Main Menu

OPEN BAR: It's actually about ethics in fictional bars

Started by EK WAFFLR, August 10, 2015, 03:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 29, 2015, 05:11:52 AM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on October 29, 2015, 05:02:57 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 29, 2015, 04:54:19 AM
I am beat the fuck up.  Hell week at the gym, 4 days into 7 straight days of workouts with no rest days.

I am, therefore, not my usual kind and smiling self.

Who invented thos terrible hell week you speak of and what is its purpose?

Gary the Prick, my trainer.  It's purpose is apparently related to him now being called "Gary the Prick" by everyone at the gym, for which he - for some reason - holds me responsible.

It does have a certain naturally catchy ring to it. Clearly he's some sort of paranoid. If you decide to consent to the plausible paranoid trainer's arbitrary "hell week" any further take care.  This guy sounds.. questionable, this Gary the Prick.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Meunster

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on October 29, 2015, 04:52:22 AM
Quote from: Meunster on October 29, 2015, 04:17:14 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 29, 2015, 04:09:54 AM
Quote from: Meunster on October 29, 2015, 04:07:51 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 29, 2015, 04:00:39 AM
Quote from: Meunster on October 29, 2015, 03:57:33 AM

Warning though, you'll just hate me more.

I suppose that is - in theory, at least - possible.

About as possible as being time warped after karate chopping a pet dung beetle. But hey, let me know what you think. It made me chuckle.

Also screw you, this was a horrifying normie day assignment. How do you know me so perfectly?

"Holy Man™"

Yeah, suppose so.

PK FUCK u u miscultured cunt! Thanks.  He Holy as fuck! Sometimes he's EXTRA holy and that usually mans get fuking bent!!  Think about that! Think about it with your little "neetboy" friends and try to figure it out!  :fnord:

The fucks a neetboy?  You talking about NEETs

Cause if you are. Well then, I do. At every chance. Right now NEETchan there's around 200 posts about discordianism.
Who do you think made those posts? Some random anons, i only made like 30 of them. Geez, 200 posts, I have shit to do.

Also I don't really want to think about Roger. I barely know him. All I know is I kinda respect him, and he hates me. Wish he would rant more, can never really tell what he's thinking. I can never tell if he's being sarcastic or straight up mean. W/e I love him anyways.

Ps. You probably think the love part is sarcasm. It's not.
Pss. That ps isn't sarcasm either, and neither is this pss.
Psss. Not that kind of love though. That'd be weird.
Poe's law ;)

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

It's dark, it's cold, and I am chronically 1-2 hours sleep deprived.

I HATE EVERYONE.

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Meunster on October 29, 2015, 05:47:53 AM

Wish he would rant more, can never really tell what he's thinking.

I am not a performing monkey.

You may have noticed that I haven't ranted very much over the last year.  There is in fact a reason for that.  Many reasons for that.  First, on friend told me that liberals without advanced degrees weren't worth being friends with, because they're irrational.  Looking around at every filthy fucking Foodbabe fan in their identical Captain Haddock beards, I have to agree.  I still hate the fucker who made the comment, because it was directed at me, and I do not agree with Foodbabe, but STILL.  The argument is valid.

Another friend has told me that liberals are racist.  Can't hate on her for that, she's also right.  From Brogressives to the limosine liberals that expect people to dance for their scraps, what the fuck am I supposed to say in response?  "No, it's all in your head."?

That's leaving aside the shit that went down here the last time there was a racist running around.  I'm not pissed off about that anymore, but I'd be lying if I said I was over it.  Or watching the company I worked for lose it's spine when a clear case of retaliation was launched against one of my employees because I had enforced the company's harassment laws with regard to race (I was leaving anyway, but damn).

So I can't be liberal.  There's no liberal to BE.  And conservatives are as bad, they do their shit right in the open, making it OKAY to 43% of the country to come right out and act racist or sexist or whatever the vicious hatred of the week is.

And while I'm not a single-issue voter, there's simply some things that stink too much to stand next to on the subway.  Or in the limosine.  You know what I mean.

So I quit.  I'm out of politics.  Haven't watched a single debate, don't care.  The country will have to survive without my vote and without my vitriol.  PD will have to survive without my ranting, because politics are all I ever ranted about.  President Trump can live without my commentary, and I can live without the inevitable, predictable, soul-killingly boring shit post you will immediately follow this with.

