News:

In my heart I knew that rotten testicles and inflamed penises were on the way.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: 50 Shades of Chronic Liver Disease

Started by East Coast Hustle, March 13, 2014, 10:34:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

The ones I hate are the ones where I have to GO LOOK SHIT UP ON A TABLE, I'm like, OK yes I get that we need to be able to use tables, but you couldn't just give me the boiling point and boiling point elevation constant for the solvent?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Trivial

~22.9?  (no idea if I'm close, so you can laugh if it's nowhere near a number that makes sense).
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

Trivial

Quote from: Nigel on March 19, 2014, 02:59:53 AM
The ones I hate are the ones where I have to GO LOOK SHIT UP ON A TABLE, I'm like, OK yes I get that we need to be able to use tables, but you couldn't just give me the boiling point and boiling point elevation constant for the solvent?

Oh that was my entire thermo science class.  Nothing but steam tables.  Quarter of the textbook was steam tables.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: UNREGISTERED SHARPIE USER on March 19, 2014, 03:04:16 AM
~22.9?

227g/mol... the boiling point of Benzene is 80.100°C and the boiling point elevation is 2.53°C/m, solve using deltaT = mK.

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: UNREGISTERED SHARPIE USER on March 19, 2014, 03:08:24 AM
Quote from: Nigel on March 19, 2014, 02:59:53 AM

Oh that was my entire thermo science class.  Nothing but steam tables.  Quarter of the textbook was steam tables.

It just makes me sigh because it adds a minute or so to the whole thing, making it epically more tedious.

Trivial

Quote from: Nigel on March 19, 2014, 03:12:19 AM
~22.9?

227g/mol... the boiling point of Benzene is 80.100°C and the boiling point elevation is 2.53°C/m, solve using deltaT = mK.

I seriously need to go back to school, I found the right info and managed to fail at the math part.  I'm sad.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

It is worth noting that the main reason these are taking so ling is because I've never done them before. They're probably 5-10 minute problems at MOST to someone who is experienced and can just look at it and go "yeah, sweet, I just put this over here and solve for m and multiply by solvent in kilograms and divide grams by moles" whereas I'm all, derp de derp derp, what do I have? Where does it go? What do I need? Oh shit, how do I get there from here?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: UNREGISTERED SHARPIE USER on March 19, 2014, 03:18:14 AM
Quote from: Nigel on March 19, 2014, 03:12:19 AM
~22.9?

I seriously need to go back to school, I found the right info and managed to fail at the math part.  I'm sad.

Awwww!

But seriously, if you're not using it on a regular basis, there is really no reason for your brain to keep this stuff ready at hand.

Trivial

Damnit I had 12.8g/.0559mol written down, that ended kinda close maybe I had a definition problem

Trivial

True, but I hate my current job and degrading of skills is just a sign it's making my brain shrink.

Eater of Clowns

Paes, I am having serious fun with your Necronomicoin idea. Awesome fun. Thanks for putting it out there.   :)
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: UNREGISTERED SHARPIE USER on March 19, 2014, 03:26:09 AM
Damnit I had 12.8g/.0559mol written down, that ended kinda close maybe I had a definition problem

Yeah, that should have been close enough. Blame it on a brain fart!

Pæs

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on March 19, 2014, 03:34:51 AM
Paes, I am having serious fun with your Necronomicoin idea. Awesome fun. Thanks for putting it out there.   :)
No worries. I feel like I read the word somewhere a couple weeks ago and just remembered to throw it out there. Loving what you're doing with it.

Cain

LMNO

Well, I've taken one more step towards office-drone-hood:  I'm going to participate in a March Madness bracket.

Mind you, I know nothing about basketball.

So, it's gonna be coin flips, all the way down.

CAN HE DO BETTER THAN THE STATISTICAL AVERAGE!?