Testimonial: "Yeah, wasn't expecting it. Near shat myself."

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: I see you've come to PD. I too like to live dangerously

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, April 28, 2014, 08:58:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trippinprincezz13

Quote from: trippinprincezz13
Quote from: All-Father Nigel on May 23, 2014, 06:40:07 PM

On the other end of the spectrum, my boyfriend's grandfather decided to stop dialysis and come home to be with his wife. So now, it's not a matter of if, but when he will pass, and it will be in a pretty short timeframe. And it's just awful. It's understandable why he made the decision, but just really, really sad.

Ugh, that just happened with my friend's wife's mom. She passed away on Monday; it only took a week off dialysis. I'm sorry to hear that. :(

Sorry to hear that. It is not a pleasant way to go. He passed away early this morning.  Just about a week and a half off of dialysis. He was a really strong influence in the lives of my boyfriend and his brothers, and I could tell loved all of his children and grandchildren. Always treated me like family in the almost 9 years I've known him. I know there is some comfort in the fact that he's no longer in pain, but it's still awful.
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

trippinprincezz13

Quote from: All-Father Nigel on May 25, 2014, 06:09:30 PM
The neighbors had a house party last night with an outdoor band, which I at first thought was a Pearl Jam cover band due to multiple aborted attempts to play Pearl Jam songs, but they have revealed themselves to actually be a 90's alt rock cover band with a terrible singer. The rest of the band really wasn't that bad, but the singer. He was a special kind of painful. He couldn't sing in key, and his microphone distance was inconsistent to say the least. I couldn't stop laughing while he was butchering "Creep", complete with a horrific attempt at epic wailing.   

I started off being fairly cranky about it, but it eventually became the most hilarious thing ever. The part where they tried to get the crowd to sing along with Possum Kingdom cracked me up. Also when they covered "Zombie" by The Cranberries.

My favorite part might have been the butchering of "Teenage Dirtbag", though.   

Unfortunately, it all happened when I was trying to work on my entropy homework so now I'm kind of behind. It's surprisingly difficult to do math when you're being blasted by terrible music.

This made me a laugh quite a bit, except for the part where they were detracting from your homework. That, and similar unwelcomed noises, are very frustrating when trying to focus on something.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

trippinprincezz13

Quote from: Cain on May 26, 2014, 08:21:17 AM
Roger gives up on cooking.

"Funny River Fire" occurs.  Coincidence?  I think not.

:lulz:

And congrats on the Junior Fellowship. I'm sure the whole unpaid part isn't terribly exciting, but hopefully should do some good resume-wise and delving more into the field.

trippinprincezz13

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 27, 2014, 03:47:45 PM
Quote from: All-Father Nigel on May 27, 2014, 03:46:16 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 27, 2014, 03:26:56 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on May 27, 2014, 03:19:24 PM
LEAVE THE MOTORCYCLE AT HOME.

Renting something with too much engine and no top.

It's either that or rent an air compressor.  This is the weirdest, if not necessarily worst thing that's happened to me in 5 years, at least.  Let's just say that the ship has a pronounced list to starboard, but everyone's still listening to the dance band.

Wat

:eek:

Hope everything's OK.

No, it isn't.  It's fucked.  Not sure if that's bad or not.  It's just, well, fucked.

I have the horrors.  This ain't hyperbole.

I can't even begin to imagine, but I'm sorry and hope that everything clears up

minuspace

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 27, 2014, 03:47:45 PM
Quote from: All-Father Nigel on May 27, 2014, 03:46:16 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 27, 2014, 03:26:56 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on May 27, 2014, 03:19:24 PM
LEAVE THE MOTORCYCLE AT HOME.

Renting something with too much engine and no top.

It's either that or rent an air compressor.  This is the weirdest, if not necessarily worst thing that's happened to me in 5 years, at least.  Let's just say that the ship has a pronounced list to starboard, but everyone's still listening to the dance band.

Wat

:eek:

Hope everything's OK.

No, it isn't.  It's fucked.  Not sure if that's bad or not.  It's just, well, fucked.

I have the horrors.  This ain't hyperbole.
I send my support and try to make better by telling the DJ to play Wu-Tang
QuoteClan in the front, let your feet stomp
/\/iggas on the left, rag shit to death
Hoods on the right, wild for the night

I hope it's mainly white people on board?

minuspace

Quote from: Cain on May 26, 2014, 10:19:55 AM
In other news, I've been made a Junior Fellow...which is a fancy way of saying "unpaid researcher"...with the think tank I was applying to.  Yay.  It'll look good on the CV at least, and snag me potential contacts for once this course is over.

Felicitations and congratulations, Sir.  Looks like they know a good catch when they see one.  Now, can I "borrow" your lexis account for a sec :lulz:

Reginald Ret

Order a new PC. Yay!
It arrived. Yay!
won't boot, keeps powering down. Boo!
Turns out my fancy new RAM (8GB DDR3 1600 from Geil) has timing issues with my specific motherboard (MSI B75A-G43) so that won't work. Boo!
Tried a friend's RAM and that does work.
The next step would be to update the BIOS hoping they fixed the timing issue but my friend needed his RAM back.