Anyway, that's why I don't rant anymore.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

I understand your reasons, but I can't say it's not a bit of a shame.  On the other hand, you haven't said you're giving up writing altogether, so I'm looking forward to more fantastic stories about... stuff.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on October 29, 2015, 03:26:01 PM
I understand your reasons, but I can't say it's not a bit of a shame.  On the other hand, you haven't said you're giving up writing altogether, so I'm looking forward to more fantastic stories about... stuff.

I'm writing straight to smashbooks these days.  So they have to be done before they're released.

And the occasional slander here, when I can think of something.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Speaking of which, I found my direction in LDW#3.

And I kinda creeped myself out.

xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed)

Gotta love Salon.com pushing for those progressive tolerant values.

LMNO

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on October 29, 2015, 06:58:45 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 29, 2015, 05:48:39 PM
Speaking of which, I found my direction in LDW#3.

And I kinda creeped myself out.

:banana:

Yeah, I've spent the last two years knowing what I wanted to do, but not how to get there.  It's chugging along nicely, should finish up at 20,000 words, for a series total of 50,000.

The Good Reverend Roger

Just did another 4000 words.  Taking a break.  I expect to finish this weekend and publish Wednesday, when the cover art is ready.

The Good Reverend Roger

Monsoon STILL going.  Everyone drowned.  The end.

Cain

xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed)

Quote from: Cain on October 29, 2015, 11:59:18 PM
Quote from: xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed) on October 29, 2015, 06:55:33 PM
Gotta love Salon.com pushing for those progressive tolerant values.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CSZ-S2DWwAAWsKO.png

Also worth mentioning, that time Gawker referred to the sexual abuse of a 7yo child as "a sexual relationship".

The independent too.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/not-all-paedophiles-are-bad-people-we-need-to-have-a-sense-of-proportion-a6704201.html

QuoteIn my studies of the Paedophile Information Exchange in the 1980s, many members admitted sexual feelings for children which they had been able to contain or turn to social good. Some gravitated toward occupations such as schoolteacher or social worker, where they could enjoy the company of children without plotting abuse. This fitted with personality profiles indicating that they were gentle, rational and not disposed to harm anybody.

Not mentioned in this article is that the PIE group has ties to a famously gentle, rational and harmless man named Jimmy Savile. Who also gravitated towards jobs where he could enjoy the company of children.

Meunster

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 29, 2015, 03:06:28 PM
Quote from: Meunster on October 29, 2015, 05:47:53 AM

Wish he would rant more, can never really tell what he's thinking.

I am not a performing monkey.

You may have noticed that I haven't ranted very much over the last year.  There is in fact a reason for that.  Many reasons for that.  First, on friend told me that liberals without advanced degrees weren't worth being friends with, because they're irrational.  Looking around at every filthy fucking Foodbabe fan in their identical Captain Haddock beards, I have to agree.  I still hate the fucker who made the comment, because it was directed at me, and I do not agree with Foodbabe, but STILL.  The argument is valid.

Another friend has told me that liberals are racist.  Can't hate on her for that, she's also right.  From Brogressives to the limosine liberals that expect people to dance for their scraps, what the fuck am I supposed to say in response?  "No, it's all in your head."?

That's leaving aside the shit that went down here the last time there was a racist running around.  I'm not pissed off about that anymore, but I'd be lying if I said I was over it.  Or watching the company I worked for lose it's spine when a clear case of retaliation was launched against one of my employees because I had enforced the company's harassment laws with regard to race (I was leaving anyway, but damn).

So I can't be liberal.  There's no liberal to BE.  And conservatives are as bad, they do their shit right in the open, making it OKAY to 43% of the country to come right out and act racist or sexist or whatever the vicious hatred of the week is.

And while I'm not a single-issue voter, there's simply some things that stink too much to stand next to on the subway.  Or in the limosine.  You know what I mean.

So I quit.  I'm out of politics.  Haven't watched a single debate, don't care.  The country will have to survive without my vote and without my vitriol.  PD will have to survive without my ranting, because politics are all I ever ranted about.  President Trump can live without my commentary, and I can live without the inevitable, predictable, soul-killingly boring shit post you will immediately follow this with.

Anyway, that's why I don't rant anymore.

Well, I think you really misperceive me, but I can't say that I don't agree with you.
Poe's law ;)