News:

Testimonial: "PD is the home of Pure Evil and All That Is Wrong With the Interwebz." - Queen of the Ryche, apparently in all seriousness

Main Menu

Re: Open Bar: RECOMMENDABLE

Started by Nephew Twiddleton, December 31, 2013, 04:38:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on January 05, 2014, 08:26:09 PM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 05, 2014, 08:16:47 PM
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on January 05, 2014, 08:16:19 PM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 05, 2014, 08:14:51 PM
I am so fucking jetlagged that I've forgotten what time it is in hell.

You must be jetlagged. Obviously you meant Tucson, here. Tucson.

That's what I said.

:horrormirth:

In hell you never look back.

You'll never see anyone in Tucson look over their shoulder.  Everything changes when you look away, and it's disturbing.  The docks, for example, disappeared at some point, and the beach never ends.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 05, 2014, 08:25:17 PM
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on January 05, 2014, 08:23:26 PM
Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 05, 2014, 05:56:08 PM
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on January 05, 2014, 04:39:50 PM
I ran with a couple of friends on slushy roads and icy sidewalks this morning. My previous best without having to stop was maybe 3 miles or so. We did 5.21 at 9:54 a mile. Still room for improvement, but I am very pleased with this new personal best.

That's pretty damn good from where I sit. I'm doing better every run, but even at a mere 1.5 miles I have to slow to a walk 3 or 4 times. Still, considering that as recently as September, a full year after surgery, I still couldn't run even a couple blocks, I'm really pleased.

Thanks! But there is nothing mere about 1.5. It still kills me when I'm running alone. With a couple of others, the pace helped me not burn myself out. And I got to look at butts the entire time, so that was a great motivator.

Wait a few years.  The butts at the gym stop being interesting when the horrible respiratory/heart rate monster comes and punches you inna face a few times.

This is one reason I started exercising at the end of last summer. I keep getting closer to 30, somehow, and I figure the longer I wait the more difficult it will be to get in shape in the first place. The other is that I'm less of a moody bastard when I exercise.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on January 05, 2014, 08:31:19 PM
Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 05, 2014, 05:56:08 PM
I ran with a couple of friends on slushy roads and icy sidewalks this morning. My previous best without having to stop was maybe 3 miles or so. We did 5.21 at 9:54 a mile. Still room for improvement, but I am very pleased with this new personal best.

That's pretty damn good from where I sit. I'm doing better every run, but even at a mere 1.5 miles I have to slow to a walk 3 or 4 times. Still, considering that as recently as September, a full year after surgery, I still couldn't run even a couple blocks, I'm really pleased.

Thanks! But there is nothing mere about 1.5. It still kills me when I'm running alone. With a couple of others, the pace helped me not burn myself out. And I got to look at butts the entire time, so that was a great motivator.

Wait a few years.  The butts at the gym stop being interesting when the horrible respiratory/heart rate monster comes and punches you inna face a few times.

This is one reason I started exercising at the end of last summer. I keep getting closer to 30, somehow, and I figure the longer I wait the more difficult it will be to get in shape in the first place. The other is that I'm less of a moody bastard when I exercise.

It definitely gives you a head start when you go into it in good shape. I was rock-hard until I had Little Orange and started working at home - you should see pics from right before I got preggo with her, I was moving furniture and biking 16 miles a day - and I think that's what saved me from fattening up too much during the work-at-home years, not to mention after my surgery.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

EK WAFFLR

"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

minuspace

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 06, 2014, 12:18:26 AM
Quote from: Waffleman on January 05, 2014, 11:46:00 PM
Germany? Eisbein, goddamnit!

Who?
Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 05, 2014, 09:47:05 PM
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on January 05, 2014, 08:31:19 PM

It definitely gives you a head start when you go into it in good shape. I was rock-hard until I had Little Orange and started working at home - you should see pics from right before I got preggo with her, I was moving furniture and biking 16 miles a day - and I think that's what saved me from fattening up too much during the work-at-home years, not to mention after my surgery.
After repairing (placing) the lock (block) that was so bent out of shape, I have 400 more Acute reasons to be a Prick about hitting that mark:  then I will be whole again.

EK WAFFLR

"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Salty

Huh that is what boys in Germany call it when they stand next to you and suddenly shove their knee into your IT band, causing Eisbein or Iceleg.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

LMNO

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Today I went to the oversized asian mart on 82nd and got all kinds of lovely things, and now I have two quarts of pickles and two quarts of kimchi fermenting away in the cupboard.

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 06, 2014, 03:18:02 AM
Today I went to the oversized asian mart on 82nd and got all kinds of lovely things, and now I have two quarts of pickles and two quarts of kimchi fermenting away in the cupboard.

What, no durian?

I took son's mom there when she was here a couple weeks ago. I managed not to gag, which was big time. When last I was there the lady got mad because my gagging was offensive. It was also involuntary. So while I agreed, I also *urp*. Now I just avoid the meat section.
Back to the fecal matter in the pool

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

I just saw an article on Yahoo about a 22-seat plane leaving Tucson, AZ that crashed in Aspen and almost freaked out until I realized TGRR was on a 747 and should have arrived sometime around now. Brain is slow tonight.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: NoLeDeMiel on January 06, 2014, 05:23:03 AM
Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 06, 2014, 03:18:02 AM

What, no durian?

I took son's mom there when she was here a couple weeks ago. I managed not to gag, which was big time. When last I was there the lady got mad because my gagging was offensive. It was also involuntary. So while I agreed, I also *urp*. Now I just avoid the meat section.

I got a durian once, at Food 4 Less on 82nd. I think that will hold me for a while.

I was mightily tempted to get a jackfruit, though. The only thing that deterred me was my inability to locate one less than 15 lbs.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: NoLeDeMiel on January 06, 2014, 05:23:03 AM

What, no durian?

You guys must be talking about a different place. Fubonn smells like heaven, and should be considered the only Asian supermarket worth a damn on 82nd in PDX proper.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"