing though.. I guess the problem is I'm trying to interpret dreams literally.

minuspace

Please check your computers for worms and avoid bringing cats, they tend to tie things up here, oh, and the connections, forget about it:  this is the, last, "resort".

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Because inputs are weird and along with what's possible also comes thoughts of what's not possible, all of which need to be assimilated.

How many weird random things do you think every day? Do you think that somehow goes away when you sleep?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

minuspace

Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on December 30, 2013, 01:57:54 AM

Because inputs are weird and along with what's possible also comes thoughts of what's not possible, all of which need to be assimilated.

How many weird random things do you think every day? Do you think that somehow goes away when you sleep?
It's uncanny how anything like an intelligible signal gets through at all, even its own absence occurring only on the condition that there exists a further ground of understanding.