Re: Open Bar: RECOMMENDABLE

Started by Nephew Twiddleton, December 31, 2013, 04:38:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 28, 2014, 03:23:26 AM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 27, 2014, 10:42:24 PM
Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 27, 2014, 10:40:17 PM
They just called the guy who was behind me in line.

Raise all manner of hell.

It turns out that not only am I graduating this term, but I'm accidentally graduating with two degrees.  :lol:

That 1 credit yoga class that my friend Miz B talked me into at the last possible minute? Well, it turns out that all these random classes that I took while I was flailing around, before I decided I need to major in biology, when you combine them with the classes I'm taking for my AA Oregon transfer degree, they added up to be 1 credit shy of an AS. 1... PE credit.

So I am graduating with an AA and an AS in March.

I'm starting to be kind of superstitious about Miz B. I don't know if you recall, but she was my assistant and right-hand woman during my most profitable years of beadmaking. Everything I do that she's involved in turns out MUCH better than anticipated.

Congrats! That's awesome. :)
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIRâ„¢
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on January 28, 2014, 03:49:06 AM
Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 28, 2014, 03:23:26 AM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 27, 2014, 10:42:24 PM
Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 27, 2014, 10:40:17 PM
They just called the guy who was behind me in line.

Raise all manner of hell.

It turns out that not only am I graduating this term, but I'm accidentally graduating with two degrees.  :lol:

That 1 credit yoga class that my friend Miz B talked me into at the last possible minute? Well, it turns out that all these random classes that I took while I was flailing around, before I decided I need to major in biology, when you combine them with the classes I'm taking for my AA Oregon transfer degree, they added up to be 1 credit shy of an AS. 1... PE credit.

So I am graduating with an AA and an AS in March.

I'm starting to be kind of superstitious about Miz B. I don't know if you recall, but she was my assistant and right-hand woman during my most profitable years of beadmaking. Everything I do that she's involved in turns out MUCH better than anticipated.

Congrats! That's awesome. :)

Thanks! It went by like nothing doing. I used to keep this list on my wall, of the classes I needed to take to finish my AA... and this term I have no list. It was so long! And now it's gone!

It makes me wish I'd done it sooner, but I'm sticking to a strict no-regrets policy.  :)
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

I still haven't managed to graduate after 6 years because I totally suck. Also art school made me hate art. I think I will graduate next spring tho finally...I hope

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Vladimir Poutine ⊂(◉‿◉)つ on January 28, 2014, 03:56:27 AM
I still haven't managed to graduate after 6 years because I totally suck. Also art school made me hate art. I think I will graduate next spring tho finally...I hope

Hehe...Fred, I haven't graduated after 27 years.  Just so you know.

And I worry that art school will make my daughter hate art.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

You will do it! And if you start to feel discouraged, just remember that you're still 17 years ahead of me. :)
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 28, 2014, 03:57:43 AM

I would just quit now and find a job if I could but I feel obligated to finish because I took out so many loans already. I'd still have to pay them off and not have a degree to show for it.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I am interested in the art school making a person hate art conversation, because EFO is a remarkable and driven artist. However, as of age 16, she wants to get her degree in psychology, so maybe that will be a non-issue.

The Good Reverend Roger

It's the home stretch, after all.  You just have to get serious.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 28, 2014, 04:00:29 AM
I am interested in the art school making a person hate art conversation, because EFO is a remarkable and driven artist. However, as of age 16, she wants to get her degree in psychology, so maybe that will be a non-issue.

It's what electives are for, I suppose.  There are some classes critical for an artist, but most artists I know that make a living - or most of a living at it - do not have an art degree.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Vladimir Poutine ⊂(◉‿◉)つ on January 28, 2014, 04:00:15 AM

I would just quit now and find a job if I could but I feel obligated to finish because I took out so many loans already. I'd still have to pay them off and not have a degree to show for it.

Do you have the option of changing your degree?

One of my dear friends was an art major at Sarah Lawrence, ended up burning out/dropping out and when she took classes at PSU she took chemistry, ended up absolutely loving it and is now a chemistry PhD.

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 28, 2014, 03:58:41 AM

You will do it! And if you start to feel discouraged, just remember that you're still 17 years ahead of me. :)
Yeah but I have been in school for the entire 6 years for a 4 year degree haha ugh. I'm just a terrible student. I don't even know how to be a good student I always fuck up somehow.

The Good Reverend Roger

So finish.  You're not stupid by any means, so it isn't beyond your ability.

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 28, 2014, 04:01:48 AM

Do you have the option of changing your degree?

One of my dear friends was an art major at Sarah Lawrence, ended up burning out/dropping out and when she took classes at PSU she took chemistry, ended up absolutely loving it and is now a chemistry PhD.

Sticking with art will get me out the quickest. I tried fashion before switching back to art. I like my illustration program at my first school but i fucked up there and had to leave.
I don't know what I would switch to I'm not good at anything.

The Good Reverend Roger

From what I have observed, the barriers to graduating are, in order:

1.  A family (this is what got me).
2.  Money.
3.  Beer.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 28, 2014, 04:01:34 AM
Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 28, 2014, 04:00:29 AM

It's what electives are for, I suppose.  There are some classes critical for an artist, but most artists I know that make a living - or most of a living at it - do not have an art degree.

Some of my career artist friends do, some don't. It's pretty mixed. One of 'em, who has an art degree but has been making a living as a carpenter for the last 20 years, just wild-haired hisself into an art and craft graduate program and intends to teach art for the rest of his life. I think he's going to do well at it.