Just 'cause this is a Discordian board doesn't mean we eat up dada bullshit

Main Menu

Limited Inge thread: only while stocks last

Started by UB, June 13, 2014, 12:55:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Oh, yeah, there's also akasha or ether.

I swear I'm forgetting one, though.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Sita

I've heard chi used in reference to energy before
:ninja:
Laugh, even if you are screaming inside. Smile, because the world doesn't care if you feel like crying.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Regret on June 19, 2014, 12:09:26 PM
With regards to UB:

Way ahead of you. She came in on the offensive, and now she's following people around on the board who clearly don't want to engage with her, posting in their threads, trying to bait them, and playing the victim. She was given good and sincere advice about cutting the games and being a real person, and has chosen instead to continue the sophomoric role-playing. It's obnoxious and juvenile.

hooplala

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on June 19, 2014, 04:42:13 PM
Quote from: Hoopla on June 19, 2014, 02:51:31 PM
So, you know when woo-woo fanatics casually use the word "energy" to refer to something they can't describe, while not having a very firm grasp on what the scientific definition of "energy" actually is?  Is there a proper word for what they are usually trying to describe?

This is a vague question, I know, but it's difficult to put into words what I am trying to ask.  If anyone thinks they know what I am trying to ask, please feel free to answer me.  If you know the answer.

-Hoopla the Vast, Cool, and Unsympathetic

I swear there's a word for that. I was going to suggest cosmic treacle but then I remembered that I was just ripping that off Brian Cox and that it's a real thing.

Some hippies call it mana. You could also go with phlogiston, because that's funnier.

"Cosmic Treacle". That is an amazing term. I'm going to try to remember that.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

LMNO

hooplala

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Reginald Ret

:oops: That concept is part of my thought-vocabulary... (sophabulary? Yeah that sounds right.)
I will need to do some self reflection. AGAIN.
Sigh, sentience is a sisyphean task.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Reginald Ret

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on June 19, 2014, 04:55:11 PM
With regards to UB:

Way ahead of you. She came in on the offensive, and now she's following people around on the board who clearly don't want to engage with her, posting in their threads, trying to bait them, and playing the victim. She was given good and sincere advice about cutting the games and being a real person, and has chosen instead to continue the sophomoric role-playing. It's obnoxious and juvenile.
You often are.

Oh well, we tried.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

hooplala

Quote from: Regret on June 19, 2014, 08:54:11 PM
:oops: That concept is part of my thought-vocabulary... (sophabulary? Yeah that sounds right.)
I will need to do some self reflection. AGAIN.
Sigh, sentience is a sisyphean task.

What, orgone?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Regret on June 19, 2014, 08:56:32 PM
Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on June 19, 2014, 04:55:11 PM
With regards to UB:

You often are.

Oh well, we tried.

:oops:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Hoopla on June 19, 2014, 04:58:19 PM
Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on June 19, 2014, 04:42:13 PM
Quote from: Hoopla on June 19, 2014, 02:51:31 PM
So, you know when woo-woo fanatics casually use the word "energy" to refer to something they can't describe, while not having a very firm grasp on what the scientific definition of "energy" actually is?  Is there a proper word for what they are usually trying to describe?

This is a vague question, I know, but it's difficult to put into words what I am trying to ask.  If anyone thinks they know what I am trying to ask, please feel free to answer me.  If you know the answer.

-Hoopla the Vast, Cool, and Unsympathetic

I swear there's a word for that. I was going to suggest cosmic treacle but then I remembered that I was just ripping that off Brian Cox and that it's a real thing.

Some hippies call it mana. You could also go with phlogiston, because that's funnier.

"Cosmic Treacle". That is an amazing term. I'm going to try to remember that.

I love it. I don't really understand the Higgs Field, but what little I do grasp is pretty mind-boggling.

UB

With regards to UB:

Appreciative. However, somehow it seems a super sonic power washer for waterboarding would be the flavor of choice for some on board. *dunno*

No one is ahead of you, don't believe such rubbish. It's ebb and flow for us all.

It wasn't too difficult to scare some away and if certain members of the board cannot overcome the obstacle of my entrance, I feel no ill will, and I understand.
Within the grip of Err.... some are fucked in the head by a fist of fire.

Pæs

Can this stuff be banished from my very serious PSA thread and into some wasteland of fail and irrelevance forever?

That is to say, a rare request for thread split please. I believe there is a very fine LIMITED thread for Inge to exist in.