News:

Discordianism:  It is some kind of a communist sect.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: 50 Shades of Chronic Liver Disease

Started by East Coast Hustle, March 13, 2014, 10:34:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junkenstein

The fuck?

Are you requesting a fucking refund? I think everyone did their critique of Nate Silver when it was, you know, relevant.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

I'm not complaining.  It's a methods and sources class, and it makes my assignment easy as hell.  That's useful, given I have an interview later this week, another assignment for Monday, and my original research project lurking in the background.

Half an hour of watching him twaffling on TED, writing his flaws down in Word and then making a powerpoint presentation just means more time to spend on other things.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2014, 05:44:17 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 23, 2014, 05:54:56 AM
Quote from: Nigel on March 23, 2014, 05:28:21 AM
I just had a moment of anxiety because it's like 11:30, and then I remembered that it's Spring Break and who cares? I can do what I want! Woohoo@!!!1

Staying up all night, sleeping on flight.

Kinda feel like that  encapsulates  everthing

It worked. I slept 2 hours on the flight, then at home from 2PM-4PM, then went to bed at 9:30 PM and woke up at the normal time.  I'll be wiped out by the time I get home, of course.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

It was good to see all of you on Saturday.  Sorry it couldn't have been gayer.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on March 24, 2014, 02:58:04 PM
It was good to see all of you on Saturday.  Sorry it couldn't have been gayer.

I had a blast. I laughed so much that my ribs cramped.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Worth noting to the rest of the board:

Twid and Villager have a Holy Quest™.  They have to break the Norway Metal Barrier.  The scale of metal, you see, runs from "Fred Rogers" (No metal at all), to "Norway" (all known metal).  Anarchangel must break the NMB or face doom.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Suu on March 23, 2014, 11:11:55 PM
Quote from: Nigel on March 22, 2014, 05:01:24 PM
Quote from: Sir Squid Diddimus on March 22, 2014, 06:27:21 AM
Quote from: The Suu on March 21, 2014, 08:02:16 PM
My hospital just called to tell me that the antibiotics are going to fuck with the effectiveness of my birth control.  :lulz:

*sings*
"it's getting better...all the tiiiiiime!"

Hold on. You didn't already know this?
It's in the instructions that come with your birth control, and usually somewhere in the thing that comes with your antibiotics.
Do never sex on pill alone with antibiotics!
This is a thing! Always.

What Squiddy said.

Oh, I've known it for a while, but the fact that the hospital called me AFTER the fact was funny, oh, and that the pharmacist didn't say a damn thing despite I refilled my BC scrip at the same time. I'm surrounded by fucking stupid.

Or maybe, y'know, the "have you taken this medication before" plus assuming that a 30-year-old woman knows how to read

which, I realize, is a tall order.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on March 24, 2014, 09:27:34 AM
I think my degree has run out of real work for us to do.  My assignment for next week is, essentially, "critique Nate Silver".  :sad:

:lulz:

My accountant's assignment for this week is "Watch a Humphrey Bogart movie and write about it."

Also, his term paper, I shit you not: "on hegemonic masculinity in reference to Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me."
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

QuoteThe stupid is coming from INSIDE THE HOUSE

The Good Reverend Roger

LMNO

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 24, 2014, 03:09:31 PM

Twid and Villager have a Holy Quest™.  They have to break the Norway Metal Barrier.  The scale of metal, you see, runs from "Fred Rogers" (No metal at all), to "Norway" (all known metal).  Anarchangel must break the NMB or face doom.

Please note I am happy to lend whatever engineering skills I posess to make this happen.

Also, we developed the "Homeopathing Principle of Ninjas" -- Namely, the more ninjas there are, the easier it is to kill them all.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on March 24, 2014, 04:48:10 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 24, 2014, 03:09:31 PM

Please note I am happy to lend whatever engineering skills I posess to make this happen.

Also, we developed the "Homeopathing Principle of Ninjas" -- Namely, the more ninjas there are, the easier it is to kill them all.

Yep.  If there's one ninja in the movie, he's an unkillable death machine.  If there's 50, the hero shoots them down like Kent State.

Suu

Holy shit. I'm married by the power vested in the state of New Hampshire.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cain

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2014, 03:47:41 PM
Quote from: Cain on March 24, 2014, 09:27:34 AM
I think my degree has run out of real work for us to do.  My assignment for next week is, essentially, "critique Nate Silver".  :sad:

My accountant's assignment for this week is "Watch a Humphrey Bogart movie and write about it."

Also, his term paper, I shit you not: "on hegemonic masculinity in reference to Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me."

Those at least sound like fun.

Mine is watching this http://www.ted.com/talks/nate_silver_on_race_and_politics

LMNO