News:

It's like that horrible screech you get when the microphone is positioned too close to a speaker, only with cops.

Main Menu

Calling it now: Dems snatch defeat from the jaws of victory in 2016.

Started by Doktor Howl, August 04, 2015, 12:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salty

Very smart people can carry around very stupid ideas. No one is immune. Today, it's Ron Paul's turn. Which is a more generous statement than I'd make about the real Ron Paul.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

POFP

Some people want Trump because they've finally given in to the desire to be serious about having a good time. These people, I understand.

The rest of the supporters are doing it for the same reasons my Step Mother, who, when asked why she hasn't had any kids by my Father's hardcore Catholic family, likes to say things like "I felt it was more responsible to get my tubes tied after the first 3 abortions." Did she have 3 abortions and want to get her tubes tied? No. But it pisses off the right kind of people.

Is electing Trump a good idea? No, but it increases the feeling of HOLYSHITFUCKDAMN in bleeding-heart leftists everywhere. Do the ends justify the means? Doubtful, but since when has American politics not been one giant Shock and Awe competition? They jumped on the Trump Train to turn some heads, and they forgot there was supposed to be a punchline. They repeated sensationalist bullshit until they were red in the face, and forgot why they did it. They started believing their lies, and now there's no turning back. If Trump wins, race and gender tensions will continue to get worse, as they have been, and we will likely have civil war, if we don't have a new war with another country. If Trump loses, "measures" will be taken to ensure that opposition like Trump can never happen again, and that will set a dangerous precedent for Election freedoms. Either that, or the next 100 elections will be 1-sided because the republican party will irreparably shatter.

They've chosen FUN, and boy are they committed.
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

Salty

Quote from: Fernando The Poo, Hole of Ass on October 09, 2016, 12:41:21 AM
If Trump wins, race and gender tensions will continue to get worse, as they have been, and we will likely have civil war,

:lol:

Please elaborate.

Junkenstein

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 08, 2016, 05:13:52 PM
And then and then and then

"GRAB HER BY THE PUSSY."

Pence seen fleeing the scene.

:lulz:

God, I love this election cycle.  Especially while watching a guy I had thought to be intelligent suddenly lose his shit and start jabbering about supporting Trump, like we didn't already HAVE a Brother Nihil.

Just seen the clip. Everyone now fleeing from being associated. Even his own wife. But he's still a leader. Because repetition can change reality or something.

It's going to be really fun to see how much or little this affects his overall result.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

POFP

Quote from: Vivat Alty on October 09, 2016, 12:59:44 AM
If Trump wins, race and gender tensions will continue to get worse, as they have been, and we will likely have civil war,

Please elaborate.

Hyperbole for disturbing increase in racial violence.

Sorry, not the amount of alarmist/crazy you were hoping for, I imagine  :oops:
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

MithridatesXXIII

Quote from: xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed) on October 07, 2016, 10:47:15 PM

http://slatestarcodex.com/2014/09/30/i-can-tolerate-anything-except-the-outgroup/

Hello Mr. Paul.  Thank you for sharing this link. I was previously unaware of this website. It's pretty neat. Knowing what this person says about outgroups, do you think it is wise for the US to wittingly place itself further into an outgroup, upon which prejudice against is well-founded?

I implore you to withdrawal support or endorsement for Mr. Trump's Presidential candidacy.  Besides startling ethical concerns his conduct raises about his character and judgement, Mr. Trump is vastly unknowledgeable in most areas which fall into the purview of the duties and necessary expertise to function as Commander in Chief of this nation.  It's not that I am afraid of a possible President Trump having command of the nuclear arsenal, I fear he wouldn't have the ability to prevent the US from falling into a situation where using nuclear missiles actually becomes the best course of action. Thanks

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed) on October 08, 2016, 03:41:50 AM
A Trump presidency is frightening in the ways that it parallels the Brexit vote, in that his campaign has already stirred up some crazy racist, xenophobic bullshit that is resulting in innocent people being harassed and injured.
How many people voted for Brexit? Are all of them crazy xenophobic racists? Every last one. The large majority of the UK is crazy xenophobic racists? Should people not vote for a candidate or a position just because bad people support it? Becuase man, oh, man you wouldnt believe who supports Hillary:

https://www.opensecrets.org/politicians/contrib.php?cid=N00000019&cycle=Career

I do not believe that everyone who voted for Brexit is a crazy, xenophobic racist, nor did I state as such. I do not believe that everyone planning on voting for Trump is a crazy, xenophobic racist. In both cases, crazy xenophobic racists have been emboldened by the political climate and done shitty things that hurt people. Shitty things they would not have done without the rhetoric misleading them into thinking their nasty little thoughts were socially acceptable.

