News:

Revenge is a dish best served salty, sterile, wet and warm.

Main Menu

Re: Open Bar: RECOMMENDABLE

Started by Nephew Twiddleton, December 31, 2013, 04:38:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

THIS PLACE IS A MORGUE AND YOU PEOPLE ARE NO FUN AT ALL I'M GONNA GO FIND SOMETHING ELSE TO DO. FACEBOOK IS MORE FUN THAN THIS STALE CESSPOOL OF F5ING SPECTATORS, I'M OUTTA HERE.

J/K, I just got back from getting a flu shot and haven't really read the board yet today. I just felt like something was missing from my morning.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

Hi!  It's been pretty slow all day, but shit happens.

Salty

I dunno if you guys could tell but hit the booze a little last night.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

minuspace

Zykam, zinc compounds and some diuretics...  Could not manage that after two boxes of oscillo and some airborne put me back like a kick in the sack...  Prefrontal cortex and frontal lobes currently occupied fighting flying decoys of systemic tension...  Will that lack of Zycam also result in loss? :?
(recommended at checkout this morning, anyone think that stuff works?)

Salty

Tonigt is the last night away. When I go home I wont have to share my kids room anymore.

Yay!
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 03, 2014, 01:13:04 AM
Today's mission of upgrading my phone and buying a Fitbit has been accomplished. I also found a chest of drawers on my way to the store, which I snagged for the new roomies.

I am apparently hyper as fuck, having already taken about 3000 steps and 8 flights of stairs in about three hours, and that's without going for any walks or doing anything interesting. I don't think meeting the 10,000 step a day fitness goal is probably going to be too tough.

I also went to accomplish my other goal for today, which is starting on the genetics chapter of my bio textbook just to get a jump on things, and realized that I read it last term for shits and giggles.

I also made an appointment for a flu shot. Yay flu shot! I'm hearing reports that H1N1 has officially reached Portland this season.

I woke up this morning to find that H1N1 seems to have officially reached my face.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

minuspace

Quote from: Jet City Hustle on January 03, 2014, 07:01:38 PM
Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 03, 2014, 01:13:04 AM
Today's mission of upgrading my phone and buying a Fitbit has been accomplished. I also found a chest of drawers on my way to the store, which I snagged for the new roomies.

I am apparently hyper as fuck, having already taken about 3000 steps and 8 flights of stairs in about three hours, and that's without going for any walks or doing anything interesting. I don't think meeting the 10,000 step a day fitness goal is probably going to be too tough.

I also went to accomplish my other goal for today, which is starting on the genetics chapter of my bio textbook just to get a jump on things, and realized that I read it last term for shits and giggles.

I also made an appointment for a flu shot. Yay flu shot! I'm hearing reports that H1N1 has officially reached Portland this season.

I woke up this morning to find that H1N1 seems to have officially reached my face.
And is being ejected through my seven facial orifices to way beyond the planets, sun and all the other orphan stars.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: trippinprincezz13 on January 03, 2014, 06:47:20 PM
Wow, the past week (weeks?) has flown by. Had the best New Year's Eve in a while (except for a sad note) at a lake house on Lake Winnipesaukee. Just my boyfriend and his brothers and their girlfriends and one other close family friend of theirs and his girlfriend (plus an extra childhood friend). No bars, no driving, no obnoxiously drunk people. Despite being up until past 4, boyfriend and I able to get up early and cook breakfast for everyone. Then on the way home, stopped at a local packie and brought home much fancy beer. (You know, Budweiser Select)

On a sad note, before heading to said NYE party, our pet mouse did in front of us. Hadn't seen him when I first got home and changed his water. Went to get him cheese and by the time I got back to the room, he was lying on his side...dying. Last until my boyfriend got home from work at least. Most people don't care about mice, but he was still our pet for the past 7-ish years since we caught him in our old apartment. So, it sucks  :sad:   Still have our cat and snake, and we knew this was coming eventually, but I've grown accustomed to seeing him come out to greet me/beg for food everyday, so, yea.

