News:

FUCK YOU! MY UNCLE SAM DIED FROM NOT USING FACTS!

Main Menu

Re: Open Bar: RECOMMENDABLE

Started by Nephew Twiddleton, December 31, 2013, 04:38:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 22, 2014, 04:48:15 PM
Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 22, 2014, 04:43:31 PM
Quote from: The Suu on January 22, 2014, 03:14:21 PM
Quote from: Tiddleywomp Cockletit on January 22, 2014, 05:39:39 AM
Congrats, Suu!

In other news, who was the asshat that planted this? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2542048/Parents-warned-alarming-Smarties-snorting-craze-kids-crush-candies-inhale-dust-nose.html
:lol:

We snorted Pixy Stix back in the 90s. It was only a matter of time until the next "big thing." Also, that's Portsmouth, RI for you. East Bay, that "island" over there where the state actually gets it's name from. Yeah. Penal Colony for the Massachusetts Bay Colony. Exiled Puritans, like Anne Hutchinson.  :kingmeh:

The Pixy Stix thing, which I assume is the same as the Smarties thing since they're chemically similar, was all about talking about how it really works to get you high until you convinced one of your friends to actually try it, and then laughing and laughing because a combination of sugar and citric acid in your sinuses is one of the most painful experiences a kid that age has probably ever had. The ensuing agony, coughing, and copious mucous production is enough to prevent pretty much anyone with a functioning nervous system from trying it more than once.

In other words, these people are taking a child's prank and inflating it into a "drug epidemic". It's fucking ridiculous.  :lol:

Don't you care about our assets?   :|

:lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 22, 2014, 05:05:16 PM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 22, 2014, 04:48:15 PM
Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 22, 2014, 04:43:31 PM
Quote from: The Suu on January 22, 2014, 03:14:21 PM
Quote from: Tiddleywomp Cockletit on January 22, 2014, 05:39:39 AM
Congrats, Suu!

In other news, who was the asshat that planted this? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2542048/Parents-warned-alarming-Smarties-snorting-craze-kids-crush-candies-inhale-dust-nose.html
:lol:

We snorted Pixy Stix back in the 90s. It was only a matter of time until the next "big thing." Also, that's Portsmouth, RI for you. East Bay, that "island" over there where the state actually gets it's name from. Yeah. Penal Colony for the Massachusetts Bay Colony. Exiled Puritans, like Anne Hutchinson.  :kingmeh:

The Pixy Stix thing, which I assume is the same as the Smarties thing since they're chemically similar, was all about talking about how it really works to get you high until you convinced one of your friends to actually try it, and then laughing and laughing because a combination of sugar and citric acid in your sinuses is one of the most painful experiences a kid that age has probably ever had. The ensuing agony, coughing, and copious mucous production is enough to prevent pretty much anyone with a functioning nervous system from trying it more than once.

In other words, these people are taking a child's prank and inflating it into a "drug epidemic". It's fucking ridiculous.  :lol:

Don't you care about our assets?   :|

Oh man. That took me a second. :lulz:
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Suu

But yeah, totally more of a prank than anything. Not a pleasant experience, but totally worth a laugh when you're 13.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I wonder how long before a kid is put in jail for it?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Junkenstein

6 months.

Seriously, calling it now. 6 months.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Cain on January 22, 2014, 03:38:35 PM
Yeah, but that was according to FOX News.  Did their "reporter" even go to the school?  Speak to anyone involved? 

Panics like this occur every few years.  You couldn't set your watch by them, but you probably could them as the basis for a regular calendar system.  The Age of Jenkem, the Age of Crushed Smarties, the Age of Vodka Soaked Tampons, the Age of Kids Getting Suicidal Because Their Tamagotchi Died etc etc.

It's a tradition that dates back to the Age of Hairy Palms, Madness, Blindness and Wasting Away from Self Abuse.

Quote from: Junkenstein on January 22, 2014, 06:59:02 PM
6 months.

Seriously, calling it now. 6 months.

Less, I think. I give it a month. A Rhose Island school is already warning parents.

QuoteThe idiotic extracurricular activity has become such a problem that Portsmouth Middle School in Rhode Island warned parents of the "widespread phenomenon," WPRI-TV reported.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Cain

OK, just wrecked my throat by talking for half an hour nonstop for my latest Youtube video.

Just editing it now to test for sound levels etc but I should be able to upload it for tomorrow.  You may want to watch once it is up, as it has pertinent information about what I'll be doing with the channel in the near future.

It also has some gameplay, so if you mostly watch my videos for that, you can see me solo most of a round after my team mates ignobly snuff it, like the scrubs they are.

Telarus

I haven't been able to catch many of your videos, but I'm impressed man. I've wanted to try streaming for a while.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Cain

Thank you.  Streaming with Origin is pretty easy...I would do it that way if the option were there, but the speed in the countryside is horrible (based on feedback from this forum). 

I also understand Twitch.tv are a lot easier to deal with than Youtube...even if they do pay less overall.

Edit: video is good, audio-wise.  Should be able to upload it tomorrow afternoon, UK time.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on January 22, 2014, 08:09:51 PM
OK, just wrecked my throat by talking for half an hour nonstop for my latest Youtube video.

Just editing it now to test for sound levels etc but I should be able to upload it for tomorrow.  You may want to watch once it is up, as it has pertinent information about what I'll be doing with the channel in the near future.

It also has some gameplay, so if you mostly watch my videos for that, you can see me solo most of a round after my team mates ignobly snuff it, like the scrubs they are.

Excellent!

I don't even play, I just put it on and listen to you talk.  :lol:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

God I'm tired. After sleeping for almost nine hours last night. I hope to god I'm not coming down with something.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Oh and I'm getting sent to another conference next month. This one's in town though. Apparently one of my mentors nominated me months ago.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

You know, I open my class page today and am greeted with the announcement that we have completed stoichiometry. And I'm like, really? That's it?

I feel oddly let down.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 22, 2014, 10:35:54 PM
You know, I open my class page today and am greeted with the announcement that we have completed stoichiometry. And I'm like, really? That's it?

I feel oddly let down.

Is that the twirly pasta that's in all different colors?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Yeah, well, won't ever be speaking to St Mae again.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.