Previous topic - Next topic

Reginald Ret

Quote from: LuciferX on June 12, 2014, 09:18:17 PM
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on June 12, 2014, 07:52:27 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 12, 2014, 06:35:10 PM
Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on June 12, 2014, 05:25:54 PM
Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on June 12, 2014, 06:26:14 AM
Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on June 12, 2014, 05:46:57 AM
Unrelated, but is it  just me, or does it look like there's a guy in blue pants standing behind me in my avatar? It's kind of creeping me out.

You mean there wasn't someone standing behind you? I thought there was, all this time.

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on June 12, 2014, 12:17:36 PM

There's something in blue pants standing behind you in your avatar.

Well, that's fucking weird.

Marrowman.

:horrormirth:

No, no, no...  The Marrowman is Nigel's Sex-Slave.  Poor guy.  :lulz:
:lol:
Even The Marrowman has Nigel's dick in his ass.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

minuspace

Quote from: Regret on June 12, 2014, 11:39:04 PM
Quote from: LuciferX on June 12, 2014, 09:18:17 PM
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on June 12, 2014, 07:52:27 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 12, 2014, 06:35:10 PM
Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on June 12, 2014, 05:25:54 PM
Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on June 12, 2014, 06:26:14 AM
Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on June 12, 2014, 05:46:57 AM
Unrelated, but is it  just me, or does it look like there's a guy in blue pants standing behind me in my avatar? It's kind of creeping me out.

You mean there wasn't someone standing behind you? I thought there was, all this time.

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on June 12, 2014, 12:17:36 PM

There's something in blue pants standing behind you in your avatar.

Well, that's fucking weird.

Marrowman.

:horrormirth:

No, no, no...  The Marrowman is Nigel's Sex-Slave.  Poor guy.  :lulz:
:lol:
Even The Marrowman has Nigel's dick in his ass.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Somehow, I got an A in chemistry. I'm actually kind of stunned by this, because I know the score I got on the second midterm and the only way I could have gotten an A is if I got an improbably high score on the ACS. Even that's a stretch. I know I got 100% on all but one lab so maybe the labs were weighted more heavily than I thought they were.

Yay, chemistry! Thank you for being FUCKING OVER.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I am seriously so so so excited about summer. SUMMER!!! It's HERE NOW! I have zero dollars in my bank account, and I can't even make myself care that much because SUMMER.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on June 13, 2014, 07:27:50 AM
Somehow, I got an A in chemistry. I'm actually kind of stunned by this, because I know the score I got on the second midterm and the only way I could have gotten an A is if I got an improbably high score on the ACS. Even that's a stretch. I know I got 100% on all but one lab so maybe the labs were weighted more heavily than I thought they were.

You make it look easy!

The Good Reverend Roger

:)
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Suu

I think the ark just went by.

RAIN GOD, WHAT HAVE I DONE TO THEE?
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

trippinprincezz13

Quote from: P3nT4gR4m on June 12, 2014, 07:55:26 PM
Quote from: trippinprincezz13 on June 12, 2014, 07:01:42 PM
Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on June 12, 2014, 05:35:10 PM
Trippin', your mom sounds like an insecure manipulative toxic person and I'm sorry both that she's interfered with your father's relationship with your half-siblings and that she's trying to use you as a tool to generate more misery and drama.

I'm seeing this more and more and I hate it because I see the good in her too. But it's not like it hasn't been turned in my direction before, even if not often. I just really don't get it. Like I said it leaves a real bad taste in my mouth. I need to put my foot down on the negativity. I can't, and don't want to, deal with this shit.

I grew up in the middle of a bitter divorce. My parents couldn't help themselves. Me and my kid sister were used as weapons constantly.  It's not fair and it sucks but it's not really their fault. Butthurt causes rage and irrationality. Doesn't make them bad people. Only weak.

True, I know emotions, especially in situations like divorce, can often tend to override the ability to reason or attempt to do what's best for what's all involved. See all kinds of divorces that come through the office I work in, with and without kids, from the "let's just get this done" to almost 10 years after the divorce and can still barely find it in them to act civil for the benefit of the kids, and at least one of the kids is pretty screwed up because of it. I was barely alive at the time my dad and his ex got divorced, so really can't make any judgment calls on it (although ideally it should be up to the adult to reach out to the kids, etc.).

What gets me now, is almost 30 years later, no longer "heat of the moment", my mom going behind my dad's back and spreading a letter from one of his kids, which should be none of my or my siblings' business, to show how she, and to an extent, my dad, is being slighted by what, to me, sound like one of his sons lamenting not having a closer relationship with his father (or his son having a relationship w/ his grandfather), explaining where some of his anger and bitterness is coming from. If my dad decided to bring this letter up to us, say why something was or wasn't true, or how HE felt about it, etc., I would feel a bit differently about the situation.
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

trippinprincezz13

Yay congrats! Isn't OVER and DONE just the best feeling (or at least in cases like this)?

