OPEN BAR: NO CISNORMATIVE ELVEN PATRIARCHS ALLOWED

Started by Cain, January 22, 2015, 08:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on April 20, 2015, 04:02:16 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 20, 2015, 03:53:51 PM
Lillie has decided to launch an investigation into why a prototype didn't work as expected.

A prototype.

:lulz:

One investigation finding is that she's an asshole.

:spittake:

I don't expect to make it through the week, LMNO.  I can't keep a straight face.
Molon Lube

LMNO

You already know this, but if you're going to go out, do it with style.

Faust

Lillie has decided to launch an investigation into why a prototype didn't work as expected.

A prototype.

She doesn't understand the product/market lifecycle? How does she deal with the board or heads, I cant imagine the would take kindly to waste like that.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on April 20, 2015, 04:11:35 PM
You already know this, but if you're going to go out, do it with style.

Can't be too crazy.  The company I'm going to does business with them.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Faust on April 20, 2015, 10:03:46 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on April 20, 2015, 07:44:56 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 20, 2015, 04:43:29 AM
However, the book I've been reading (Hitler's War; The War That Came Early, Harry Turtledove, page 354):

"Staff Sergeant Alistair decided he'd said enough, and leaned back sucking on one of Nigel's fags."

Oh my.

What the hell are your fags doing with the time machine again? you said you would keep them in line after the last incident.

I try, but they're a frisky bunch.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

A prototype.

:lulz: I'm almost sad you aren't sticking around, just for the tales of awful spiraling into disaster.

On the other hand, get the fuck out of there before it explodes.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 20, 2015, 03:22:11 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on April 20, 2015, 07:44:56 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 20, 2015, 04:43:29 AM
However, the book I've been reading (Hitler's War; The War That Came Early, Harry Turtledove, page 354):

"Staff Sergeant Alistair decided he'd said enough, and leaned back sucking on one of Nigel's fags."

Oh my.

I thought we talked about this.

There's only so much a girl can do.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on April 20, 2015, 04:51:56 PM

A prototype.

:lulz: I'm almost sad you aren't sticking around, just for the tales of awful spiraling into disaster.

Investigation so far:  The spiral-wound gasket disintegrated in the system, spewing 304 SS fragments down the system.

I went to the plant standard, and looked up the gasket standard (as my guys had).  The gasket of choice for that application according to the powers that be is a spiral wound gasket.

Lillie is not interested.  A shipment is late because of this, and she thinks that crucifying a technician will save her.  It won't, and I won't be involved in helping.
Molon Lube

Junkenstein

It would seem that lillie is finally going to meet with consequences.

This would be amusing if you were there long enough to report it. I'd guess some poor bastard needs to stay/can't leave and can relay appropriate details as they occur.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 20, 2015, 05:11:11 PM

A prototype.

Investigation so far:  The spiral-wound gasket disintegrated in the system, spewing 304 SS fragments down the system.

I went to the plant standard, and looked up the gasket standard (as my guys had).  The gasket of choice for that application according to the powers that be is a spiral wound gasket.

Lillie is not interested.  A shipment is late because of this, and she thinks that crucifying a technician will save her.  It won't, and I won't be involved in helping.

She has no idea that she's making herself unemployable, does she?

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on April 20, 2015, 05:19:02 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 20, 2015, 05:11:11 PM

A prototype.

She has no idea that she's making herself unemployable, does she?

Here I stand, fascinated.  But it's like going to a circus held in a 55 gallon drum full of human shit.  No matter how funny it is, you don't want to wait around for the grand finale.
Molon Lube

Cain

Goddamn I hate adjusting to normal sleep time.

Doktor Howl

I have officially been told not to properly troubleshoot things, because "you might not be right - right away - and that wastes time", and my new officially-mandated procedure is "do whatever the non-technical people guess during the staff meeting."

I am SOOOOO okay with this.
Molon Lube

Cain

URGH THIS FUCKING PLACE

Apparently asking the cleaners if they cleaned a room where something went missing, is racist.  I just had a very angry email from the head of the cleaning crew, making all sort of wild accusations, that I "immediately" suspected the cleaners etc etc...a whole bunch of bullshit.  Basically, the two other members of staff on duty that day said they knew nothing about it.  The other kid in the cluster of flats knew nothing about it.  Hmm, who to ask next? 

I've just written a very nasty email in reply, and then essentially told him to take all future complaints to my boss, as I give no fucks.  I'm going to sleep on it before sending, but I'm 90% likely to send it.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on April 21, 2015, 02:07:04 AM
URGH THIS FUCKING PLACE

Apparently asking the cleaners if they cleaned a room where something went missing, is racist.  I just had a very angry email from the head of the cleaning crew, making all sort of wild accusations, that I "immediately" suspected the cleaners etc etc...a whole bunch of bullshit.  Basically, the two other members of staff on duty that day said they knew nothing about it.  The other kid in the cluster of flats knew nothing about it.  Hmm, who to ask next? 

I've just written a very nasty email in reply, and then essentially told him to take all future complaints to my boss, as I give no fucks.  I'm going to sleep on it before sending, but I'm 90% likely to send it.

I totally feel ya.
Molon Lube