News:

If words could really hurt you, this forum would be one huge abbatoir.

Main Menu

Re: Open Bar: RECOMMENDABLE

Started by Nephew Twiddleton, December 31, 2013, 04:38:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on December 31, 2013, 07:11:01 PM
There's this phrase going through my head "Life is a totally meaningless misery . . . " and I can't remember where I heard it. I think it's from the old Beetlejuice cartoon or something. Or some Tim Burton thing. God damn hibernating ear worms.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoEezZD71sc
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Odibex Grallspice on January 01, 2014, 12:14:54 AM
What do the yellow squares below your name and text mean. I notice I've got three where Rog only has two, though he has way more posts than me.

You get squares???
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I went to  my friend's house at the beach for my last night of full-out overindulgence before knuckling down for the new year.

Too much champagne

Too much bourbon

Special gingerbread

A whole crab

So many oysters. I don't know how many. Just a lot, like bottomless oysters. Oysters forever.

Truffle butter on everything.

Cigarettes.

I woke up feeling like I died this  morning, so I had a michelada and a bloody mary and coffee with irish cream in it, and some more gingerbread.

Perhaps predictably, this led to me needing Rude to pull over so I could puke on our way back over the mountains this afternoon.

I think I gained three pounds and I feel like shiiiiiiiiit

but it was really fun. And my dog behaved herself impeccably, despite being in a strange house with five other dogs.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Tomorrow I am getting a Fitbit and a new phone, hiking the ridge, and previewing my books for next term. I want to lose ten pounds by the end of February.

Odibex Grallspice

Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 02, 2014, 02:52:08 AM
What do the yellow squares below your name and text mean. I notice I've got three where Rog only has two, though he has way more posts than me.

You get squares???
Yuh, man. Squares. Little yellow squares, you got 'em too. It's an epidemic,

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Quote from: Odibex Grallspice on January 02, 2014, 04:00:01 AM
Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 02, 2014, 02:52:08 AM

You get squares???

I have stars.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Odibex Grallspice on January 02, 2014, 04:00:01 AM

You get squares???

Naw man. I have four stars, you have three.

What they mean? Only ECH knows for sure.

Cain

Managed to get Civilization V and all the expansion packs for less than £10 in the sales.

I am pretty pleased with that.

Now, since I haven't really played the game since Civ III, this should be...interesting.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Cain on January 02, 2014, 12:35:54 PM
Managed to get Civilization V and all the expansion packs for less than £10 in the sales.

Now, since I haven't really played the game since Civ III, this should be...interesting.

Good choice. Civ V is probably my favorite of the series. I played II nonstop when I was a kid, but III and IV never really did it for me.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Ben Shapiro

Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 02, 2014, 03:04:52 AM
Tomorrow I am getting a Fitbit and a new phone, hiking the ridge, and previewing my books for next term. I want to lose ten pounds by the end of February.

I can link you a fitness app that tracks you calorie content, and you can also scan in products you buy. Very handy whenever I go to bar's.

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on January 02, 2014, 02:30:42 PM

Good choice. Civ V is probably my favorite of the series. I played II nonstop when I was a kid, but III and IV never really did it for me.
CIV V prevents unit stacking, you can only stack one military with one civilian at most. This greatly improves the tactical element. The AI players are a bit too incompetent and the higher dificulty levels just mean the comp keeps giving the AI's more and more free stuff. They tend to have 2 cities and at least 3 units in turn 4. This is impossible without cheating, the difficulty level descriptions say as much. Insanely addictive, as always.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

The Good Reverend Roger

Kiss your life goodbye.   :lulz:

Load the whole fucking thing, play Pocatello.  That is all.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

Well, I've been playing for almost five hours now..it's fair to say I have no life.

I like the expanded focus on culture, religion and diplomacy, with win conditions for those.  I mean, we all know the real way to win is with nuclear hellfire and screaming Mongols riding war-ponies (or, alternative, the power of SPACE NERDS), but for those with delicate stomaches, the options are a good idea.

Civilization AI has never been good, the computer has always been a cheating bastard.  Still, once I get to grips with the game, I'll definitely give the Pocatello a go.  I've currently got a Greek game running, where I seem to have accidentally founded a religion.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on January 02, 2014, 05:54:51 PM
Well, I've been playing for almost five hours now..it's fair to say I have no life.

I like the expanded focus on culture, religion and diplomacy, with win conditions for those.  I mean, we all know the real way to win is with nuclear hellfire and screaming Mongols riding war-ponies (or, alternative, the power of SPACE NERDS), but for those with delicate stomaches, the options are a good idea.

Civilization AI has never been good, the computer has always been a cheating bastard.  Still, once I get to grips with the game, I'll definitely give the Pocatello a go.  I've currently got a Greek game running, where I seem to have accidentally founded a religion.

Pocatello is busted.  Play him twice, and then go back to playing the Polish or something.  It adds a challenge.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 02, 2014, 05:56:36 PM
Quote from: Cain on January 02, 2014, 05:54:51 PM

Pocatello is busted.  Play him twice, and then go back to playing the Polish or something.  It adds a challenge.
:argh!: He is not busted I am just exceptionally good with him!  :lulz:
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"