OPEN BAR: It's actually about ethics in fictional bars

Started by EK WAFFLR, August 10, 2015, 03:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Wow.

They're just looking to get fucked, aren't they?

Cain

Pretty much.

I had a meeting at the end of June with the two people I emailed over this, and I was assured that under no circumstances would my room be entered without my permission.  Furthermore, I mentioned at that meeting that having an east-facing window, next to a main road, while working night shifts, was having a clearly obvious impact on my quality of sleep.  They promised to look into alternatives...then nothing.  I have all this in writing as well.

Throw on top of that the complete absence of management for the past two weeks and for at least the next two weeks, the refusal of the Head of Welfare and Boarding to attend meetings with staff, the ongoing clusterfuck that is "downsizing by attrition", no staff meetings since February and all the additional issues and...yeah.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Cain on September 16, 2015, 06:24:46 PM
Pretty much.

I had a meeting at the end of June with the two people I emailed over this, and I was assured that under no circumstances would my room be entered without my permission.  Furthermore, I mentioned at that meeting that having an east-facing window, next to a main road, while working night shifts, was having a clearly obvious impact on my quality of sleep.  They promised to look into alternatives...then nothing.  I have all this in writing as well.

Throw on top of that the complete absence of management for the past two weeks and for at least the next two weeks, the refusal of the Head of Welfare and Boarding to attend meetings with staff, the ongoing clusterfuck that is "downsizing by attrition", no staff meetings since February and all the additional issues and...yeah.

I have my problems with my working environment, but this shit is criminal negligence and outright B&E.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Good Reverend Roger

The last Little Orange book went through!  WOOT!  I'm all caught up!
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

The Good Reverend Roger

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Cain

I'm filling in a self appraisal form for work.

First three questions: Is your job description accurate? (No), Do you fully understand the requirements of your role? (No, because my role is not the job I signed up for) and Do you understand the objectives of your department? (No, because I don't understand my job role because my job description isn't accurate).

Off to a strong start.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on September 16, 2015, 11:30:54 PM
I'm filling in a self appraisal form for work.

The real way to handle those is to write yourself up as the next Jesus H Christ.  Those things are written to make people "be honest" (ie, slap themselves), so they don't have to give them a raise.

Cain

That shouldn't be too hard....Cara and myself basically do more work than the other three shifts put together.

That said, I'm strongly fighting the temptation to slap management in the comments I'm writing.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 16, 2015, 01:09:33 AM
So.  My dad has skin cancer.

His prognosis is excellent, but still.

Oh, that sucks. Cancer is scary even when it's one of the easily-treated ones.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on September 17, 2015, 01:23:35 AM

Oh, that sucks. Cancer is scary even when it's one of the easily-treated ones.

Yeah, and he's already had his quota of health scares this year.

Meunster

I want to smoke, but I kinda feel like i have to shit.

I fear if I go smoke the shit will hit me, and I won't have to to finish the smoke, so ill have to squat outside. I'm stubborn so I won't just put the smoke out to go shit.

Fuck it ill go smoke
Poe's law ;)

Chelagoras The Boulder

I sorry to hear about your dad, Rog. I've lost a few relatives to cancer myself, and its a real shitshow. So here's hoping everything turns out okay for your dad.
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

Meunster

Quote from: Meunster on September 17, 2015, 02:28:16 AM
I want to smoke, but I kinda feel like i have to shit.

I fear if I go smoke the shit will hit me, and I won't have to to finish the smoke, so ill have to squat outside. I'm stubborn so I won't just put the smoke out to go shit.

Fuck it ill go smoke

My fears came true.
Poe's law ;)

Cain

Got a call at 6:30 this morning from my bosses's boss, demanding I come up with a solution for people walking into my flat.

Yes, this was after a full night shift, after disturbed sleep.

I was then simultaneously told that this is simply the cost of communal living (despite me living at three boarding houses before this without this sort of issue, and it not happening to anyone else, ever) and that if I don't like it I should just move out.

I may have hung up on him.