News:

if the thee off of you are revel in the fact you ds a discordant suck it's dick and praise it's agenda? guess what bit-chit's not. hat I in fact . do you really think it'd theshare about shit, hen you should indeed tare-take if the frontage that you're into. do you really think it's the hardcore shite of the left thy t? you're little f/cking girls parackind abbot in tituts. FUCK YOU. you're latecomers, and you 're folks who don't f/cking get it. plez challenge me.

Main Menu

I Don't Know How to do This

Started by Cuddlefish, April 01, 2014, 03:11:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cuddlefish

Dog's getting put down tomorrow. How to stop feeling?
A fisher of men, or a manner of fish?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cuddlefish on April 01, 2014, 03:11:31 AM
Dog's getting put down tomorrow. How to stop feeling?

You go get another dog.  Seriously.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nephew Twiddleton

Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Reginald Ret

My condolences.
Don't stop feeling, experience it to its fullest.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Junkenstein

No advice, just commiserations. Sorry to hear that.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cuddlefish

This is a little embarrassing, I wasn't of clear mind when I made this topic, and by my observations, when people post as such things sometimes end up going really bad.

That said, I appreciate the support. It was my first dog, so I have no experiences to use to really deal with it. I'm surprised at the persistence of the ensuing sadness, it often overtakes me at inopportune times. I mean, I've known people that have died, and this really is overwhelming in comparison to most of those instances. 

It's kind of funny. I was looking for information on how to cope with this because, as I mentioned, it was overwhelming. I came across the standard "stages of grief" and I realized that I was, indeed, experiencing something similar. However, I seem to be cycling through the stages repeatedly and rapidly. I found that a little odd, and I wonder if any one else does the same thing...

Anyway, any advice is welcome. It's strange and amazing how we can form such strong bonds with animals.
A fisher of men, or a manner of fish?

Richter

Shit guy.  :sad:  It's not easy, especially with dogs.  Feeling bad for the loss of a companion like that is human.  Drop a line if you need to chat or just shoot the shit to keep your brain off stuff. 
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cuddlefish on April 01, 2014, 05:39:06 PM
This is a little embarrassing, I wasn't of clear mind when I made this topic, and by my observations, when people post as such things sometimes end up going really bad.

That said, I appreciate the support. It was my first dog, so I have no experiences to use to really deal with it. I'm surprised at the persistence of the ensuing sadness, it often overtakes me at inopportune times. I mean, I've known people that have died, and this really is overwhelming in comparison to most of those instances. 

It's kind of funny. I was looking for information on how to cope with this because, as I mentioned, it was overwhelming. I came across the standard "stages of grief" and I realized that I was, indeed, experiencing something similar. However, I seem to be cycling through the stages repeatedly and rapidly. I found that a little odd, and I wonder if any one else does the same thing...

Anyway, any advice is welcome. It's strange and amazing how we can form such strong bonds with animals.

Emotionally, losing a beloved dog or other close companion animal is closer to losing a child or very close friend than almost any other loss, so it really isn't surprising how difficult this is on you.

It's completely normal to cycle through the stages of loss and also to experience them totally out of sequence; in general, as time passes you will stay more in one of them for a while (say, in the beginning you may spend more time in denial while experiencing some time in the other stages as well) until, eventually, generally, you get to a point where you spend more time in acceptance with only occasional twinges of bargaining, denial, etc.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."