News:

One of our core values:  "THEY REFILLED MY RITALIN AND BY THE WAY I WANNA EAT YOUR BEAR HEAD."

Main Menu

Calling it now: Dems snatch defeat from the jaws of victory in 2016.

Started by Doktor Howl, August 04, 2015, 12:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

As is encouraging war by stating you may not fulfill your mutual defence treaty obligations.

Vanadium Gryllz

I read an interesting theory (on Quora) on what might happen after President Trump wins...

The theory went that the GOP will wait for/push Trump into doing something impeachable and then impeach him, putting Mike Pence in the hotseat.

Sound likely?
"I was fine until my skin came off.  I'm never going to South Attelboro again."

LMNO

Who's got the betting pool on tonight's debate?

I have one theory. Trump will do a classic sitcom bit: Hillary will describe a policy position, and then Trump will immediately parrot it, then take credit.  Since apparently the moderators are prevented from correcting anyone, Hillary will be forced to complain that Trump stole her idea, which he'll deny, then lie about her stealing [/i] his[/i] idea, because they're so great.  And then he gets elected.

notloki

You know what, fuck this Country.

Lets all write in "The Good Reverend Roger" and be done with it.

Then we can all die laughing.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: notloki on September 26, 2016, 08:14:59 PM
You know what, fuck this Country.

Lets all write in "The Good Reverend Roger" and be done with it.

Then we can all die laughing.

You don't want to do that.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

trix

Well I certainly don't want a Trump presidency but sometimes we have to choose the funnier of two evils.
There's good news tonight.  And bad news.  First, the bad news: there is no good news.  Now, the good news: you don't have to listen to the bad news.
Zen Without Zen Masters

Quote from: Cain
Gender is a social construct.  As society, we get to choose your gender.

trix

Besides, you and Trump do have at least one thing in common:

You attract all the crazies.
There's good news tonight.  And bad news.  First, the bad news: there is no good news.  Now, the good news: you don't have to listen to the bad news.
Zen Without Zen Masters

Pergamos

Quote from: LMNO on September 26, 2016, 07:56:06 PM
Who's got the betting pool on tonight's debate?

I have one theory. Trump will do a classic sitcom bit: Hillary will describe a policy position, and then Trump will immediately parrot it, then take credit.  Since apparently the moderators are prevented from correcting anyone, Hillary will be forced to complain that Trump stole her idea, which he'll deny, then lie about her stealing [/i] his[/i] idea, because they're so great.  And then he gets elected.

That's pretty much what Clinton did to Sanders.  I suspect that  Trump will mostly say nothing of consequence.  He will also do some lying and grand proclaiming.  Clinton meanwhile will have a lot of stuff to say that actually makes sense, but it won't be as exciting as Trumps grand nonsense.  I doubt the polls will move much one direction or the other afterwards because Clinton's supporters already know enough to dismiss Trump's nonsense and Trump's supporters already think she is too crooked to do anything but lie.

trix

So in a way it's almost down to a coin toss.

Heads, we lose.  Tails, we lose extra hard.

What a great time to be alive
Zen Without Zen Masters

Cain

Trump's going to gish gallop his way to victory.  The journos will call it for Hillary but the public polls will say otherwise.  And it'll be hard to tell whether that's the public eating it up, or /pol/ and The_Donald brigading the shit out of every online poll in sight.

LMNO

Quote from: Cain on September 27, 2016, 12:08:05 AM
Trump's going to gish gallop his way to victory.  The journos will call it for Hillary but the public polls will say otherwise.  And it'll be hard to tell whether that's the public eating it up, or /pol/ and The_Donald brigading the shit out of every online poll in sight.

Yeah, I'm probably gonna watch Saints/Falcons, instead.

Cain

I'm watching, but I'm at work. 

On my own.

With a broken printer and a broken shutter system.

Waiting for a late student.

trix

Quote from: Cain on September 27, 2016, 12:38:14 AM
I'm watching, but I'm at work. 

On my own.

With a broken printer and a broken shutter system.

Waiting for a late student.

Set a trap.
Zen Without Zen Masters

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on September 27, 2016, 12:08:05 AM

Last two elections, the polls said McCain and then Romney were going to win.

Frankly, the polls are not an indicator either way, IMO.  I do believe that Trump is a threat, because the left is dumb in all the wrong ways.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

Oh I just mean informal online polls anyway, things that can shape the narrative for a couple of hours but no-one actually believes.  That said, I think the best polls in 2012 were predicting a roflstomp for Obama (the ones I were watching were consistent on that point at least).

That aside, this doesn't sound natural:

QuoteOn Monday, Mr Trump's campaign manager Kellyanne Conway told MSNBC that the "natural connective tissue he has with people" will be on show. "I can see that this man is ready for tonight," she added.