Salty

Quote from: Fernando The Poo, Hole of Ass on October 09, 2016, 01:32:53 AM
Quote from: Vivat Alty on October 09, 2016, 12:59:44 AM

Please elaborate.

Hyperbole for disturbing increase in racial violence.

Sorry, not the amount of alarmist/crazy you were hoping for, I imagine  :oops:

:cry:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: trix on October 08, 2016, 08:28:06 PM
Thinking a deranged racist failed-businessman clown-god would do better, I do not understand.

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

Quote from: trix on October 08, 2016, 08:28:06 PM
THIS is why I can't understand Trump supporters.  Even if all of his ideas on running the country were perfect, which they are far from, the man himself is batshit crazy and as president could do ANYTHING.  I do not want an American Kim Jung Un as president.  Clinton sucks but at least her motivations are clear.  Money, power, elite connections.  She will shit on us.  Trump, on the other hand, is all ego and ignorance and can literally get us all killed.

This is the impression I've gotten as well

Quote from: trix on October 08, 2016, 08:28:06 PMHating Clinton, I totally understand.  Thinking a deranged racist failed-businessman clown-god would do better, I do not understand.

I don't think you are stupid, "Ron_Paul", but I definitely don't understand at all where you are coming from here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efHCdKb5UWc
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

There is this to be said about the possiblity of a Donald Trump presidency, which is that anyone who votes for a Donald Trump presidency probably deserves a Donald Trump presidency. The only real issue is that I don't wanna have to come along for a ride (and America reaches so far that there's nowhere I can go where I won't have to sit through part of it); this is the kind of thing that is only funny when it happens to someone else (has anybody else here noticed that Caligula is hilarious in retrospect?).

There's also the troubling issue of Trump being exactly what half of us have been joking about this whole time. Give him a pipe and he's "BOB" Dobbs. He's a stupid rich man who gets richer every time he does something stupid. He has slack; he says and does whatever the hell he wants to seemingly without consequences. And, of course, his advent heralds the arrival of the end of days.
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed)

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on October 08, 2016, 03:33:03 PM
Quote from: xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed) on October 08, 2016, 03:41:50 AMYou know for a bunch of people who fell hook line and sinker for "Hope and Change", can you really not understand why people prefer Trump to Clinton?

:lulz: wut

Im going to take you back in time, to a period of literal ancient history. America was just at the tail end of 8 years of a vastly unpopular President which saw the nation get worse and worse. Resentment was brewing, people wanted someone to "clean up washington." An outsider. This outsider emerged. People questioned his credibility, people said his speeches were full of empty rhetoric, pointed out his shocking connections to radical figures. Documents from his past couldnt been found which EVERY PRESIDENTAL CANDIDATE BEFORE HIM had released! There was a backlash aganst him, a massive one. People declared him to be the Anti-Christ, people speculated he was controlled by foreign powers, every single spec of dirt from his past caught on film was poured over by an increasingly hostile press. People cried. People stockpiled guns. People declared it to be the end of America as we know it. But against what seemed like all the odds, with the help of a superior command of the media and grassroots support all over the world, he won.

And then we got George W Bush's 3rd and 4th terms. The exact same pattern is playing with Trump. Trump is 100% Made Man just like Obama was. How come people who supported W Bush and people who support Obama dont overlap at all despite them having almost identical policies, except for MittRomneyCare? Why did Bush the president speak like an idiot with an exaggerated drawl while Bush running for governor didnt? Because Bush and Obama are CHARACTERS played by ACTORS. People are reacting to their character, not their actual actions, which is the point. Thats what Trump meant when said he could shoot someone in broad daylight and his supporters would still love him. Its why his campaign is impervious to reality, because EVERY campaign is impervious to reality. Trumps supporters dont love him becuase of anything hes actually done, they love his CHARACTER.

People WANTED a Trump, before he ran. If there was no Donald Trump we would have created Him. All the media about him, everything, even most of the reasons for disliking him here signal him as an outsider. He isnt. He's going to go into the White House and let Goldman Sachs keep running the economy, Halliburton run the military which mostly consists of figuring out who to bomb to justify their budget, the DEA will continue to control the drug market and going to freaky sex parties with the Cartels, the NSA will keep watching you masturbate while blackmailing politicians and making a killing insider trading, in general we will continue our rapid descent into Uber techno-feudalism.

Then he will put on makeup, go out in front of Cameras and do his singular job, explaining to a nation of emotional toddlers why this is happening. This isnt always direct, theres indirect explaining. Obama probably didnt think Golfing would end up on the news but it did, and millions of Americans got one of many lessons on why this is happening. As we descend into Zuckerbergian Dystopia Trump will help it all make sense just like Obama and Bush before him.

