News:

It is better to set off a nuclear bomb, than to sit and curse the dark.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: it rubs the lotion on the skin or it gets the hose again

Started by Salty, February 02, 2014, 03:49:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on March 12, 2014, 01:35:30 PM
Two more caveats: 

1) There is a $10 cover.
2) Drinks are really fucking expensive, even for Cambridge.

Advance Tickets can be found here.

Money means nothing to me.  The company is paying for it.

Also, I don't drink much.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

Cain

Slowly freezing to death.

Also I'm pretty sure the problem with my computer is the graphics card - while it was good for 2011, it's been made quite redundant since.  I looked at upgrading to the newest model in the range...and it's about £300 ($500+).

Which is kinda pricey.  On the other hand, I think everything else is working just fine, and it's still cheaper than new computer.  I think I need to consult with the geek shop about installation costs and similar.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on March 12, 2014, 02:44:10 PM
Ah, yes.  Caveats for the others, then.

I will pass that on.  Dimo says he's solvent, not so sure about the others.

Richter will make time from his convention to attend, or I will stomp on a street urchin.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

LMNO

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on March 12, 2014, 02:56:49 PM
It's in Cambridge.  Stomp on a Harvard freshman.

No, no, I'm trying to threaten punishment.  Richter HATES Harvard freshmen.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Woke up to texts from my best friend asking if I have a spare hour this morning because she could use a hand with something.

:|

She's married, and her husband is just finishing his medical imaging degree. Maybe she could ask HIM for a hand.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nobody understands birds on March 12, 2014, 03:11:08 PM
Woke up to texts from my best friend asking if I have a spare hour this morning because she could use a hand with something.

She's married, and her husband is just finishing his medical imaging degree. Maybe she could ask HIM for a hand.

Well, she's your best friend.  So you can just text back "No, unfortunately I don't", and she'll understand.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 12, 2014, 03:14:11 PM
Quote from: Nobody understands birds on March 12, 2014, 03:11:08 PM

Well, she's your best friend.  So you can just text back "No, unfortunately I don't", and she'll understand.

Yeah, I did, and she did, I was just a little surprised because of all people, she knows.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Well, especially because I was just over there on Monday bringing her dessert and telling her that I'm just barely holding it together.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nobody understands birds on March 12, 2014, 03:27:30 PM
Well, especially because I was just over there on Monday bringing her dessert and telling her that I'm just barely holding it together.

Balls.  Nigel is made out of 440C stainless steel, and has tungsten for nerves.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 12, 2014, 02:55:13 PM

Richter will make time from his convention to attend, or I will stomp on a street urchin.

I'm fine with that. And yeah, the 21st is good, so count me in.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on March 12, 2014, 03:37:20 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 12, 2014, 02:55:13 PM

I'm fine with that. And yeah, the 21st is good, so count me in.

woot!

Also, random news thread in Aneristic Delusions just got weird.   :lulz:

LMNO

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on March 12, 2014, 03:42:37 PM
WHOSE MYTHOS WILL PREVAIL?

Weaponized Apes don't care, really.  We just want to hit shit until it stops moving.

Ever wonder why we never see any signs of aliens?  Huh?  THINK ABOUT IT.  If YOU lived next door to US, YOU wouldn't make a peep, EITHER.  Until you could grab your shit and MOVE TO A BETTER NEIGHBORHOOD.