News:

Endorsement:  I know that all of you fucking discordians are just a bunch of haters who seem to do anything you can to distance yourself from fucking anarchists which is just fine and dandy sit in your house on your computer and type inane shite all day until your fingers fall off.

Main Menu

Re: Open Bar: RECOMMENDABLE

Started by Nephew Twiddleton, December 31, 2013, 04:38:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

So, I'm getting married.

We've been planning it for 2 weeks now, and we're getting the license on Thursday when he's down from base. I've been keeping it under wraps since we didn't want it to be a big to-do (such as, My Big Fat Italian Wedding Mark II) and just on paper for now, so I can get on military benefits because he's nervous about me not being able to get real coverage out of school and in between jobs, as well as me not being able to get on base for grocery shopping and the like when he deploys eventually. Thing is, EVERYONE wants us to get married. It's kind of weird, I never got this the first time around. This time it's, "So when are you getting married?" And "Get married, already!" or my personal favorite, "We like him, and you haven't scared him away yet."

We are, damnit. Richter is our clergy, and Luna is one of the witnesses. So there. We'll have an actual wedding in a year or 2, but for now, we're just going to tell everyone I'm engaged, as to control familial explosions. If my grandmother and the Long Island contingent of the Suu clan were to find out I went and got hitched without a Catholic Priest, again, and did it without telling them, you could hear the brains pop all the way in Tucson.

Yay, mahwage.

-Suu
Ain't changing the name this time, either. Too much work.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Quote from: The Suu on January 22, 2014, 03:09:22 AM
So, I'm getting married.

We've been planning it for 2 weeks now, and we're getting the license on Thursday when he's down from base. I've been keeping it under wraps since we didn't want it to be a big to-do (such as, My Big Fat Italian Wedding Mark II) and just on paper for now, so I can get on military benefits because he's nervous about me not being able to get real coverage out of school and in between jobs, as well as me not being able to get on base for grocery shopping and the like when he deploys eventually. Thing is, EVERYONE wants us to get married. It's kind of weird, I never got this the first time around. This time it's, "So when are you getting married?" And "Get married, already!" or my personal favorite, "We like him, and you haven't scared him away yet."

We are, damnit. Richter is our clergy, and Luna is one of the witnesses. So there. We'll have an actual wedding in a year or 2, but for now, we're just going to tell everyone I'm engaged, as to control familial explosions. If my grandmother and the Long Island contingent of the Suu clan were to find out I went and got hitched without a Catholic Priest, again, and did it without telling them, you could hear the brains pop all the way in Tucson.

Yay, mahwage.

-Suu

Congrats!!! That's amazeballs. :D Happy times!
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIRâ„¢
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Nephew Twiddleton

So, I'm getting married.

Yay, mahwage.

-Suu

I would like to attend the larger celebration, whenever it may be.

May you two have many ears.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Left

Hope was the thing with feathers.
I smacked it with a hammer until it was red and squashy

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Suu

Thanks guys, when the party happens, we'll let everyone know. Richter will be proceeding over that one as well. He mentioned something about duct tape.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Quote from: The Suu on January 22, 2014, 03:23:32 AM
Thanks guys, when the party happens, we'll let everyone know. Richter will be proceeding over that one as well. He mentioned something about duct tape.

Much more secure than a tiny ring.

Unless you're going to do a bondage tape wedding dress. That would be . . . O.O . . . brb, I'll be in my bunk.

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Suu

I just Googled "bondage tape wedding dress" and am disappoint.

Quote from: The Suu on January 22, 2014, 03:33:13 AM
I just Googled "bondage tape wedding dress" and am disappoint.

Fucking Pintrest.

StandBackJack

The Good Reverend Roger

So, I'm getting married.

Yay, mahwage.

-Suu

HAH!  CALLED IT!
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Suu

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 22, 2014, 04:13:26 AM
So, I'm getting married.

Yay, mahwage.

-Suu

HAH!  CALLED IT!

I figured I may as well post it here first, since you figured it out. I knew you did. I think MOST people have, actually. Especially after the whole debacle today he had to deal with as far as housing goes. I just didn't want it to come across as me being all murky and going for his benefits when it's not the case. Yes, for now, it is a marriage of benefits, and a contract, but, we really do love each other, and I haven't wanted to murder him in the 2 years we've dated so far. So I think we're doing well.

Suu

I will also add that yes, we've discussed the possibility of me going to school far away, but he's also going to be gone for at least 6 months by the end of 2016 on his next deployment. I've already started taking care of his finances and such while he's at the shipyard, this is really going to make both of our lives easier. No, I am not stealing his GI Bill, my school costs are my own. But Tricare is cheaper monthly than my Obamacare premium (which is still, might I add, very reasonable) and he gets dependent allowance which will help me have a safety net with my bills when work shits the bed in March, like it always does.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Suu on January 22, 2014, 04:32:47 AM
I will also add that yes, we've discussed the possibility of me going to school far away, but he's also going to be gone for at least 6 months by the end of 2016 on his next deployment. I've already started taking care of his finances and such while he's at the shipyard, this is really going to make both of our lives easier. No, I am not stealing his GI Bill, my school costs are my own. But Tricare is cheaper monthly than my Obamacare premium (which is still, might I add, very reasonable) and he gets dependent allowance which will help me have a safety net with my bills when work shits the bed in March, like it always does.

I don't think anyone is accusing you of anything.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Suu

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 22, 2014, 04:35:27 AM
Quote from: The Suu on January 22, 2014, 04:32:47 AM

I don't think anyone is accusing you of anything.

I know. But I wanted to have my ass covered. I guess you can say I'm shellshocked from previous mistakes.

I mean, it's not like it's only been 2 months, and we're living together, and we're thinking of the children, or anything.