News:

Endorsement: "I could go so far as to say they simply use Discordianism as a mechanism for causing havoc, and an excuse for mischief."

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: It's actually about ethics in fictional bars

Started by EK WAFFLR, August 10, 2015, 03:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trippinprincezz13

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 16, 2015, 01:09:33 AM
So.  My dad has skin cancer.

His prognosis is excellent, but still.

Ugh, really sorry to hear that. Glad it's one that's fairly easily treated, but as has been said, it certainly doesn't make it any more comforting. Hope it clears up quick
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Cain on September 17, 2015, 05:09:42 PM
Got a call at 6:30 this morning from my bosses's boss, demanding I come up with a solution for people walking into my flat.

Yes, this was after a full night shift, after disturbed sleep.

I was then simultaneously told that this is simply the cost of communal living (despite me living at three boarding houses before this without this sort of issue, and it not happening to anyone else, ever) and that if I don't like it I should just move out.

I may have hung up on him.

Is the solution filing trespassing charges?

trippinprincezz13

Got a call at 6:30 this morning from my bosses's boss, demanding I come up with a solution for people walking into my flat.

I was then simultaneously told that this is simply the cost of communal living (despite me living at three boarding houses before this without this sort of issue, and it not happening to anyone else, ever) and that if I don't like it I should just move out.

Electrified doorknob and bear trap inside the door. And that's what happens when you ask stupid questions.

But on a serious note, that's infuriating enough on it's own, never mind with all the other BS you're dealing with. A hang-up is the nicest reaction he could have gotten.
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

Cain

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on September 17, 2015, 05:22:33 PM

It's certainly part of it, yes.

I gave them a solution, 4 months ago.  They rejected that solution, lied to me as to the reason why, and took it upon themselves to find a resolution back then (then did nothing).

But, when it's convenient, it's suddenly my responsibility again.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Cain on September 17, 2015, 05:24:36 PM
Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on September 17, 2015, 05:22:33 PM

It's certainly part of it, yes.

I gave them a solution, 4 months ago.  They rejected that solution, lied to me as to the reason why, and took it upon themselves to find a resolution back then (then did nothing).

But, when it's convenient, it's suddenly my responsibility again.

I am so hoping this entire exchange exists in emails.

Cain

Almost all of it.  Final part was in a phone call, but someone else was in the room with me when I took it, and I immediately wrote a log for it after the call.

Meunster

The campus slut has fallen in love with me.
I'm asexual.  This will be interesting. 
Poe's law ;)

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Meunster on September 17, 2015, 06:58:09 PM

You're a fucking asshole.  Seriously.  Die.  Or shut up.  Something.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Meunster

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 17, 2015, 07:06:21 PM

Fine, I'll go kill myself tomorrow,  jeez, some people.
Poe's law ;)

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Meunster on September 17, 2015, 07:11:37 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 17, 2015, 07:06:21 PM

Fine, I'll go kill myself tomorrow,  jeez, some people.

Yeah. Best to fast for 24 hrs. That or wear a diaper. No sense leaving a preventable mess on your way out the door.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

What a coincidence, the campus slut has fallen in love with me too!

Oh wait, I'm the campus slut.

Hmmmm

Yep, I'm fucking awesome.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on September 17, 2015, 09:00:19 PM
Nigel x Muenster x Nigel slashfic plz.

I'm gonna get in touch with Chuck Tingle about the screenplay.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Cain on September 17, 2015, 09:00:19 PM
Nigel x Muenster x Nigel slashfic plz.

I KNOW there's a Swiss cheese joke in there somewhere, and a bunch of sequel potential.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on September 17, 2015, 08:58:32 PM

What a coincidence, the campus slut has fallen in love with me too!

Oh wait, I'm the campus slut.

Hmmmm

Yep, I'm fucking awesome.

:lulz: