News:

So essentially, the enemy of my enemy is not my friend, he's just another moronic, entitled turd in the bucket.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Funnier Than White People Practicing Voodoo

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, June 09, 2014, 03:18:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on June 17, 2014, 05:13:16 AM
Quote from: Pæs on June 17, 2014, 03:36:25 AM
Xpost from Faceblog:
Somewhat difficult to imagine a scenario in which supervising the collection of rubbish from the apartment might go worse than it just did, while still resulting in the rubbish going away.
Smashed glass in lift foyer, left behind by removal guy. Furniture we included in quote not accounted for in space considerations so kicked to pieces in the main foyer to fit into the van. Horrified body corporate representatives onlooking for some of this. Figured best to let them finish the job rather than tell them to get lost with lift still full of trash.
So, um, if no angry emails are forthcoming I am going to pretend that none of that ever happened.

I can't actually figure out what happened by reading that post, other than that it was weird and surreal and resulted in significant destruction.

So the elevator is filled with glass and they kicked furniture into pieces in the foyer because they didn't bring a big enough van/start with the big shit first?

Gee. I want the number for those guys. They sound like they used to work for the mob.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Pæs

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on June 17, 2014, 05:38:54 AM
Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on June 17, 2014, 05:13:16 AM
Quote from: Pæs on June 17, 2014, 03:36:25 AM
Xpost from Faceblog:
Somewhat difficult to imagine a scenario in which supervising the collection of rubbish from the apartment might go worse than it just did, while still resulting in the rubbish going away.
Smashed glass in lift foyer, left behind by removal guy. Furniture we included in quote not accounted for in space considerations so kicked to pieces in the main foyer to fit into the van. Horrified body corporate representatives onlooking for some of this. Figured best to let them finish the job rather than tell them to get lost with lift still full of trash.
So, um, if no angry emails are forthcoming I am going to pretend that none of that ever happened.

I can't actually figure out what happened by reading that post, other than that it was weird and surreal and resulted in significant destruction.

So the elevator is filled with glass and they kicked furniture into pieces in the foyer because they didn't bring a big enough van/start with the big shit first?

Gee. I want the number for those guys. They sound like they used to work for the mob.
Yeah.

minuspace

QuoteHorrified body corporate representatives onlooking for some of this.
:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

Cain

Heh.  I think I've fallen back into the good old days.  And by that, I mean I'm working for a three-letter agency cut-out.  I'm pretty sure no-one else in the private sector, aside from cutting edge scientific research labs, require quite so many non-disclosure agreements, especially regarding "privileged information", "sensitive documentation" and "confidential briefings".

It would also explain why the latter part of my interview sounded like a rip-off from a certain three-letter agency's own interview questions several years ago.  And why I cannot find out who is funding this venture.  Happy days are here again...

EK WAFFLR

Thanks, guys.

I hate that I get so damn full of anxiety and paranoia by all this disease. I'm nearing the age my mother was when she got cancer, and my father was when he got diagnosed, so I'm shit scared of getting it myself.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Cain

Sorry to hear about all that, Waffles.

The only useful advice I can give is grow as large as a whale, so your cancers get cancer and they die off.  It's the only way to be sure.

Junkenstein

Quote from: Cain on June 17, 2014, 03:19:13 PM
Heh.  I think I've fallen back into the good old days.  And by that, I mean I'm working for a three-letter agency cut-out.  I'm pretty sure no-one else in the private sector, aside from cutting edge scientific research labs, require quite so many non-disclosure agreements, especially regarding "privileged information", "sensitive documentation" and "confidential briefings".

It would also explain why the latter part of my interview sounded like a rip-off from a certain three-letter agency's own interview questions several years ago.  And why I cannot find out who is funding this venture.  Happy days are here again...

Congratulations. Assuming you're allowed to receive them and this isn't now some kind of bribe.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Suu

I've decided I wanted to try running again for the first time since I was a teenager. Caveat being that I hate running, but I feel that it can be the best way to get myself back where I need to be fitness-wise. I ran it by the doctor last week, and he said I should be fine as long as I take it slow, do a couch-to-5k plan, eat well and remember to use the 3 albuterol inhalers he gave me instead of thinking I can just rock this like I used to. Just no more cardio than 3x a week so my body can re-adjust safely. I also need to remember that this isn't Florida. Even the flat parts of New England aren't arguably flat, and I'm in the least flat of them all. Fortunately, my complex is pretty big and well maintained. I see people jogging all the time so I should be okay.

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Ben Shapiro

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on June 17, 2014, 05:11:28 AM
Quote from: George Edger Dingleburry on June 17, 2014, 01:45:46 AM
So I no longer have a Lean Body Mass of 240lbs (No fat) I now have 225lbs.
FUCK YOU CARDIO FUCK YOU! Using the measuring tape test. Time to lift heavy, and eat the bare minimum 1800 to shred this un-needed body fat.

I like your new profile pic though.

Here or FB?

LMNO

Game of Thrones finale last Sunday.

I'm pissed Lady Stoneheart didn't show up, and I'm really pissed they took away Shae's backstory.  I loved that twist.

Suu

Well, I just did it. I started Couch-to-5k.

I didn't die, but my thighs just went NOPE when I came up stairs. So yeah, this is gonna take some time.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: George Edger Dingleburry on June 17, 2014, 05:14:30 PM
Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on June 17, 2014, 05:11:28 AM
Quote from: George Edger Dingleburry on June 17, 2014, 01:45:46 AM
So I no longer have a Lean Body Mass of 240lbs (No fat) I now have 225lbs.
FUCK YOU CARDIO FUCK YOU! Using the measuring tape test. Time to lift heavy, and eat the bare minimum 1800 to shred this un-needed body fat.

I like your new profile pic though.

Here or FB?

Here.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Congratulations, Cain, it's about time! You deserve it.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Congrats, Cain. :)
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Nephew Twiddleton

Hi five!
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS