News:

Testimonial: "I cannot see a slither of a viable defense for this godawful circlejerk board."

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: Top 10 things millenials hate about OB that we didn't know last week!

Started by Doktor Howl, April 23, 2015, 04:00:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faust

"Kill the boy become the man"

"Its so sad for a targerian to be alone in the world-OH HI JON"
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Faust

Quote from: Cain on June 16, 2015, 05:12:53 PM
If the producers are to be believed, there are only two more seasons to go.

So not only has that plot been dropped, so has the Golden Company plot and the Dornish mission to Dany plot, unless they intend to fit that into the next season.  They're casting for Euron Greyjoy, so they intend to do at the very least the Iron Islands plot on top of the entire sixth book plot in a single season.  That then leaves them a single season to wrap up the seventh book with a possible film length feature ending.

Needless to say, I'm sceptical they can pull this off.

On the plus side, GRR Martin says The Winds of Winter will be releasted before season six.

The rumour mill is that they are looking to do a season thats mostly Iron Islands stuff which could actually bring it up to 3 more seasons, which would give grrm another year but I think thats up to hbo.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Cain

A season for the Iron Islands, Golden Company and Brotherhood Without Banners would be nice.

I'm also not convinced they'll be able to pull off a film ending....unless they want some horrible Age of Ultron style mishmash cast of hundreds or literally just make it a three hour long battle scene with occasional talking, like Return of the King.

Rev Thwack

At this point I just want to see the dwarf get laid and the dragons fuck shit up. I learned in the first book that you can't get attached to these characters.
My balls itch...

hooplala

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on June 16, 2015, 05:04:17 PM
I'm just sad they dropped the entire Lady Stoneheart sub plot.

I think they are going to do that with Jon Snow and don't want 2 similar characters running around.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Rev Thwack

Quote from: Hoopla on June 16, 2015, 07:49:24 PM

I think they are going to do that with Jon Snow and don't want 2 similar characters running around.
From what he was saying in an interview in this, they're not bringing him back... He's just gone.
My balls itch...

hooplala

Quote from: Rev Thwack on June 16, 2015, 08:24:34 PM

From what he was saying in an interview in this, they're not bringing him back... He's just gone.

Lies.

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

LMNO

That makes very little sense, in that they would have massively different motivations.  I mean, sure, you don't want two ressurected people running around, but you can't just swap their stories.

hooplala

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on June 16, 2015, 08:42:54 PM

That makes very little sense, in that they would have massively different motivations.  I mean, sure, you don't want two ressurected people running around, but you can't just swap their stories.

I dont think they are swapping stories. Just ending up as the same sort of creature.

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Rev Thwack

My balls itch...

hooplala

Quote from: Rev Thwack on June 16, 2015, 09:08:06 PM
Quote from: Hoopla on June 16, 2015, 08:37:46 PM
Quote from: Rev Thwack on June 16, 2015, 08:24:34 PM

Lies.
http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/game-of-thrones-jon-snow-dead-finale-season-five-kit-harington-1201519627/

I didn't think you were lying.

Did you also believe JJ Abrams when he said Khan wasn't going to be in the last Star Trek movie? Or did you believe Christopher Nolan when he said Talia al Ghul wasn't in The Dark Knight Rises?

This is what they do.

If I'm wrong, I'll eat a medium sized hat.

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Cain

One of the ways which know-nothing Jon Snow can come back does involve hijacking someone else's body.

So the actor isn't necessarily required for the part.

hooplala

Quote from: Cain on June 16, 2015, 09:40:26 PM
One of the ways which know-nothing Jon Snow can come back does involve hijacking someone else's body.

So the actor isn't necessarily required for the part.

That's also quite true. It would be interesting to see Thorne next year try to pull off that doe-eyed expression.

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

minuspace

I got one for my top 10, what's up with XX3 (re: Placid Dingos awesome derive' project)?

Recently landed on the front page and read about some of the Cabals worldwide, then was thinking about how I may be attending a summit at the Vatican next month...  Anyway, the shadow of a spark flitted across my gangled noodle, that there may be a connection?

Anyone got the scoop?

[scratch that, wrong continent, I think]

Junkenstein

Quote from: Cain on June 16, 2015, 05:12:53 PM
If the producers are to be believed, there are only two more seasons to go.

So not only has that plot been dropped, so has the Golden Company plot and the Dornish mission to Dany plot, unless they intend to fit that into the next season.  They're casting for Euron Greyjoy, so they intend to do at the very least the Iron Islands plot on top of the entire sixth book plot in a single season.  That then leaves them a single season to wrap up the seventh book with a possible film length feature ending.

Needless to say, I'm sceptical they can pull this off.

On the plus side, GRR Martin says The Winds of Winter will be releasted before season six.

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

New sample chapter, tops. Probably one already read at a convention.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.