News:

One of our core values:  "THEY REFILLED MY RITALIN AND BY THE WAY I WANNA EAT YOUR BEAR HEAD."

Main Menu

Re: Open Bar: RECOMMENDABLE

Started by Nephew Twiddleton, December 31, 2013, 04:38:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on January 05, 2014, 07:36:31 PM
Apparently it's kinda street food.  If you see a roadside diner or foodstall or something, they'll probably have it, but it's less likely served in a pub or restaurant.

Which is a shame, because it's delicious.

I looked up some recipes online and it sounds disgustingly tasty.

It's basically chunks of pork sausage smothered in curry-flavored ketchup.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Salty

I find it too sweet, but man do I love a good döner. It isnt German, but they sell it on the streets.

I am home and slept. Today I am going to set up my room. Th only.piece of decor left is my rainbow puking unicorn painting.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Cain

Do never question Germans when it comes to pork products.  They know their stuff.

LMNO

I am highly jealous of Roger's journey to the Faltherland of sausage and beer and big-ass castles.

Salty

If you can, and havent yet, do try an acual frankfurter, Roger.

Then compare to a hot dog.

Then weep.

Eta, Linsen und Spätzle if available is heaven.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on January 05, 2014, 07:57:26 PM
I am highly jealous of Roger's journey to the Faltherland of sausage and beer and big-ass castles.

If you can ever get the scratch to go, it's the cat's ass.  I did have loads of good advice in my thread, and I gotta say that BIGASS CASTLE is WAY BIGGER than I thought was even possible.  Fucking thing took 400 YEARS to build.  Hauling stones up the side of a mountain.

Also, everything I ever thought about German people was 169% wrong, for good and for ill.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Alty on January 05, 2014, 07:59:56 PM
If you can, and havent yet, do try an acual frankfurter, Roger.

Then compare to a hot dog.

Then weep.

Eta, Linsen und Spätzle if available is heaven.

Will do.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Cain on January 05, 2014, 07:36:31 PM
Apparently it's kinda street food.  If you see a roadside diner or foodstall or something, they'll probably have it, but it's less likely served in a pub or restaurant.

Which is a shame, because it's delicious.

Quote from: Alty on January 05, 2014, 07:55:01 PM
I find it too sweet, but man do I love a good döner. It isnt German, but they sell it on the streets.

I am home and slept. Today I am going to set up my room. Th only.piece of decor left is my rainbow puking unicorn painting.

Doner kebab and currywurst are the two best fucking things I ate there. They are not fancy, but sweet balls was I glad I had those experiences.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

The Good Reverend Roger

I am so fucking jetlagged that I've forgotten what time it is in hell.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 05, 2014, 08:14:51 PM

You must be jetlagged. Obviously you meant Tucson, here. Tucson.

EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on January 05, 2014, 08:16:19 PM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 05, 2014, 08:14:51 PM

You must be jetlagged. Obviously you meant Tucson, here. Tucson.

That's what I said.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 05, 2014, 05:56:08 PM
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on January 05, 2014, 04:39:50 PM
I ran with a couple of friends on slushy roads and icy sidewalks this morning. My previous best without having to stop was maybe 3 miles or so. We did 5.21 at 9:54 a mile. Still room for improvement, but I am very pleased with this new personal best.

That's pretty damn good from where I sit. I'm doing better every run, but even at a mere 1.5 miles I have to slow to a walk 3 or 4 times. Still, considering that as recently as September, a full year after surgery, I still couldn't run even a couple blocks, I'm really pleased.

Thanks! But there is nothing mere about 1.5. It still kills me when I'm running alone. With a couple of others, the pace helped me not burn myself out. And I got to look at butts the entire time, so that was a great motivator.

EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

The Good Reverend Roger

I have to hit it.  Time is all stretchy here, and somehow it's very late.  But it isn't.

Pills will handle this. 

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on January 05, 2014, 08:23:26 PM
Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 05, 2014, 05:56:08 PM
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on January 05, 2014, 04:39:50 PM
I ran with a couple of friends on slushy roads and icy sidewalks this morning. My previous best without having to stop was maybe 3 miles or so. We did 5.21 at 9:54 a mile. Still room for improvement, but I am very pleased with this new personal best.

That's pretty damn good from where I sit. I'm doing better every run, but even at a mere 1.5 miles I have to slow to a walk 3 or 4 times. Still, considering that as recently as September, a full year after surgery, I still couldn't run even a couple blocks, I'm really pleased.

Thanks! But there is nothing mere about 1.5. It still kills me when I'm running alone. With a couple of others, the pace helped me not burn myself out. And I got to look at butts the entire time, so that was a great motivator.

Wait a few years.  The butts at the gym stop being interesting when the horrible respiratory/heart rate monster comes and punches you inna face a few times.

Eater of Clowns

EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.