News:

I WILL KILL A MOTHERFUCKER.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: Now endorsed by Foodbabe!

Started by Dildo Argentino, October 27, 2014, 12:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Demolition Squid on January 20, 2015, 12:33:55 PM
Damnit Nigel!

Part of my job is adding new contacts to our database. Every time I come across a Nigel I try to put him in as a woman.  :argh!:

:lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

Nephew Twiddleton

Cardiologist shot by son of former patient. Cardiologist in OR, gunman committed suicide. Hospital operations back to normal.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I don't normally internet from class, but she's been going over chi squared for over half an hour. It's the most basic thing in statistics. Seriously. Can you read a formula and find your results in a table? Then you get it, let's move on.

So far this class is wildly dull. Hopefully it warms up.

Oh fuck, looks like we get to spend the rest of the day doing recombination probability.  :roll:

Cain

Ah. chi-squared.  I remember doing that in A level biology (16-18 yo classes in the UK).

I think we spent about 45 minutes on it, and it was just as dull back then.  In fact, the amount of time made it seem vastly more complicated than it actually was, and I thought I was missing something for quite some time.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Oh my god, we're going to spend two lectures on this? Four hours on gene linkage???

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on January 20, 2015, 06:25:13 PM
Ah. chi-squared.  I remember doing that in A level biology (16-18 yo classes in the UK).

I think we spent about 45 minutes on it, and it was just as dull back then.  In fact, the amount of time made it seem vastly more complicated than it actually was, and I thought I was missing something for quite some time.

Yes. So yes. It's just not that complicated.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Nepos twiddletonis on January 20, 2015, 05:58:40 PM
Cardiologist shot by son of former patient. Cardiologist in OR, gunman committed suicide. Hospital operations back to normal.

Creepy!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Unfortunately I think this class is required for premed and nursing students, which means that a lot of these people haven't taken statistics or any biology beyond 101.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 20, 2015, 06:30:26 PM
Quote from: Nepos twiddletonis on January 20, 2015, 05:58:40 PM

Creepy!

It was in a different building than me, but we all got a shelter in place email. I hope the doctor pulls through.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

So we are covering crossing-over at length. Not in a lot of detail, but a lot of length.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

LMNO

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 20, 2015, 06:22:56 PM
I don't normally internet from class, but she's been going over chi squared for over half an hour. It's the most basic thing in statistics.

I never took statistics, so I looked that up on Wikipedia.

I am so not the SGitR.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

In the meantime I am fixating on these ugly boots that are really popular this season. They're brown riding boots with a red zipper up the back, and they evoke imagery of factory workers in China. I don't usually have strong negative feelings about footwear but I hate these.