News:

For my part, I've replaced optimism and believing the best of people by default with a grin and the absolute 100% certainty that if they cannot find a pig to fuck, they will buy some bacon and play oinking noises on YouTube.

Main Menu

Re: Open Bar: RECOMMENDABLE

Started by Nephew Twiddleton, December 31, 2013, 04:38:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on January 23, 2014, 05:15:08 AM
Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on January 23, 2014, 04:58:03 AM
Moving to the Portland area at the end of the year-ish. Probably smack-dab in the middle of NaNo. Which will be entertaining. Looking at the Gresham area. Beaverton is right out. Fuck that place. Whee!

Portland Portland?

Make sure you tell Nigel all about your NaNoWriMo. She LOVES it.

:lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Reginald Ret

Quote from: V3X on January 23, 2014, 05:44:50 AM
UPDATE: Cancer scare was, apparently, a false alarm. Thank you all for praying to Eris, not because I believe in prayer, but because I now get to tell my sister in law that her son will live because a bunch of Internet people prayed to the Goddess of Confusion and Chaos. Seriously though, I imagine the kid is feeling like a bazillion bucks right now, even if his knee does still have a weird lump in its bone and inexplicable chronic pain.
Excellent news!
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Cain

Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 22, 2014, 10:04:41 PM
Quote from: Cain on January 22, 2014, 08:09:51 PM
OK, just wrecked my throat by talking for half an hour nonstop for my latest Youtube video.

Just editing it now to test for sound levels etc but I should be able to upload it for tomorrow.  You may want to watch once it is up, as it has pertinent information about what I'll be doing with the channel in the near future.

It also has some gameplay, so if you mostly watch my videos for that, you can see me solo most of a round after my team mates ignobly snuff it, like the scrubs they are.

Excellent!

I don't even play, I just put it on and listen to you talk.  :lol:

Ah, but you should watch this one.  I'm playing a lizard in a trenchcoat with a laser-based sniper rifle that melts things.

Also, cheesy scanning devices that let me see enemies through cover (and shoot them) and big-ass explosions.  It doesn't get much cooler than that.

I will say, any games that allow a) scanning through walls and b) cover penetrating weapons is just asking for trouble.  This isn't as cheesy as the time I used drill rounds on the Javelin sniper rifle with a high velocity barrel (combined cover penetration of 4.85 metres), but it's close.

I will, eventually, do a Mass Effect playthrough, so all of you can know the storyline behind what I'm playing.  Just not straight away.

Cain

My second article has been published by the strategic forecasting people.  Keywords: Saudi Arabia, strain, USA, Iraq, relations.  If you want to look for it, that is.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 23, 2014, 07:29:04 AM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 22, 2014, 10:51:32 PM
Yeah, well, won't ever be speaking to St Mae again.

Wow, really? Missed that. She's LO's aunt.

Yeah, it's unfortunate.  I won't be throwing much shit all over the walls, but I don't take kindly to being told I'm not an actual person.  Didn't know about her being LO's aunt.  Makes the whole thing worse.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

hooplala

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 23, 2014, 01:46:58 PM
Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 23, 2014, 07:29:04 AM

Yeah, it's unfortunate.  I won't be throwing much shit all over the walls, but I don't take kindly to being told I'm not an actual person.  Didn't know about her being LO's aunt.  Makes the whole thing worse.

This also took place on Disco2014 group? 
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Hoopla on January 23, 2014, 02:13:50 PM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 23, 2014, 01:46:58 PM

This also took place on Disco2014 group?

Nope.  Autumn's wall.

In happier news:

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/Ghost-ship-cannibal-rats-crash-Devon-coast/story-20487193-detail/story.html

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

hooplala

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 23, 2014, 02:22:17 PM
Autumn = St Mae, yes?

I believe so.

Sometimes I think the whole "You disagree with me, therefor you are not being serious" issue is one of the things ruining the world... and then I think it's probably always been like this.  I mean shit, I disagree with people all the time... at least I give them the respect of believing they actually hold their opinions.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Nephew Twiddleton

That's great news, Vex. Whatever it is, it ain't the big C.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Cain

Yeah, definitely.  Once you rule out cancer, the options can only look better.

LMNO

:sight of relief:

Good to hear, V3X.

Suu

Quote from: V3X on January 23, 2014, 05:44:50 AM
UPDATE: Cancer scare was, apparently, a false alarm. Thank you all for praying to Eris, not because I believe in prayer, but because I now get to tell my sister in law that her son will live because a bunch of Internet people prayed to the Goddess of Confusion and Chaos. Seriously though, I imagine the kid is feeling like a bazillion bucks right now, even if his knee does still have a weird lump in its bone and inexplicable chronic pain.

Yeah, but his prognosis just got a lot better. It may be a benign tumor or bone spur, but now they can go in and take care of it without threat of malignancy. He's going to live to be a grownup, that's all that matters.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Nephew Twiddleton

So because Janus happened on the first day of classes, I've only been to Microbiology. General Bio II is tonight, I log into the Algebra class tomorrow (14 days free access to MyMathLab, payday is Thursday), and Saturday is Intro to Biotech.

Applied for FAFSA for 2014-2015, but I think my eligibility for the Pell Grant through BHCC will run out in Fall (when I reach the maximum amount of allowable credits), and so, aside from settling into classes, I'll be looking into whether non-government grants and scholarships are allowable after that point, or start making my case for "LOL JUST KIDDING ABOUT THE HISTORY DEGREE" or, you know. Consider transferring to UMass Boston earlier.

And internships. Looking into internships.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Hoopla on January 23, 2014, 02:27:48 PM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 23, 2014, 02:22:17 PM
Autumn = St Mae, yes?

I believe so.

Sometimes I think the whole "You disagree with me, therefor you are not being serious" issue is one of the things ruining the world... and then I think it's probably always been like this.  I mean shit, I disagree with people all the time... at least I give them the respect of believing they actually hold their opinions.

Yes, you demonstrated that courtesy during the atheism debate.

Thing is, I don't like being told that I have no agency any more than anyone else does.  If she had said, "NO, YOU'RE WRONG", that would have been one thing.  But I was told that I was "just a troll" and my opinion was not actually an opinion and thus carries no weight.