OPEN BAR: it rubs the lotion on the skin or it gets the hose again

Started by Salty, February 02, 2014, 03:49:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

This is what happens when you try to play a game your computer is not built to handle http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqk8zFDZNSE

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Cain on February 19, 2014, 11:49:40 AM
Quote from: Pæs on February 19, 2014, 10:13:59 AM
So it turns out that if I worked, like, ten fewer hours a week and so had time to prepare meals instead of buying easy to make things, I would wind up with about $100 more a week than I have by working full time but not having time to make decent meals, plus I would be better fed. Looks like work might be entirely happy to accommodate that.

That sounds like a win/win/win scenario.  Hot damn.
I'm jealous and that is a way of making working less affordable that i hadn't considered.
Thinking commences.
Not that i will be allowed to work less.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Pæs

So it turns out that if I worked, like, ten fewer hours a week and so had time to prepare meals instead of buying easy to make things, I would wind up with about $100 more a week than I have by working full time but not having time to make decent meals, plus I would be better fed. Looks like work might be entirely happy to accommodate that.

Yeah, am running budgets and hunting for a downside, but it's looking increasingly viable, which would be amazing.

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Pæs on February 19, 2014, 12:17:10 PM

Yeah, am running budgets and hunting for a downside, but it's looking increasingly viable, which would be amazing.
You are like reverse immigrant, you give other people jobs. without going anywhere!
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Pæs

To be fair, I've spent more than my fair share of time automating other people's jobs.

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Pæs on February 19, 2014, 12:29:30 PM
To be fair, I've spent more than my fair share of time automating other people's jobs.
And you gave jobs to robots too?! cool!

The Good Reverend Roger

I need to write later today, or I'll asplode.

Someone give me a victim.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

Cain

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on February 19, 2014, 02:07:21 PM
I need to write later today, or I'll asplode.

Someone give me a victim.

Eric Pickles.  And if you can make him explode, we'd all be very grateful.

The Good Reverend Roger

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Cain

Oh.  Well then, in that case...how about whoever currently leads the Tennessee Senate?

Volkswagen, who has a huge factory in the state - and I swear I'm not making this up - was supporting an effort for the workers there to unionize, as, of course, Germany has a long tradition of fairly strong unions and what might be called cooperative capitalism.

The Tennessee legislature, in response exploded.  Grover Norquist and the Koch brothers and all the rest got involved, declaring Volkswagen didn't understand its own rational self-interest and threatening all manner of doom against the company and its workers.

As a result of this extortion and harassment, factory workers have decided not to unionize.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on February 19, 2014, 03:32:30 PM
Oh.  Well then, in that case...how about whoever currently leads the Tennessee Senate?

Volkswagen, who has a huge factory in the state - and I swear I'm not making this up - was supporting an effort for the workers there to unionize, as, of course, Germany has a long tradition of fairly strong unions and what might be called cooperative capitalism.

The Tennessee legislature, in response exploded.  Grover Norquist and the Koch brothers and all the rest got involved, declaring Volkswagen didn't understand its own rational self-interest and threatening all manner of doom against the company and its workers.

As a result of this extortion and harassment, factory workers have decided not to unionize.

You can't have one bad apple ruining it for all the other companies, of course.

It's a good idea, and I may do it tomorrow.  However, I am not feeling terribly political today, so when the confined space entry is over today, I'm going to write the horrible fucking truth about Junkenstein.

Junkenstein

I look forward to it. I'll return the favour later when I've stopped sniggering at the latest idiocy here.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Junkenstein on February 19, 2014, 03:58:10 PM
I look forward to it. I'll return the favour later when I've stopped sniggering at the latest idiocy here.

Well, in about a half hour we have to go into a tank and confirm my suspicions.  This will make my boss a sad panda.

When I get done with that, well...

Cain

A tank or a tank?  Because one of those would be awesome, whereas the other...not so much.