News:

If words could really hurt you, this forum would be one huge abbatoir.

Main Menu

English is the dumbest language

Started by Q. G. Pennyworth, September 09, 2015, 06:36:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Q. G. Pennyworth

We have an adjective that we use almost exclusively for lava. YOU ALREADY SAID IT'S LAVA, BRO, WE DON'T NEED A SECOND WORD THAT YOU ONLY USE FOR LAVA TO DESCRIBE THE LAVA-NESS OF THE LAVA.

LMNO

No, you see, when the phrase "molten lava" is used, it means that the lava has shed most of its feathers.

Cain

I thought it meant it was lava made from barley.

Don Coyote

How do you feel about liquid hot magma?

LMNO

How about magma with frickin lasers attached to it?

Don Coyote

How about lasers with fricken basses attached to them?

The Wizard Joseph

How about basses powered by malten lava?
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Bruno

Also, there is no need to add the word "machine" after "ATM". The 'M' already has that covered.
Formerly something else...

Don Coyote

Quote from: Emo Howard on September 10, 2015, 12:28:45 AM
Also, there is no need to add the word "machine" after "ATM". The 'M' already has that covered.

Look if I want to stick my CAC card into the ATM machine, punch in my PIN number to withdraw some cash, then that is my right as an American.

Eater of Clowns

Molten is also much the proper word to describe the heated fillings of microwavable burritos and hot pockets.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Don Coyote on September 10, 2015, 12:51:44 AM
Quote from: Emo Howard on September 10, 2015, 12:28:45 AM

Look if I want to stick my CAC card into the ATM machine, punch in my PIN number to withdraw some cash, then that is my right as an American.

DAMN SKIPPY.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on September 10, 2015, 12:53:13 AM
Molten is also much the proper word to describe the heated fillings of microwavable burritos and hot pockets.

The shame I would feel at having bought a hot pocket would preclude speech ever again.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on September 09, 2015, 06:36:39 PM
We have an adjective that we use almost exclusively for lava. YOU ALREADY SAID IT'S LAVA, BRO, WE DON'T NEED A SECOND WORD THAT YOU ONLY USE FOR LAVA TO DESCRIBE THE LAVA-NESS OF THE LAVA.

Molten iron.
Molon Lube

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on September 10, 2015, 12:53:13 AM

Well, yes, as you are comparing them to lava.

Appropriately.

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 10, 2015, 12:58:35 AM
Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on September 09, 2015, 06:36:39 PM

Molten iron.

Damn. Stop being smarter than me.

Don Coyote