Oh well, I always wanted to own a 600 euro paperweight and now i do for a while!
I'm sooo decadent.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

minuspace

I think I have some extra ram tacked to the post - 1 GB DDR3 - I think I have two of them -  Don't think I need them...  (I also have an expensive paperweight project...)

[I was about t say yours with postage till I realized euro...  Pointless perhaps, or PM]

Reginald Ret

Quote from: LuciferX on May 27, 2014, 08:57:40 PM
I think I have some extra ram tacked to the post - 1 GB DDR3 - I think I have two of them -  Don't think I need them...  (I also have an expensive paperweight project...)

[I was about t say yours with postage till I realized euro...  Pointless perhaps, or PM]
Aww thanks, but there are still a few things we can try. And otherwise I will be sending this one back and demanding a different one.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Pæs

Nephew Twiddleton

I now understand how women feel.

If you know that I have a significant other of any gender, admission of bisexuality doesn't excuse you to ask me for a cock pic.

I can't believe I have to explain, by analogy with me making unwanted advances with his sister, why that request is completely unacceptable. I'm not here for your wank material. And if you've already said earlier in the night "sorry, didn't mean to offend" maybe you should fucking stop that line of conversation. It really didn't occur to him until I said "if I had not admitted to bisexuality, would you still talk to me like that" and "Ok, so I know you have a sister, and she's probably heterosexual. How would you like to rearrange my face if I talked to her like you did." Why does this need explanation? I'm not sexually available because I'm attracted to men. I have a girlfriend. Even if it was a boyfriend, still not fucking ok.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: trippinprincezz13 on May 27, 2014, 06:21:49 PM
Quote from: All-Father Nigel on May 25, 2014, 06:09:30 PM
The neighbors had a house party last night with an outdoor band, which I at first thought was a Pearl Jam cover band due to multiple aborted attempts to play Pearl Jam songs, but they have revealed themselves to actually be a 90's alt rock cover band with a terrible singer. The rest of the band really wasn't that bad, but the singer. He was a special kind of painful. He couldn't sing in key, and his microphone distance was inconsistent to say the least. I couldn't stop laughing while he was butchering "Creep", complete with a horrific attempt at epic wailing.   

I started off being fairly cranky about it, but it eventually became the most hilarious thing ever. The part where they tried to get the crowd to sing along with Possum Kingdom cracked me up. Also when they covered "Zombie" by The Cranberries.

My favorite part might have been the butchering of "Teenage Dirtbag", though.   

Unfortunately, it all happened when I was trying to work on my entropy homework so now I'm kind of behind. It's surprisingly difficult to do math when you're being blasted by terrible music.

This made me a laugh quite a bit, except for the part where they were detracting from your homework. That, and similar unwelcomed noises, are very frustrating when trying to focus on something.

Glad it tickled you... I still keep remembering moments from it and chuckling. The cover of "Burn It Up". OMG.

I'm sorry to hear about your guy's dad, that must be so hard on both of you.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I just got home from lab. It went well, and I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. One foot at a time!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Ållnephew Tvýðleþøn on May 28, 2014, 03:29:12 AM

If you know that I have a significant other of any gender, admission of bisexuality doesn't excuse you to ask me for a cock pic.

I can't believe I have to explain, by analogy with me making unwanted advances with his sister, why that request is completely unacceptable. I'm not here for your wank material. And if you've already said earlier in the night "sorry, didn't mean to offend" maybe you should fucking stop that line of conversation. It really didn't occur to him until I said "if I had not admitted to bisexuality, would you still talk to me like that" and "Ok, so I know you have a sister, and she's probably heterosexual. How would you like to rearrange my face if I talked to her like you did." Why does this need explanation? I'm not sexually available because I'm attracted to men. I have a girlfriend. Even if it was a boyfriend, still not fucking ok.

The clueless, self-centered perv contingent really isn't thinking about what's OK with you or what you want. They're only thinking about what THEY want.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: All-Father Nigel on May 28, 2014, 03:34:38 AM
Quote from: Ållnephew Tvýðleþøn on May 28, 2014, 03:29:12 AM

The clueless, self-centered perv contingent really isn't thinking about what's OK with you or what you want. They're only thinking about what THEY want.

I was fucking stunned.

Seriously. Cock pic request. And the conversation was extraordinarily self-centered until I turned it around and asked him how it would feel if I was doing this to someone he loved.

I only came out to him because he came out as gay to me, and he said, "I know you're straight"

Well, actually I'm only kinda straight. And then all down hill from there. Fucking hell.

He even had the nerve to tell me that he wasn't objectifying me, and I said, no, you ARE objectifying me.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS