News:

It's funny how the position for boot-licking is so close to the one used for curb-stomping.

Main Menu

Re: Open Bar: RECOMMENDABLE

Started by Nephew Twiddleton, December 31, 2013, 04:38:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

My life now consists of:

Work
Sleep
Driving absurd distances to do anything
Interbutts
Video games
2-3 friends over on the weekend.  Less and less often.
Smoke shop for e-cig shit.
Grocery store
Pharmacy
That's basically it.

I feel like shit.  I don't feel like trolling, even.  I want to write, but there's nothing there.  I want to state my case, but I can't make myself be understood, and I'm too tired to deal with people getting pissed off.  I am in fact too tired to rise to the bait.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

More balanced net ionic equations today. I feel like this is all I've been doing for days. Four hours a week, my ass.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 20, 2014, 06:13:37 PM
My life now consists of:

Work
Sleep
Interbutts
Video games
Grocery store
Pharmacy
That's basically it.

I feel like shit.  I don't feel like trolling, even.  I want to write, but there's nothing there.  I want to state my case, but I can't make myself be understood, and I'm too tired to deal with people getting pissed off.  I am in fact too tired to rise to the bait.

Are you still exercising?
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on January 20, 2014, 06:29:18 PM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 20, 2014, 06:13:37 PM
My life now consists of:

Work
Sleep
Interbutts
Video games
Grocery store
Pharmacy
That's basically it.

Are you still exercising?

Not like I ought to, but a bit.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Cain

I get like that at times.  In my case, though, it's existential angst displacing more valid money concerns.  I'm guessing that probably isn't the problem here.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on January 20, 2014, 06:31:44 PM
I get like that at times.  In my case, though, it's existential angst displacing more valid money concerns.  I'm guessing that probably isn't the problem here.

Oh, money sucks still.  I get paid a decent wage, but the food bill for 3 people is now over $800/month, if you don't want to eat processed cheese-like food product.

But I've been broke before.  Never felt like this.

Cain

Ah, I'm sorry to hear that.  I always worry about the direction of my life when I'm broke, which expresses itself in worrying about my work ethic, about not writing what I want or even knowing what to write, about wasting time on "trivialities" etc...so I can sympathise, even if I can't offer much help.

Eater of Clowns

Adhere to the tested First Church of GO OUTSIDE. I'm sure you've been here often enough that you know it won't solve that feeling, but it'll at least quiet it down for a while.

EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Ben Shapiro

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 20, 2014, 06:33:23 PM

Oh, money sucks still.  I get paid a decent wage, but the food bill for 3 people is now over $800/month, if you don't want to eat processed cheese-like food product.

Sex with the wife now! Even if she's at work! Wear the things she likes!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on January 20, 2014, 06:45:31 PM
Adhere to the tested First Church of GO OUTSIDE. I'm sure you've been here often enough that you know it won't solve that feeling, but it'll at least quiet it down for a while.

Yeah, hadn't thought of that, for some reason.

Cain

Fuck that.  This so called "Outside" is nothing more than a holding pen for losers with skinny weiners.  Next you'll be suggesting sleep isn't optional or something.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 20, 2014, 06:33:23 PM

I don't know if food is just way more expensive there, but I feed 5 people on less than $500/month, and everything's from scratch because I can't afford processed crap. So there might be some wiggle room to be found there.

If you can do it, I second the going outside suggestion. I have been spending a LOT of time outside, almost all my free time, in fact. It's been really good for my mental and emotional health. Mainly I struggle with being lonely, because as fond as I am of my boyfriend, he is married and I am his secondary partner. I miss being married, and as you know, being the head of household is exhausting and stressful. It would be nice to do it with someone.

But, c'est la vie. I have decided that putting energy into looking for someone is not a productive use of my time, so instead I spend lots of time walking. It helps. It's hard to be lonely outside.

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on January 20, 2014, 06:53:20 PM
Fuck that.  This so called "Outside" is nothing more than a holding pen for losers with skinny weiners.  Next you'll be suggesting sleep isn't optional or something.

I am living proof that sleep is optional.   :lol:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 20, 2014, 06:54:54 PM

I don't know if food is just way more expensive there, but I feed 5 people on less than $500/month, and everything's from scratch because I can't afford processed crap. So there might be some wiggle room to be found there.

Food is expensive as hell, here.  All of it has to be trucked in from California, and things suck there.

QuoteIf you can do it, I second the going outside suggestion. I have been spending a LOT of time outside, almost all my free time, in fact. It's been really good for my mental and emotional health. Mainly I struggle with being lonely, because as fond as I am of my boyfriend, he is married and I am his secondary partner. I miss being married, and as you know, being the head of household is exhausting and stressful. It would be nice to do it with someone.

I shall go outside instead of on the computer all this week after work each night.  We'll see.

Also, I can't picture you playing second fiddle to anyone.

QuoteBut, c'est la vie. I have decided that putting energy into looking for someone is not a productive use of my time, so instead I spend lots of time walking. It helps. It's hard to be lonely outside.

Yeah, I'll try this.  I don't understand why I didn't think of it, given that I have often suggested it.

Eater of Clowns

Your brain isn't working at its most efficient right now. It happens to me all the time. Simple solutions to the problem either don't seem plausible or don't even occur to me, when that happens.

EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.