MithridatesXXIII

Quote from: xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed) on October 09, 2016, 06:12:02 AM
Quote from: xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed) on October 08, 2016, 03:41:50 AMYou know for a bunch of people who fell hook line and sinker for "Hope and Change", can you really not understand why people prefer Trump to Clinton?

Im going to take you back in time, to a period of literal ancient history. America was just at the tail end of 8 years of a vastly unpopular President which saw the nation get worse and worse. Resentment was brewing, people wanted someone to "clean up washington." An outsider. This outsider emerged. People questioned his credibility, people said his speeches were full of empty rhetoric, pointed out his shocking connections to radical figures. Documents from his past couldnt been found which EVERY PRESIDENTAL CANDIDATE BEFORE HIM had released! There was a backlash aganst him, a massive one. People declared him to be the Anti-Christ, people speculated he was controlled by foreign powers, every single spec of dirt from his past caught on film was poured over by an increasingly hostile press. People cried. People stockpiled guns. People declared it to be the end of America as we know it. But against what seemed like all the odds, with the help of a superior command of the media and grassroots support all over the world, he won.

So here you implicitly juxtapose the public reaction to the candidates and compare them, trivializing the contemporary response which is way more severe. Instead of doing that why don't you compare these two candidates?

And then we got George W Bush's 3rd and 4th terms. The exact same pattern is playing with Trump. Trump is 100% Made Man just like Obama was. How come people who supported W Bush and people who support Obama dont overlap at all despite them having almost identical policies, except for MittRomneyCare? Why did Bush the president speak like an idiot with an exaggerated drawl while Bush running for governor didnt? Because Bush and Obama are CHARACTERS played by ACTORS. People are reacting to their character, not their actual actions, which is the point. Thats what Trump meant when said he could shoot someone in broad daylight and his supporters would still love him. Its why his campaign is impervious to reality, because EVERY campaign is impervious to reality. Trumps supporters dont love him becuase of anything hes actually done, they love his CHARACTER.

But here, the previous two presidents are actors fulfilling The Plan, presumably a response to 9/11 and the need to cement US presence in the middle east for the foreseeable future. If this is what you believe the question then becomes, do you really believe that Trump is capable of fulfilling the plan and managing the global response to its fulfillment? Or do you believe that he will run the kind of presidency he advertised, which as you previously put it, people were deluded in expecting?

People WANTED a Trump, before he ran. If there was no Donald Trump we would have created Him. All the media about him, everything, even most of the reasons for disliking him here signal him as an outsider. He isnt. He's going to go into the White House and let Goldman Sachs keep running the economy, Halliburton run the military which mostly consists of figuring out who to bomb to justify their budget, the DEA will continue to control the drug market and going to freaky sex parties with the Cartels, the NSA will keep watching you masturbate while blackmailing politicians and making a killing insider trading, in general we will continue our rapid descent into Uber techno-feudalism.

Then he will put on makeup, go out in front of Cameras and do his singular job, explaining to a nation of emotional toddlers why this is happening. This isnt always direct, theres indirect explaining. Obama probably didnt think Golfing would end up on the news but it did, and millions of Americans got one of many lessons on why this is happening. As we descend into Zuckerbergian Dystopia Trump will help it all make sense just like Obama and Bush before him.

I don't know how to respond to this. I don't understand how this jibes with your original contention that it's understandable that people have faith in Mr. Trump or that he is capable of handling these so-called inevitabilities.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: MithridatesXXIII on October 09, 2016, 06:49:15 AM
Quote from: xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed) on October 09, 2016, 06:12:02 AM

So here you implicitly juxtapose the public reaction to the candidates and compare them, trivializing the contemporary response which is way more severe. Instead of doing that why don't you compare these two candidates?

But here, the previous two presidents are actors fulfilling The Plan, presumably a response to 9/11 and the need to cement US presence in the middle east for the foreseeable future. If this is what you believe the question then becomes, do you really believe that Trump is capable of fulfilling the plan and managing the global response to its fulfillment? Or do you believe that he will run the kind of presidency he advertised, which as you previously put it, people were deluded in expecting?

I don't know how to respond to this. I don't understand how this jibes with your original contention that it's understandable that people have faith in Mr. Trump or that he is capable of handling these so-called inevitabilities.

:eek: Why... that was solid mithril MithridatesXXIII!

Noob jumps into thread... acquitted self well right away.. apparently knows who Mithras is..... maybe. Best noob I've seen here evar!
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

MithridatesXXIII

Thanks. My username is a reference to Mithridates VI of Pontus and his approach to dealing with poison, not Mithras, though he seems cool and reminds me of Jesus.