News:

PD.com: We have 73 Virgins!

Main Menu

Personalized Dictionary

Started by Red, February 23, 2014, 08:51:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red

Moving this to the dictionary.

Do you have any words or phrases that you made up and use in your every day life? If so, come share some of them here so we can grab them and pretend we're so awesome for using our own special language appreciate them in all their glory!

Here's a couple of mine...

Walmartian: A person who clearly does almost all if not all of their shopping at Walmart. They often are proud of this fact and talk about shopping at Walmart a lot. Bonus points if they do all their shopping around 2-3 AM when the midget hookers are stalking the aisles. Triple points if they actually are the midget hooker in question.

Example: Joey is a major Walmartian- he never shops anywhere else!

FUn: A feeling of determined frustration at an event that one must finish. It's one of those events that puts the "F*** YOU" in fun.

Example: Taking my exams was FUn.

ORANGE JUICE: Any event which seems emotionally difficult at the time, but in hindsight will probably seem like nothing or even turn out to be funny. Can also be used as an exclamation of emotional anguish during one of these situations.

Ok, there's a story on this one...

My best friend was trying to open a box of orange juice and failed miserably. It has been a bad week, and this was the straw that broke the camel's back. She slumped to the floor, sobbing because she felt like a waste of a human being for not being able to open a box of orange juice. Suddenly everything in her life sucked even more than before and nothing in the world mattered because she couldn't even open a box of orange juice. When her dad found her and asked what was wrong, she wailed "ORRANGE JUUUIIICEEE!!" and collapsed in tears.

She's planning to say that on her death bed now.
Citizen Kane can keep his sled, she'll have the ORANGE JUICE.

The Johnny

<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Salty

The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

MMIX

"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Red

Quote from: MMIX on February 23, 2014, 04:31:51 PM
Quote from: The Johnny on February 23, 2014, 09:30:55 AM
midget hookers?

midget hookers - things for hooking midgets
Hey- midgets can get hooked on stuff just like everyone else. Grab some Warcraft, cigarettes and chocolate and you're bound to catch at least one! Or maybe a chainsmoking nerd. Well, you'll catch something, anyway.

Pæs

Paging Brother Nihil. Brother Nihil to the "words I invented" thread.

The Johnny

Quote from: Pæs on February 23, 2014, 11:32:24 PM
Paging Brother Nihil. Brother Nihil to the "words I invented" thread.

And dont forget Von, we could have a personal circus.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

The Good Reverend Roger

We have a discordian dictionary. 
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Red

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 24, 2014, 04:23:30 PM
We have a discordian dictionary.
Ahh. Do you have the link so I can move this stuff over there? I browsed back 10+ pages in this forum and didn't see anything.  :oops:

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Red