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on June 13, 2014, 07:29:05 AM
I am seriously so so so excited about summer. SUMMER!!! It's HERE NOW! I have zero dollars in my bank account, and I can't even make myself care that much because SUMMER.

Yes, I have been dying for summer to happen. Now if only the summer weather would get the hint and arrive.

/obligatory New Englander whining
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on June 13, 2014, 12:16:19 PM

You make it look easy!

:lol: That has to be sarcasm.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: trippinprincezz13 on June 13, 2014, 03:34:13 PM
Quote from: P3nT4gR4m on June 12, 2014, 07:55:26 PM
Quote from: trippinprincezz13 on June 12, 2014, 07:01:42 PM
Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on June 12, 2014, 05:35:10 PM
Trippin', your mom sounds like an insecure manipulative toxic person and I'm sorry both that she's interfered with your father's relationship with your half-siblings and that she's trying to use you as a tool to generate more misery and drama.

I'm seeing this more and more and I hate it because I see the good in her too. But it's not like it hasn't been turned in my direction before, even if not often. I just really don't get it. Like I said it leaves a real bad taste in my mouth. I need to put my foot down on the negativity. I can't, and don't want to, deal with this shit.

I grew up in the middle of a bitter divorce. My parents couldn't help themselves. Me and my kid sister were used as weapons constantly.  It's not fair and it sucks but it's not really their fault. Butthurt causes rage and irrationality. Doesn't make them bad people. Only weak.

True, I know emotions, especially in situations like divorce, can often tend to override the ability to reason or attempt to do what's best for what's all involved. See all kinds of divorces that come through the office I work in, with and without kids, from the "let's just get this done" to almost 10 years after the divorce and can still barely find it in them to act civil for the benefit of the kids, and at least one of the kids is pretty screwed up because of it. I was barely alive at the time my dad and his ex got divorced, so really can't make any judgment calls on it (although ideally it should be up to the adult to reach out to the kids, etc.).

What gets me now, is almost 30 years later, no longer "heat of the moment", my mom going behind my dad's back and spreading a letter from one of his kids, which should be none of my or my siblings' business, to show how she, and to an extent, my dad, is being slighted by what, to me, sound like one of his sons lamenting not having a closer relationship with his father (or his son having a relationship w/ his grandfather), explaining where some of his anger and bitterness is coming from. If my dad decided to bring this letter up to us, say why something was or wasn't true, or how HE felt about it, etc., I would feel a bit differently about the situation.

Yeah, it kind of just seems like shit-stirring. And maybe a touch of trying to assuage her own sense of culpability for their distance by trying to make your brother look like the asshole.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: trippinprincezz13 on June 13, 2014, 04:21:36 PM

Yay congrats! Isn't OVER and DONE just the best feeling (or at least in cases like this)?

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on June 13, 2014, 07:29:05 AM

Yes, I have been dying for summer to happen. Now if only the summer weather would get the hint and arrive.

/obligatory New Englander whining

YES.  To all of the above!

The sun has been coming out at intervals here, which is all I can really ask of this time of year.

Cain

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on June 12, 2014, 05:29:03 PM
Quote from: Cain on June 12, 2014, 03:02:01 PM
Some wit has taken the email "Jacobinghazi" and set up this image gallery, in response to the twitter storm/rape/bro debacle I mentioned before

http://imgur.com/a/nUX1A

:lulz: Wow.

It's such a bizarre drama.  I can understand Kendzior being upset at being included in the article, even in a minor way, and removing that and apologising was the correct move (even though when you post things in public there is no expectation of privacy, there are special considerations in regards to individuals and rape threats).

But I cannot understand how she so magnificently misreads every statement she comes across that is not uncritical support.  It's truly amazing.  Matt Bruenig, who has had past run-ins with her, suggests this is a defining character trait with some supporting evidence.

But I'm not entirely sure.  Kendzior has an interesting background, namely involvement with the noxious cesspool of Central Asian area studies, and with Joshua Foust and Nathan Hamm in particular.  The other two have a history of shilling for the DoD and dodgy Central Asian dictatorships, with a sideline in Neocon supportive nuttery.

It is just coincidence that Kendzior stoked this drama at the time when, as Jacobinghazi points out, there are lots of bored academics on Twitter?  That it took aim at Slate and Jacobin, probably the furthest left "legitimate" media companies in the USA?  That Foust was instrumental in spreading the lie that those publications were making rape threats to Kendzior (and just where did he get that idea, by the way?  Bruenig asks, but has no firm conclusions).

It could just be willful misreading and heel-digging.  But I dunno.  Something smells funny, though that could just be the corpses of political dissidents Foust et al climbed over to forge their media credentials.

Cain

It's also causing me to seriously reevaluate how useful David Graeber's work is, as he continues to engage in an uncritical defence of Kendzior in spite of all the subsequent facts that have come to light. 

LMNO

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on June 13, 2014, 04:36:51 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on June 13, 2014, 12:16:19 PM

You make it look easy!

:lol: That has to be sarcasm.

All i know is that you just need to freak out, take endless midterms, and then be pleasantly surprised when you get a good grade.