Hello again.

Holy shit, you had a 7 year old mouse?!? That's GOTTA be a record. I've never had a rat make it past 4.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

minuspace

Eh, you said the mouse was wearing a lab coat, fascinating, and it communicated desires, wants and needs, yes, go on...

Junkenstein

Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 03, 2014, 06:47:59 PM
THIS PLACE IS A MORGUE AND YOU PEOPLE ARE NO FUN AT ALL I'M GONNA GO FIND SOMETHING ELSE TO DO. FACEBOOK IS MORE FUN THAN THIS STALE CESSPOOL OF F5ING SPECTATORS, I'M OUTTA HERE.

J/K, I just got back from getting a flu shot and haven't really read the board yet today. I just felt like something was missing from my morning.

You're not due to flounce until February.

There IS a schedule you know.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

LMNO

Did you sing "Circle of Life" as you fed it to your snake?

OK, too soon.  I apologize.

trippinprincezz13

Quote from: Jet City Hustle on January 03, 2014, 07:05:38 PM
Holy shit, you had a 7 year old mouse?!? That's GOTTA be a record. I've never had a rat make it past 4.

6 1/2 is probably a bit more accurate, but I rounded up a bit. Still, I am amazed he lived this long. About 6 months ago or so, there was a period where he wasn't coming out as much, seemed a bit disoriented when he did and seemed to have some sort of his growth on his underbelly. Then, suddenly, that was gone and he was acting completely normal again. I've read that your average field mouse lives 1-2 if they're lucky, 3-4 if they're really lucky. So yea, we knew he was living on borrowed time, but we briefly wondered if he was Mr. Jingles. During the period that we had him, one of our friends had caught one and gave it to us. We put it in a separate cage, close to Mousie's (creative, I know), but it was dead within a month. I could go on, but much like people gushing about their kids, people gushing about their pets wears thin.

Our former roommate who was at NYE raised a toast to Mousie, so all is well. Though it'll probably still take some getting used to/
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on January 03, 2014, 07:23:55 PM
Did you sing "Circle of Life" as you fed it to your snake?

OK, too soon.  I apologize.
:lol: Same kid that raised the toast also asked that question. It was very briefly debated (in a gallows-humory sort of way), but decided against just as fast. The "burial" was still none to fancy, seeing as the ground is frozen.

Hell, I feel bad for the rats that we feed to the snake sometimes. We just don't typically have them long enough to form much of a bond
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

Cain

Some further thoughts on Civ V:

- intelligence is not as fun anymore.  I want to be able to plant a nuke in an enemy city.  Yes, it's only 1550 AD and I've only just figured out frigates, but that's not the point.  Civ II with Communism was awesome, because you could produce legions of spy units, and have them gang up on an enemy city until one of them succeeded.

- Social Policies are a good replacement for Ideology/Regime.  My only quibble is their relation to culture, and exponential increase in value over the course of the game.  It'd be better if they were the result of some mixture of culture, faith, technology and military prowess.

- Ranged units are so overpowered in the early game.  I know that's why composite bowmen cost more than spearmen etc but still, they should probably cost even more.  And ranged naval units...oh my god.

- Non-transferrable production is annoying, especially with the Wonders.  I've had no less than five projects scuppered by other civilizations, and gotten a pittance of gold as compensation.

- Exploration is utterly gimped on an Archipegalo map until you get caravels.  Island hopping only works until you reach the first big stretch of ocean.

- I briefly became a Doge.  I laffed.

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

I've been watching shit storms unfold on Ravelry, sleeping, and reading up about a guy with two dicks. It is almost time for work. Twee. I am off tomorrow and will probably spend it sleeping, eating Advil like candy, and playing with yarn.

I live an adventuresome life, yo.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Odibex Grallspice

Seeing my mum tomorrow. We play pool, then watch an episode of the Walking Dead and then play scrabble. Since pa died it's been not the same.