News:

'sup, my privileged, cishet shitlords?  I'm back from oppressing womyn and PoC.

Main Menu

Re: Open Bar: RECOMMENDABLE

Started by Nephew Twiddleton, December 31, 2013, 04:38:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 05, 2014, 05:56:55 AM
Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 03, 2014, 06:47:59 PM
THIS PLACE IS A MORGUE AND YOU PEOPLE ARE NO FUN AT ALL I'M GONNA GO FIND SOMETHING ELSE TO DO. FACEBOOK IS MORE FUN THAN THIS STALE CESSPOOL OF F5ING SPECTATORS, I'M OUTTA HERE.

J/K, I just got back from getting a flu shot and haven't really read the board yet today. I just felt like something was missing from my morning.

Needs more bitterness and seething rage.   :lulz:

I'll work on it.  :argh!:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Having met my workout goals two days in a row, I am positively glowing with health.

What this thing doesn't know is that I'm working this hard so that I can have that fucking beer that's been sitting in the fridge since yesterday, when I managed to max out my calories on stew and bread with butter. :argh!:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 05, 2014, 06:19:05 AM
Having met my workout goals two days in a row, I am positively glowing with health.

What this thing doesn't know is that I'm working this hard so that I can have that fucking beer that's been sitting in the fridge since yesterday, when I managed to max out my calories on stew and bread with butter. :argh!:

Poor beer. So alone. And cold. And alone. Longing for company. How could you forsake the beer, Nigel? Poor beer.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIRâ„¢
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on January 05, 2014, 06:43:03 AM
Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 05, 2014, 06:19:05 AM

Poor beer. So alone. And cold. And alone. Longing for company. How could you forsake the beer, Nigel? Poor beer.

HEY I DID RIGHT BY IT IN THE END.

Cain

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on January 04, 2014, 05:45:07 PM
Good thing it all paid for itself with all that oil money.

Indeed.

Otherwise, yesterday, Al-Qaeda in Iraq declaring an Islamic state in Fallujah might look bad.

hirley0

anyway i put the routing 111 :fnord: { there if interested
AS4 the beer? it has been in the fridge at least 1 year
{maybe 5

Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 05, 2014, 08:24:08 AM
Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on January 05, 2014, 06:43:03 AM

HEY I DID RIGHT BY IT IN THE END.

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Kaousuu's Krazy Khaki Kristmas Kookies on January 05, 2014, 03:49:30 AM
So, my stress levels are starting to soar, so I excuse the ranty nature of this, but I think it's just vent time.

I'm still in Florida, I'm scheduled to fly home on Monday morning, but due to the high volume of people stuck because of the Nor'Easter, I'm going to voluntarily bump and take some vouchers. This is really no big deal, because I'm currently unemployed, my boyfriend is stationed 2 hours away, and my house has no food with an extremely nasty cold snap happening this week. It will delay my work a bit, but I'm honestly not sure how well I will be able to function coming from the 60s to the negatives on Tuesday, anyway. Even if not, my brain does feel a bit better now that it's had 3 weeks of not-Rhode Island.
The big issue at hand is that URI still has not made any decisions on graduate admissions, well, as far as I go. Yesterday I saw that some folks were receiving spring decisions for other schools, so I figured it's just a matter of time now, but the idea of me not getting in, and having to deal with a move to New Hampshire in the middle of what appears to be the coldest winter I've ever experienced just doesn't sound pleasant. On top of that, Sallie Mae already asked for money, and I had to cough up $205 this week with no option of forbearance for the rest of my life. It's not a terrible amount, but it's not easy without a job. So, I'm probably worrying over this far more than I actually have to, considering both options have been made pretty clear. Admission = stay in RI, finish masters. No admission = move to NH, either apply for an online degree or get apps in for other schools for fall admissions. I've made the decision that once I'm out of RI, I'm out for good, even if it means living North of the Wall for a while in Libertarian Heaven.

Sure I have these paths, but it's not helping my imminent levels of WTF WTF WTF. It's bad enough they're waiting until January to provide admission decisions, because getting registration and financial aid sorted before the 22nd is going to be tough for a Master's program.
Damn. I hope they get back to you soon.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

The Good Reverend Roger

I'll be writing more LDW during this trip, but won't have anything to post until maybe Tuesday.  I won't post in that thread until I have the next chapter.

Anyway, off to eat REAL FOOD on the company's dime.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 05, 2014, 03:14:57 PM
I'll be writing more LDW during this trip, but won't have anything to post until maybe Tuesday.  I won't post in that thread until I have the next chapter.

McDonalds?
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Eater of Clowns

I ran with a couple of friends on slushy roads and icy sidewalks this morning. My previous best without having to stop was maybe 3 miles or so. We did 5.21 at 9:54 a mile. Still room for improvement, but I am very pleased with this new personal best.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on January 05, 2014, 04:39:50 PM
I ran with a couple of friends on slushy roads and icy sidewalks this morning. My previous best without having to stop was maybe 3 miles or so. We did 5.21 at 9:54 a mile. Still room for improvement, but I am very pleased with this new personal best.

That's pretty damn good from where I sit. I'm doing better every run, but even at a mere 1.5 miles I have to slow to a walk 3 or 4 times. Still, considering that as recently as September, a full year after surgery, I still couldn't run even a couple blocks, I'm really pleased.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: :regret: on January 05, 2014, 04:25:01 PM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 05, 2014, 03:14:57 PM

McDonalds?

No.  I said REAL FOOD, not pink slime.  In this case, a pig that had met with an unfortunate accident involving cutty/burny/choppy things.  It no longer resembled pig, but it was DELICIOUS.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Cain

Devour all the wursts.

If you can find it, I recommend trying currywurst and weisswurst.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on January 05, 2014, 07:03:25 PM
Devour all the wursts.

If you can find it, I recommend trying currywurst and weisswurst.

Been trying to find currywurst.  I was beginning to think the locals were pranking us.

Cain

Apparently it's kinda street food.  If you see a roadside diner or foodstall or something, they'll probably have it, but it's less likely served in a pub or restaurant.

Which is a shame, because it's delicious.