News:

Yeah, fuckface! Get ready to be beaten down. Grrr! Internet ain't so safe now is it motherfucker! Shit just got real! Bam!

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: Top 10 things millenials hate about OB that we didn't know last week!

Started by Doktor Howl, April 23, 2015, 04:00:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on June 10, 2015, 04:21:04 PM
Can dogs have bulimia?

Not in the sense that people can have it, because dogs don't have a body image.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Wow, I'm hung over on a level that hasn't occurred since Scott Foster's baby shower. Went out with Charley last night for a mellow evening at the parlor, and had four drinks. One more than my usual limit, but apparently two more than my current capacity to handle.

The problem with not drinking is that you lose the capacity to drink, and then you can't really drink so you end up not drinking, until you're one of those old ladies who is just WASTED after half a glass of wine.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

POFP

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on June 10, 2015, 04:06:58 PM
Quote from: Fernando Poo on June 10, 2015, 03:50:36 AM

I don't consider that information very high-level. I don't think anyone would consider that information very high level. Why would you assume I was being condescending or whatever the fuck?

REALLY??? YOU KID.

:sexybeast:

1.) You are so shockingly unobservant about the people that you interact with that I really wonder whether your entire vaunted ability to "read" and "manipulate" people is entirely based in self-deception.

2.) I DO rather hope that your next parlor trick will be explaining the international politics of terrorism in simplified terms, though. Just for the lail.

FIXED

1.) I guess I wouldn't know, would I?

2.) I don't understand shit about terrorism. I don't claim to have any superior knowledge to anyone about anything on this forum. In-fact, most of the time I end up humbling myself, and claiming to know very little about most topics compared to everyone here. Why else would I be here? I don't come here to boast, I come here to learn and contribute as much as I can to the debates and humor I claim to at least know something about. Dislike me all you want. But I'm not here for a fucking pissing contest.
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Fernando Poo on June 10, 2015, 11:04:26 PM

I don't consider that information very high-level. I don't think anyone would consider that information very high level. Why would you assume I was being condescending or whatever the fuck?

REALLY??? YOU KID.

1.) You are so shockingly unobservant about the people that you interact with that I really wonder whether your entire vaunted ability to "read" and "manipulate" people is entirely based in self-deception.

2.) I DO rather hope that your next parlor trick will be explaining the international politics of terrorism in simplified terms, though. Just for the lail.

FIXED

2.) I don't understand shit about terrorism. I don't claim to have any superior knowledge to anyone about anything on this forum. In-fact, most of the time I end up humbling myself, and claiming to know very little about most topics compared to everyone here. Why else would I be here? I don't come here to boast, I come here to learn and contribute as much as I can to the debates and humor I claim to at least know something about. Dislike me all you want. But I'm not here for a fucking pissing contest.

:lulz: It's hard to imagine why anyone would perceive you as condescending, isn't it? Almost impossible.

POFP

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on June 10, 2015, 11:21:51 PM

REALLY??? YOU KID.

FIXED

:lulz: It's hard to imagine why anyone would perceive you as condescending, isn't it? Almost impossible.

I understand that I have a huge ego. I'm not denying that. But assuming that every attempt at complex thought is condescending because of it is just unproductive. If I ever seem condescending, I'm NOT trying to be. It's probably just one of many problems I still have to work on.

Being preachy can be effective for certain crowds. Obviously this one is NOT receptive to it. Just like I'm not that receptive to your "suggestive mockery."
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

hooplala

Quote from: Fernando Poo on June 10, 2015, 11:39:46 PM

REALLY??? YOU KID.

FIXED

I understand that I have a huge ego. I'm not denying that. But assuming that every attempt at complex thought is condescending because of it is just unproductive. If I ever seem condescending, I'm NOT trying to be. It's probably just one of many problems I still have to work on.

Being preachy can be effective for certain crowds. Obviously this one is NOT receptive to it. Just like I'm not that receptive to your "suggestive mockery."

That's Nigel's charm.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

REALLY??? YOU KID.

FIXED

Oh honey, aren't you precious? I am way past trying to help you. Once I start making fun of you instead of talking to you, I am doing it purely to entertain myself and what you get out of it (or don't) is your problem.

But here's a tip about that ego: there's nothing there to base it on. Having a king-size ego when you lack the knowledge, skills, and intelligence to justify it is like building a ten-car garage when all you own is a bicycle.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Dog is home again for the night. The vet is giving her a break from meds to see if her stomach settles.

She's so thin it's just pitiful.

She has eaten about three tablespoons of rice in the last hour and a half.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Nominees for MVP in my terrible week:
the school bus driver that fucking whistled at me one morning
the T bus driver that closed the door on my head
The servpro guy who showed up 45 minutes early when I was very clear that I had shit to do and would not be there before 12:30 and left before I could make it home, assuring the property manager there is no mold and we're just sick for unrelated reasons and the room stinks because wet hardwood.
The carpet guy who insisted on charging full price for the carpet removal even though I had to haul it out of the room because we couldn't let it keep stinking up the room over the weekend
The same guy who couldn't comprehend that just because a room is upstairs does not mean I need the stairs re-carpeted
The carpet guys that showed up without calling at SEVEN IN THE FUCKING MORNING to install the carpet when I was told "afternoon."
The asshole who dumped his half-eaten bowl of noodles into my recycling bin
Whatever is actually making me sick
Assorted assholes on facebook

Glad your dog's trying to keep food down Nigel! And I hope whatever you end up doing is awesome Howl. Nuts to the idiots.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on June 11, 2015, 03:30:11 AM

But here's a tip about that ego: there's nothing there to base it on. Having a king-size ego when you lack the knowledge, skills, and intelligence to justify it is like building a ten-car garage when all you own is a bicycle.

And then you usually wind up with self-respect instead, which is infinitely preferable.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

The most fun I've had this month is writing a resume that won't land me in jail.

Phrasing is everything.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 11, 2015, 04:07:49 AM
The most fun I've had this month is writing a resume that won't land me in jail.

Phrasing is everything.

Indeed!  :lulz:

POFP

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on June 11, 2015, 03:30:11 AM

REALLY??? YOU KID.

FIXED

Oh honey, aren't you precious? I am way past trying to help you. Once I start making fun of you instead of talking to you, I am doing it purely to entertain myself and what you get out of it (or don't) is your problem.

So, you mock those whom you are sure have some kind of mental issue, and you do it for your own entertainment without regard to their well-being? And you have the nerve to make a moral judgment on my treatment of my girlfriend? Sounds like a mix of sadism and an ego that's too big to let you see the hypocrisy. I suggest a therapist.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on June 11, 2015, 04:16:50 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 11, 2015, 04:07:49 AM

Phrasing is everything.

Indeed!  :lulz:

"Handled client & vendor contractual issues." - Science Gestapo.

"Guarded a district court judge and handled routine routine affairs." - The Judge.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Also, can we move the Fernando Poo discussion to his vanity thread?
Molon Lube