News:

Today, for a brief second, I thought of a life without Roger. It was much like my current life, except that this forum was a bit nicer.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Funnier Than White People Practicing Voodoo

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, June 09, 2014, 03:18:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Q. G. Pennyworth

I'm gonna be in the gay people parade! I made some flyers for the people I'm marching with, and I'm gonna print some Strange Times and maybe some Do It copies too. Any other suggestions? I have an hour before I need to book it.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on June 14, 2014, 11:46:17 AM
I'm gonna be in the gay people parade! I made some flyers for the people I'm marching with, and I'm gonna print some Strange Times and maybe some Do It copies too. Any other suggestions? I have an hour before I need to book it.

Nice! Have fun!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Quote from: Alty on June 13, 2014, 11:30:59 PM
I am starting to level out, I think. Still with the mood swings, but they are less violent. Especially when I remember that me and other humans do not mix well. Best to keep distance.

Been studing anatomy and physiology with free time and reading about the Renessaince. Someday I may even have something worthwhile to say.

Leveling out is good.  :)
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Chelagoras The Boulder

Been in one of my sadsack moods lately. I busted up my leg, had my car break down and caught a sinus infection all in the same week and now i cant seem to motivate myself to do much in the way of being useful, and I also can't seem to let myself enjoy hanging around my parents house with all this free time, so i've kinda isolated myself in my room and to a greater extent inside my own head.
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

minuspace

Quote from: Chelagoras The Lust-Driven Dickwolf on June 14, 2014, 07:07:30 PM
Been in one of my sadsack moods lately. I busted up my leg, had my car break down and caught a sinus infection all in the same week and now i cant seem to motivate myself to do much in the way of being useful, and I also can't seem to let myself enjoy hanging around my parents house with all this free time, so i've kinda isolated myself in my room and to a greater extent inside my own head.

Here's something to chew on: The acoustic emissions of cavitation bubbles in stretched vortices
QuotePairs of unequal strength, counter-rotating vortices were produced in order to examine the inception, dynamics, and acoustic emission of cavitation bubbles in rapidly stretching vortices. The acoustic signatures of these cavitation bubbles were characterized during their inception, growth, and collapse. Growing and collapsing bubbles often produced a sharp, broadband, pop sound. The spectrum of these bubbles, and the peak resonant frequency can generally be related to quiescent flow bubble dynamics and corresponding resonant frequencies. However, some elongated cavitation bubbles produced a short tonal burst, or chirp, with frequencies on the order of a few kilohertz. Theses frequencies are too low to be related to resonant frequencies of a bubble in a quiescent flow. Instead, the frequency content of the acoustic signal during bubble inception and growth is related to the volumetric oscillations of the bubble while it interacted with vortical flow that surrounds the bubble (i.e., the resonant frequency of the vortex-bubble system). A relationship was determined between the observed peak frequency of the oscillations, the highly stretched vortex properties, and the water nuclei content. It was found that different cavitation spectra could relate to different flow and fluid properties and therefore would not scale in the same manner.

V C 2011 Acoustical Society of America. [DOI: 10.1121/1.3626121]
http://deepblue.lib.umich.edu/bitstream/handle/2027.42/98657/JAS003209.pdf

Q. G. Pennyworth

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Sorry you got hit with that all at once, that's rough.

I offer LOLCAT puns to help boost your mood.

Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Chelagoras The Boulder

Quote from: LuciferX on June 14, 2014, 07:52:14 PM
Here's something to chew on: The acoustic emissions of cavitation bubbles in stretched vortices
QuotePairs of unequal strength, counter-rotating vortices were produced in order to examine the inception, dynamics, and acoustic emission of cavitation bubbles in rapidly stretching vortices. The acoustic signatures of these cavitation bubbles were characterized during their inception, growth, and collapse. Growing and collapsing bubbles often produced a sharp, broadband, pop sound. The spectrum of these bubbles, and the peak resonant frequency can generally be related to quiescent flow bubble dynamics and corresponding resonant frequencies. However, some elongated cavitation bubbles produced a short tonal burst, or chirp, with frequencies on the order of a few kilohertz. Theses frequencies are too low to be related to resonant frequencies of a bubble in a quiescent flow. Instead, the frequency content of the acoustic signal during bubble inception and growth is related to the volumetric oscillations of the bubble while it interacted with vortical flow that surrounds the bubble (i.e., the resonant frequency of the vortex-bubble system). A relationship was determined between the observed peak frequency of the oscillations, the highly stretched vortex properties, and the water nuclei content. It was found that different cavitation spectra could relate to different flow and fluid properties and therefore would not scale in the same manner.

V C 2011 Acoustical Society of America. [DOI: 10.1121/1.3626121]
http://deepblue.lib.umich.edu/bitstream/handle/2027.42/98657/JAS003209.pdf

Right, i understood that. WHO SAYS I DIDNT?! :argh!:

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on June 15, 2014, 12:56:36 AM

:lulz: now thats the stuff
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

Cainad (dec.)

Crashed my car. Probably not gonna be worth repairing, so I'm buying my cousin's old car. Have to miss a day of work to hit up the DMV, when I was supposed to be starting a new task at work this week.

Could have been 100x worse, I'm totally fine, etc. But like, god damn it, you know?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cainad (dec.) on June 15, 2014, 02:41:01 AM
Crashed my car. Probably not gonna be worth repairing, so I'm buying my cousin's old car. Have to miss a day of work to hit up the DMV, when I was supposed to be starting a new task at work this week.

Could have been 100x worse, I'm totally fine, etc. But like, god damn it, you know?

Tucson says "HERRO" to both of you geniuses.   :lulz:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Aw, I'm sorry! I hope things start going better soon.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Alty on June 13, 2014, 11:30:59 PM
I am starting to level out, I think. Still with the mood swings, but they are less violent. Especially when I remember that me and other humans do not mix well. Best to keep distance.

Been studing anatomy and physiology with free time and reading about the Renessaince. Someday I may even have something worthwhile to say.

A&P is a good use of time! That shit is HARD. I hope  the mood swings keep evening out.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on June 15, 2014, 12:56:36 AM

:lulz: You oughtta post this in Pussy Shots.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cainad (dec.) on June 15, 2014, 02:41:01 AM

Oh hot geez damn. I'm glad you're not hurt, at least!