News:

In my heart I knew that rotten testicles and inflamed penises were on the way.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Arguments About Turtles, All the Way Down

Started by Cain, August 09, 2014, 07:29:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

In other more happier news, my cousin is having twin boys. Although I wanted girls, it appears her husband throws Ys instead of Xs. So when she told me on the phone, I was like, "Well, I guess that makes shopping easier."

Husband goes, "Let me talk to cousin-in-law!" So I pass the phone over, she passes the phone over to her husband, and I hear this:

"Boys, eh? Congratulations, now I don't have to buy you a double-barreled Remington. Suu would have killed me anyway, her damn yarn is expensive enough."   :horrormirth:
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on September 05, 2014, 09:31:31 PM
The guy in the black pickup truck that's been honking at me for like two years now happened to be outside along my walk home today and introduced himself as such. He was genuinely surprised that his behavior was unwelcome. SO MUCH HATE.

Yay babies and puppies, boo bad things.

Why the hell would anyone think that honking at a strange woman for two years would be anything but CREEPY???
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

minuspace

Yea, some folks honk going round bends and such, for safety.
Totally unrelated, free retail inventory software is soul-crushingingly boring without all the gratuitous frustrations it is so eager to throw at me.  What fun a malevolent archonic hacker must have had inventing "data entry".

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: LuciferX on September 05, 2014, 10:52:31 PM
Totally unrelated, free retail inventory software is soul-crushingingly boring without all the gratuitous frustrations it is so eager to throw at me.  What fun a malevolent archonic hacker must have had inventing "data entry".

To be clear, said stranger explicitly said he was honking at me, to try to say hi or something. Because he lives in a world where this isn't terrifying for people. There was no miscommunication.

Suu

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on September 05, 2014, 11:02:41 PM
Quote from: LuciferX on September 05, 2014, 10:52:31 PM

To be clear, said stranger explicitly said he was honking at me, to try to say hi or something. Because he lives in a world where this isn't terrifying for people. There was no miscommunication.

I can't even imagine a fantasyland where repeatedly encountering and being honked at by a strange man in a black truck over the course of two years wouldn't be paranoia-inducing at the very least.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Some neighbor's dog two blocks away has been barking incessantly for three hours.

Salty

My Discordia seems to be borked.

I love you horrible fuckers.

See you around, whenever this particular gear starts rolling again.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Salty

The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Alty on September 06, 2014, 04:44:22 AM
My Discordia seems to be borked.

I love you horrible fuckers.

See you around, whenever this particular gear starts rolling again.

Okay.  I hope things work out for you.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Ben Shapiro

Cain

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on September 06, 2014, 04:08:22 AM
Some neighbor's dog two blocks away has been barking incessantly for three hours.

We have that.  Only it lives next door.  Is the sun out?  Barking.  Dawn?  Barking.  Sundown? Barking.  Rain?  Barking.

I've honestly considered a sniper rifle before now.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on September 06, 2014, 06:34:15 AM
Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on September 06, 2014, 04:08:22 AM

We have that.  Only it lives next door.  Is the sun out?  Barking.  Dawn?  Barking.  Sundown? Barking.  Rain?  Barking.

I've honestly considered a sniper rifle before now.

It's the fucking owners. Asshole owners who shouldn't even have a fucking dog because normal dogs can't handle being left alone outside for hours. Here, I think I'll take this HIGHLY SOCIAL ANIMAL that is specially evolved to be highly attached to human beings, and leave it outside alone for hours on end.

Gee, is that a bad idea maybe? Who would have thunk it.