News:

And if you've misplaced your penis, never fear. This forum is full of dicks.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: Top 10 things millenials hate about OB that we didn't know last week!

Started by Doktor Howl, April 23, 2015, 04:00:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on May 31, 2015, 10:48:43 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on May 31, 2015, 06:39:31 AM
:lol: Very nice.

Also an object lesson: threats work.  I now have a meeting.

Truth be told, I don't really care about the room.  It would be nice to have, but I can live without it.  But the fact they're so dead set on not letting me have it, and not telling me why means I am going to use it to yank their chain all summer long.

Plus I'm interested in seeing exactly how many concessions I can wring out of them so they can protect whatever it is they want to protect.  Lower rent, a guarantee of no neighbour, agreements not to enter the flat without 24 notice...lets see just how badly they want to keep this room free.  Because the alternative is a slam dunk discrimination and fraud suit (they're currently claiming they do not need to give me said room because it is not specified in my contract.  The same contract that completely lies about my job description and duties).

:lulz: Now I'm curious about why the fuck they won't just give you the room.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I finished writing the outline for my presentation, and my professor finally posted three papers that I am supposed to have summarized by tomorrow.

Good times!

Meanwhile, I managed to weed a dozen or so dresses out of my closet, and purchased six more for this spring and summer.

Yep.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I can't  believe I used to be a size five. Some of these dresses are teeny.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on May 31, 2015, 11:37:52 PM

My problem right now is that my shoulders and upper back have increased fairly dramatically in size, while my gut has shrunk.

So a 2XL shirt rides way up, and a 3XL looks like I'm wearing a tent.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 01, 2015, 02:18:42 AM

My problem right now is that my shoulders and upper back have increased fairly dramatically in size, while my gut has shrunk.

Do Big and Tall stores have shirts that are cut for guys who are big but not fat?

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on June 01, 2015, 02:59:24 AM

Do Big and Tall stores have shirts that are cut for guys who are big but not fat?

I haven't seen a big & tall store in 10 years.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 01, 2015, 03:49:57 AM

That means I just referenced a thing of the past, with complete oblivion for the fact that it has vanished from the face of the earth. I am pretty sure that's one of the ten major landmarks of "you're fucking old, lady".   :lol:

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on June 01, 2015, 06:05:54 AM

That means I just referenced a thing of the past, with complete oblivion for the fact that it has vanished from the face of the earth. I am pretty sure that's one of the ten major landmarks of "you're fucking old, lady".   :lol:

I was talking about 8 tracks the other day.  Keelin looked at me like I was talking Greek.
Molon Lube

POFP

I'm actually quite sure it might just be a matter of location, and much less a matter of modernization. I see Big and Tall stores all over the place where I'm at.

But, then again, I do live where everyone is stuck in the past...
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

EK WAFFLR

If big and tall is anything like similar stores in Norway, they don't have anything for big but not fat. Most huge people I know have to get their clothes tailor made. Or wear tank tops and sweats all day.
I'm about to have to throw away all my jeans because my thighs are getting too big, and my jean jackets have become increasingly tight around the chest.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Dubya

My problem right now is that my shoulders and upper back have increased fairly dramatically in size, while my gut has shrunk

You need a 2XLT then. Order a couple  online from  walmart and have em shipped to your local store.
"Gold Medalist of the 2015 David Cameron Memorial Barnyard Olympics."

hooplala

We have a store for short guys in Toronto, which always makes me giggle. It shouldn't, since I'm on the short side of average height, but it does anyway. I'm a dick.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

POFP

Quote from: Hoopla on June 01, 2015, 08:03:13 PM

We have a store for short guys in Toronto, which always makes me giggle. It shouldn't, since I'm on the short side of average height, but it does anyway. I'm a dick.

No fucking way  :lulz:
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

Doktor Howl

"To get the skill set you're bringing, we expected to hire two people.  This will be reflected in the offer we make."

:hammer:

(The interview went VERY well.)
Molon Lube

LMNO