OPEN BAR: I see you've come to PD. I too like to live dangerously

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, April 28, 2014, 08:58:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 31, 2014, 06:39:31 PM
Quote from: All-Father Nigel on May 31, 2014, 03:27:27 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 31, 2014, 12:34:11 AM
Thanks to Mike's incompetence, I must now spend 3 weeks in July in Dallas.

So my schedule looks something like this:

June 12-14 Portland
July 6-30 Dallas
August 7-14 Houston
September or October, Germany for 6 weeks.
Florida in there somewhere.
Boston again at some point.

You only get 3 days in Portland, and THREE FUCKING WEEKS in Dallas?

Mistake.  Fly in Wednesday night or Thursday morning.  Fly out Sunday.

Cool. I'll be mostly done with school, so I'll be free Thursday and Friday. I have to be in Eugene for the Ford Scholarship banquet on the 14th, unfortunately.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

EK WAFFLR

"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Salty

It looks like I am going to let go of my office.

I could keep trying but it's just too much with no help and no support and fucking idiot tenents.

Just once I would like to meet a professional who does the thing they say they will do or keeps their god damned trap shut.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

minuspace

Quote from: Alty on May 31, 2014, 11:34:23 PM

I could keep trying but it's just too much with no help and no support and fucking idiot tenents.

Just once I would like to meet a professional who does the thing they say they will do or keeps their god damned trap shut.

Sucks.  I was just thinking about how difficult it would be to trust having people work for you when anything of import is at stake.  Either it's someone competent, with the capacity to compromise you, or, they have nothing else going on and therefore relay everything that they do.  Sucks.

minuspace

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 31, 2014, 12:34:11 AM
Thanks to Mike's incompetence, I must now spend 3 weeks in July in Dallas.

So my schedule looks something like this:

June 12-14 Portland
July 6-30 Dallas
August 7-14 Houston
September or October, Germany for 6 weeks.
Florida in there somewhere.
Boston again at some point.

You'll have to let me know when you're in Boston. If it's August or September it'll be hard for me to get loose from the restaurant but if it's later in the fall or sometime in the winter I might actually be able to make it down for a day.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I'm sorry, Alty. :(
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

That sucks man, I am sorry.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

I'm thinking about starting up a new thread for the shit in my head, like I did last summer. I apologize in advance because it probably won't be as nice as that one was.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

minuspace

A neighbour came to the gate of Lord Alty's yard.  The Lord went to meet him outside.

"Would you mind, Lord," the neighbour asked, "lending me your donkey today? I have some goods to transport to the next town."

Alty didn't feel inclined to lend out the animal to that particular man, however. So, not to seem rude, he answered:
"I'm sorry, but I've already lent him to somebody else."

All of a sudden the donkey could be heard braying loudly behind the wall of the yard.

"But Lord," the neighbour exclaimed. "I can hear it behind that wall!"

"Who do you believe," Alty replied indignantly. "The donkey or your Lord?"

minuspace

Quote from: Faust on May 30, 2014, 07:39:20 AM
Quote from: Ållnephew Tvýðleþøn on May 30, 2014, 01:51:45 AM
Quote from: Faust on May 29, 2014, 11:00:26 PM
One week left in Ireland before I'm an immigrant in the UK.

Good luck, sir.

I know it's pretty much as next door as you can get to any country, but how do you feel about it? Where in the UK are you moving to?

It's going to be weird for a while, it will definitely take some getting used to. I'm moving to Essex, the place we are in seems nice but a lot of it seems kind of rough (fake tans everywhere).

Quote from: Junkenstein on May 30, 2014, 07:09:53 AM
Quote from: Faust on May 29, 2014, 11:00:26 PM
One week left in Ireland before I'm an immigrant in the UK.

I give it less than a week before someone bitches to you about immigrants taking UK jobs to you.

Actually, 5 days. You're going down south, right?

South East yeah, I imagine so. The funny thing is I'm still in the same job, just transferring to the UK branch.

Congratulations and felicitations on the new appointment.

Please don't let "the tans" get you down, remember, it's just that they suffer from a deficiency of vitamin D. :lulz:

Cain

Amazingly, I am not universally popular at my new job.  After leaning on a source a little bit, it turns out one person has the opinion that I am "completely fucking useless" and "will never amount to anything" and additionally I'm a "complete failure".

This charming individual has met me exactly one (1) time, which was my first shift, when I was merely shadowing and not doing anything because I didn't have the required training yet.

Needless to say, I am going to escalate this beyond all proportion.  Partly because I don't like cliques which trade in malicious slander and gossip (especially when it's this boring), partly because I don't like being criticised by someone who is, as far as I can tell, objectively worse at the job than myself, and partly because I'm bored of this job anyway, and I don't care about repurcussions.

Ben Shapiro

Quote from: Cain on June 01, 2014, 05:12:27 PM
Amazingly, I am not universally popular at my new job.  After leaning on a source a little bit, it turns out one person has the opinion that I am "completely fucking useless" and "will never amount to anything" and additionally I'm a "complete failure".

This charming individual has met me exactly one (1) time, which was my first shift, when I was merely shadowing and not doing anything because I didn't have the required training yet.

Needless to say, I am going to escalate this beyond all proportion.  Partly because I don't like cliques which trade in malicious slander and gossip (especially when it's this boring), partly because I don't like being criticised by someone who is, as far as I can tell, objectively worse at the job than myself, and partly because I'm bored of this job anyway, and I don't care about repurcussions.

Chocolax in their tea.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on June 01, 2014, 05:12:27 PM

DESTROY THEM.