News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "I've always, always regarded the Discordians as being people who chose to be Discordians because they can't be arsed to actually do any work to develop a relationship with a specific deity, they were too wishy-washy to choose just one path, and they just want to be a mishmash of everything and not have to work at learning about rituals or traditions or any such thing as that."

Main Menu

Academia Ghetto Thread

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, September 05, 2014, 05:51:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I don't think he wants to teach and doesn't care.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

hirley0

Quote from: hirley0 on October 29, 2014, 02:00:01 PM
20141029 ad 2246 | target post Time 8:09 pdT = 6am PDt

My SyS gets hacked so much it make .com Most difficult
SO? i'll probbly go back to the day prior to reboot
about ever thirty days | Making it HARD to know
whiTch Bio.ed to look4
8:08 dropped carrier :

20141108 day22OF30 IN REBOOT CYCLE
but i'LL reboot very soon as can no longer post d'AD at EG&B
ENFORCED STUPIDITY has prevailed: logging in is DUMB.

06:09:30 pSt should be about 4:00:something {{ maybe 21 OR 9
well that effort failed.
http://www.erisbarandgrill.com/CHAT/w/index.php {may be working
this post #2 was about 06:19:30 to be 4:10 | { co,prenda' ?

hirley0

5:10:21 hard to believe really. an actual post #FF9080

Suu

I'm watching this Catholic Church BS unfold with Frankie demoting an American cardinal for being a douchenozzle, and all I can think about is, "Oh here we go, I thought the Council of Basel fixed this."

Useless facts brought to you by a history major.  :kingmeh:
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Pet peeve of the day: when I complain about having a really bad lecturer in one of my classes and someone says "Well that class has a reputation for being one of the hardest classes".

No shit? Maybe you can direct me to one of the upper-division molecular biology or neuroscience classes that doesn't have that reputation. Maybe epigenetics or recombinant DNA techniques or neuropharmacology has a reputation for being an easy A.

Which has absolutely fuck-all to do with the fact that this guy couldn't teach his way out of preschool with the alphabet song.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Got an email back from Dr. Crespo. He's going to introduce me to Dr. Fair.

OH MY NERVES.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I registered for classes today! So looking forward to the end of this brutal wretched term. Next term I'm taking genetics, neurophysiology, neuropharmacology, TAing perception, and going to Borneo.

Bonus: I am done with classes before noon every day but Monday and Wednesday. Wednesday's going to be brutal (morning classes 9-11:20, evening class is 5:30-9:20) but it will give me time to go swimming, grade papers, and hold office hours.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I have a cold, it is wretched, and I am supposed to do case studies on 3 natural disasters by Tuesday.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

To be clear, my teammates decided that they wanted to do our term project on disaster recovery, which is a topic that is not of any particular interest to me, so now I have to plod through paper after paper of I don't give a fuck.

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Sexy St. Nigel on November 14, 2014, 10:20:34 PM
To be clear, my teammates decided that they wanted to do our term project on disaster recovery, which is a topic that is not of any particular interest to me, so now I have to plod through paper after paper of I don't give a fuck.
Ouch, good luck. And that on top of a cold.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Reginald Ret (07/05/1983 - 06/11/2014) on November 16, 2014, 11:05:43 PM
Quote from: Sexy St. Nigel on November 14, 2014, 10:20:34 PM
Ouch, good luck. And that on top of a cold.

Yes. Plus the week before my Molecular Bio midterm they decided that we each need to produce case studies on three disasters. So, in between studying for the exam and trying to stay caught up on Ochem, I've been trying to write THREE FUCKING CASE STUDIES.

At least I got to choose my own disasters to do case studies on, so I chose the oyster fisheries collapse due to ocean acidification (current and ongoing), the early warm season that destroyed the Central Valley strawberry industry in Oregon in the early 1980's, and the Dust Bowl.

Good luck translating any of this shit into your disaster relief scenarios, assholes.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I BET YOU WEREN'T THINKING OF AGRICULTURAL DISASTERS, WERE YOU? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Meanwhile, they're all working on Hurricane Katrina, tsunamis, and Chernobyl. THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX MOTHERFUCKERS.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

This is going to make the meeting on Tuesday really awkward.

LMNO

I eagerly await reports of the ensewing meltdown of your team.