News:

Endorsement from MysticWicks: "The most fatuous, manipulative, and venomous people to be found here are all of the discordian genre."

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: it rubs the lotion on the skin or it gets the hose again

Started by Salty, February 02, 2014, 03:49:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

On a side note, I have discovered a Facebook group called "We (fucking) love atheism". Which I do not have time for, but it looks like a deliciously fertile ground.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on February 16, 2014, 03:51:13 PM
In truth, it's really that I watch the vids at work, and I pause it every now and then. I suppose I could do it during lunch, but I have a feeling that would be at like midnight or something for you.

Nah, you guys are only 5 hours behind.  Though chances are, I wouldn't start until 7pm or so anyway.  Gotta have dinner and stuff, ya know.  Also, I wouldn't be livestreaming anything important.  Just some Mass Effect, or maybe Skyrim.  As a test run.

Salty

I had such a horrible headache yesterday I could hardly see...

....so I cancelled my clients and poured boilernakers on it. Which, did not help until I found, sitting at the spinning bar, knotted fascia on my scalp, which after undoing, freed me from the horrible pain, I have had those headaches for years and could not figure them out.

That was also at noon. I have never had a hangover at 1am before. Fascinating.

Truly, the trick with booze is: do it all in.one go. I would happily never smell a whiskey again.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I am cracking up at how bent out of shape people on Facebook get about being blocked. Also, I accidentally blocked an admin and they threatened to ban me. :lulz:

Control freaks abound.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Salty

Hey a flaky gay dude who stands me up. How new and different. I do not know why keep trying.

That's 0/7 in the last 3 years.

Whatever.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Pæs

Quote from: Cain on February 16, 2014, 04:27:16 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on February 16, 2014, 03:51:13 PM
In truth, it's really that I watch the vids at work, and I pause it every now and then. I suppose I could do it during lunch, but I have a feeling that would be at like midnight or something for you.

Nah, you guys are only 5 hours behind.  Though chances are, I wouldn't start until 7pm or so anyway.  Gotta have dinner and stuff, ya know.  Also, I wouldn't be livestreaming anything important.  Just some Mass Effect, or maybe Skyrim.  As a test run.

If you're streaming some Skyrim, my suggestion is to do a run using the Ritual Stone and the Aetherial Crown, so you have unlimited casting of AoE raise dead. Every time an enemy falls, they join my zombie army until my PS3 crashes because it doesn't like figuring out the AI for 150 bandits, rats, wolves, trolls, giants and vampires every time I encounter an enemy.

Cain

Wait a minute, the PS3 can handle more than 10 AI at once?  That is news to me.

As fun as that does sound, extensive modding and remodding and remodding again has made all my high level games as unstable as fuck. When I last loaded my high level playthrough, I was chased halfway across Skyrim by a Frost Troll, who would never die and occasionally stopped to say "Whistle, whistle or a whistle?" at me.

It was....very strange.

The problem is there are so many great mods for Skyrim, but many are incompatible.  So I had the "hardcore" playthrough (combat much more realistic, better AI, more dangerous dragons).  I had the survivalist alternative start hunter in the wilds playthrough (I lasted until about level 7....when I died of thirst), the roleplaying playthrough, the visually stunning but no other mods because c'mon now a laptop is good but this thing is two years old playthrough....and so on and so forth.

Suu

...And in the end, Providence pissed on my bed before I left.

No, really. Here I am, under a brand new roof, in the nicer, larger unit that never leaked, half-packed to move...when the last Nor'Easter ripped the new roof off and my bedroom ceiling somehow leaked, 3 days before I leave this fucking city.

:crankey:

Thanks, Eris.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

East Coast Hustle

It's no different over there.

I'm beginning to suspect the problem is more fundamental. I think that people are slowly moving away from viewing the internet as an interactive thing. It's becoming TV.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Jet City Hustle on February 17, 2014, 07:10:43 PM
It's no different over there.

I'm beginning to suspect the problem is more fundamental. I think that people are slowly moving away from viewing the internet as an interactive thing. It's becoming TV.

Probably.  It's still depressing.  If I don't find someone to talk with, I'll have to do my job.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Cain

Apparently it's Presidents Day or something in the US?  I guess most people are taking advantage of the holiday.

Me, I'm having fun cleaning the house and getting rid of junk.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on February 17, 2014, 07:35:53 PM
Apparently it's Presidents Day or something in the US?  I guess most people are taking advantage of the holiday.

Me, I'm having fun cleaning the house and getting rid of junk.

Nobody gets president's day off, except civil servants and some students.

Junkenstein

Claim to be one or the other and fuck off home.

Worth a shot.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Junkenstein on February 17, 2014, 07:39:02 PM
Claim to be one or the other and fuck off home.

Worth a shot.

I was home for 2 weeks.  I was crawling up the walls.  At least here, I can torment stupid people.