News:

MysticWicks endorsement: ""Oooh, I'm a Discordian! I can do whatever I want! Which means I can just SAY I'm a pagan but I never bother doing rituals or studying any kind of sacred texts or developing a relationship with deity, etc! I can go around and not be Christian, but I won't quite be anything else either because I just can't commit and I can't be ARSED to commit!"

Main Menu

Most Selfish Bastard Award goes to...(drum roll)...

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, January 16, 2014, 05:14:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

That guy . . . sounds like a total asswipe. "Enjoy life, help others, don't hurt anyone - except family, fuck those guys."
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on January 16, 2014, 05:19:07 PM
That guy . . . sounds like a total asswipe. "Enjoy life, help others, don't hurt anyone - except family, fuck those guys."

This has to be the most ORIGINAL midlife crisis ever.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Suu

"Oh hey wife, I signed up to go colonize Mars. I won't be coming back. Tell the kids I said bye and we'll Skype after dinner."

I especially like the, "Should we divorce now or later" conundrum.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 16, 2014, 05:21:26 PM

And it's the wife's fault for not being supportive.

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Quote from: The Suu on January 16, 2014, 05:28:35 PM
"Oh hey wife, I signed up to go colonize Mars. I won't be coming back. Tell the kids I said bye and we'll Skype after dinner."

I especially like the, "Should we divorce now or later" conundrum.

Me too. I was shouting "DIVORCE NOW!" and it scared my cat. :P

tyrannosaurus vex

What a grade-A bag of half-eaten dog shit. I think the idea of colonizing Mars is 1000% awesome, but do I want to know that our sister planet is populated by deadbeat dads? No, no I do not. But this is what we get in the 21st century, I guess. Anyone who isn't too busy trying to outrun starvation and civil war is a victim of Special Snowflake Syndrome, and believe the bullshit they put in inspirational posters. "If you really believe in yourself, you'll find a way not to care what you do to the people who love and need you." Kudos to this guy, because now his family gets to spend the years between now and whenever he gets the "LOL YOU'RE NOT REALLY IN" letter from Mars One, believing that he's going to fuck off and leave them to fend for themselves. He is already a ghost, so when his dreams come crashing down like his dumb ass corpse will from the rafters in the garage when he gets that letter, they'll at least be able to pretend he's died and gone to Mars.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Suu

Quote from: V3X on January 16, 2014, 05:45:57 PM
What a grade-A bag of half-eaten dog shit. I think the idea of colonizing Mars is 1000% awesome, but do I want to know that our sister planet is populated by deadbeat dads? No, no I do not. But this is what we get in the 21st century, I guess. Anyone who isn't too busy trying to outrun starvation and civil war is a victim of Special Snowflake Syndrome, and believe the bullshit they put in inspirational posters. "If you really believe in yourself, you'll find a way not to care what you do to the people who love and need you." Kudos to this guy, because now his family gets to spend the years between now and whenever he gets the "LOL YOU'RE NOT REALLY IN" letter from Mars One, believing that he's going to fuck off and leave them to fend for themselves. He is already a ghost, so when his dreams come crashing down like his dumb ass corpse will from the rafters in the garage when he gets that letter, they'll at least be able to pretend he's died and gone to Mars.

Tell us how you really feel.

But yeah, I saw that there's still only going to be 24 people that are going to be actually going, and they still don't have a definitive date for it. My bet is that the program will specifically weed out folks like him, for reasons such as, oh, you know, abandonment. Something tells me his dreams are gonna come crashing down.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Suu on January 16, 2014, 06:24:05 PM
Quote from: V3X on January 16, 2014, 05:45:57 PM

Tell us how you really feel.

But yeah, I saw that there's still only going to be 24 people that are going to be actually going, and they still don't have a definitive date for it. My bet is that the program will specifically weed out folks like him, for reasons such as, oh, you know, abandonment. Something tells me his dreams are gonna come crashing down.

More likely "Nobody is going."

Nephew Twiddleton

Yep, I think that's what it is.

You know if you want to leave your wife that's one thing, people get divorced all the time, but this has gotta be the wussiest way to do it. "Sorry babe, gotta go to Mars." And if he can't stay in TWO marriages, how does he expect to deal with the same 3 people for the rest of his life in close quarters?
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

hooplala

I propose Kim & Kanye, Justin Bieber, and that guy from TMZ.  I'd be happy with them on a one way trip to Mars.

Oh, and, Shia LaBeouf.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Suu

Quote from: THE PHYTOPHTHORATIC HOLDER OF THE ADVANCED DEGREE on January 16, 2014, 06:27:53 PM

You know if you want to leave your wife that's one thing, people get divorced all the time, but this has gotta be the wussiest way to do it. "Sorry babe, gotta go to Mars." And if he can't stay in TWO marriages, how does he expect to deal with the same 3 people for the rest of his life in close quarters?

I wonder, in his mind, that he actually thinks that this is a great idea. And that his kids are going to think it's awesome that their absentee father signed up to go to Mars without repercussion.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: The Suu on January 16, 2014, 06:31:50 PM
Quote from: THE PHYTOPHTHORATIC HOLDER OF THE ADVANCED DEGREE on January 16, 2014, 06:27:53 PM

I wonder, in his mind, that he actually thinks that this is a great idea. And that his kids are going to think it's awesome that their absentee father signed up to go to Mars without repercussion.

Douche: I want to put my stamp on history. My kids will think I'm a hero!
Kids: Dad, please, please, please don't go to Mars.
Douche: Proud of me!

Years later (assuming successfully completing the program):
Daughter: Yeah, it would have been nice to have my dad walk me down the aisle if he wasn't such a self absorbed dick that fucked off to Mars.

Meanwhile on Mars:
Douche: Mars is boring. These people suck. I hate it here. At least my kids are proud of me.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Suu

Quote from: THE PHYTOPHTHORATIC HOLDER OF THE ADVANCED DEGREE on January 16, 2014, 06:37:03 PM
Quote from: The Suu on January 16, 2014, 06:31:50 PM

Douche: I want to put my stamp on history. My kids will think I'm a hero!
Kids: Dad, please, please, please don't go to Mars.
Douche: Proud of me!

Years later (assuming successfully completing the program):
Daughter: Yeah, it would have been nice to have my dad walk me down the aisle if he wasn't such a self absorbed dick that fucked off to Mars.

Meanwhile on Mars:
Douche: Mars is boring. These people suck. I hate it here. At least my kids are proud of me.

My guess is that he'd be married 2 more times. You know, for procreating purposes.

The Good Reverend Roger