News:

PD.com : We are the parents your children warned you about.

Main Menu

Re: Open Bar: RECOMMENDABLE

Started by Nephew Twiddleton, December 31, 2013, 04:38:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Jet City Hustle on January 29, 2014, 06:16:06 PM
I think your bosses run the restaurant I work at.

I think it's a personality type.  I really do.

Specifically, the autistic type that only sees a world in which everything is just the way they like it, and if not presented with that world, they go full potato and start biting people.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 29, 2014, 06:18:49 PM

Specifically, the autistic type that only sees a world in which everything is just the way they like it, and if not presented with that world, they go full potato and start biting people.

Can't you report that moron?
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIRâ„¢
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 29, 2014, 06:13:32 PM
Well, that was a fun 2 hours.

Other Jerk:  "We're going to do such-and-such.  How much will that cost, Roger?"

Roger:  "$70,000, if you don't want any bells and whistles."

Mike:  "It would be a whole lot better if it would cost $48,000."

Roger:  "Life would be a whole lot better if my wants and needs were so casually accepted by the universe, too."

Mike:  "So, what, $55,000?"

Roger:  "Yes, but you don't get a roof and the machine isn't connected to any power."

Mike:  "But I need a roof and power."

Roger:  "Then it's $70,000."

Mike:  "I don't like your attitude.  You're being very unreasonable."

Roger:  "Watch as I completely fail to give a fuck."

Jim:  "Be nice."

Roger:  "I am being nice.  The universe - and this includes vendors and contractors - works in a particular way.  You don't get more out than you put in.  Period.  The end."

Mike:  "Well, let's just put $48,000 down.  We can change it later."

Roger:  "Do what you like.  I'm not signing off on this unless it says at least $70,000."

Mike:  "You're being obstructionist."

Roger:  "No, I'm not violating Sarbanes/Oxely by fucking about with capital expenditures.  You want to go to jail, you go right ahead."

Jim:  "Fuck it, I'm tabling this.  NEXT ITEM."

Mike:  "The PCK.  Roger, how much is the infrastructure going to cost?"

Roger:  "$65,000."

Mike:  "It would be a whole lot better if it would cost $42,000."

Rinse, repeat.  For 2 hours.

:lol: Wow. Maybe I should try that with the college, too. "It would be a whole lot better if this term cost $1500".
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on January 29, 2014, 06:36:21 PM

This was probably a really stupid thing to say. I apologize. I don't even work with him and I want to pound him into paste. I can't imagine what a draining effect his douchebaggery would have day after day after day after day.

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

The Good Reverend Roger

Not unless he actually does something.  And he's got just enough survival instincts to not do that shit unless he can get everyone else's signatures on it.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 29, 2014, 06:37:34 PM
:lol: Wow. Maybe I should try that with the college, too. "It would be a whole lot better if this term cost $1500".

:lulz:

Yeah, well, Mike is sort of a cross between Wally from Dilbert and the boss from Office Work.  Which is why he's not allowed to be in charge of anyone.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on January 29, 2014, 06:38:06 PM

This was probably a really stupid thing to say. I apologize. I don't even work with him and I want to pound him into paste. I can't imagine what a draining effect his douchebaggery would have day after day after day after day.

No, no, it's okay.  And yeah, it is pretty bad.  But I occasionally have my fun.

Usually by crushing his dreams.

Left

This is spiffy:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15182905
....Boiled extract of common portulaca/purslane has about the same bronchodilatory effect as theophylline.

Grows everywhere in the lower 48, often quite happily in parking lots. Can be grown super-easily from branchlets.
  IIRC, also a very good source of plant omega-3-EFA's.
This stuff. 

(Reason for edit-wanted smaller picture.)
Hope was the thing with feathers.
I smacked it with a hammer until it was red and squashy

The Good Reverend Roger

Not familiar with that one.  The lower 48 must not include horrible, uninhabitable deserts.

Left

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 29, 2014, 07:08:31 PM
Not familiar with that one.  The lower 48 must not include horrible, uninhabitable deserts.
Dunno, it's a succulent.  It would look less leafy where you live, and in the heat of the day the leaves would fold into the stem.
Maybe like this?:

Portulaca Grandiflora is probably sold in garden centers where you live, though I don't know if it's as nutritious:

Note the round leaves.  There's a pointy-leafed version of P Grandiflora, but the leaves are bitter. 

Hope was the thing with feathers.
I smacked it with a hammer until it was red and squashy

The Good Reverend Roger

Cain

Blah, ran out of space on my hard drive for game footage.  I'll take this as the Great Internet Hivemend's way of telling me to start rendering my shit down.  And also to get a coffee.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on January 29, 2014, 07:54:43 PM
And also to get a coffee.

This last bit should go without saying.

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 29, 2014, 06:42:07 PM
Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on January 29, 2014, 06:38:06 PM

No, no, it's okay.  And yeah, it is pretty bad.  But I occasionally have my fun.

Usually by crushing his dreams.

ROGER CRUSH!

Cain

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 29, 2014, 07:57:25 PM
Quote from: Cain on January 29, 2014, 07:54:43 PM
And also to get a coffee.

This last bit should go without saying.

True.  That bit could be added to almost every aspect of my life.