News:

"At the teaparties they only dunked bags into cups of water...because they didn't want to break the law. And that just about sums up America's revolutionary spirit."

Main Menu

Blurgh

Started by Cain, January 07, 2005, 03:31:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: ScribeMy friends were not that sort of people.  We disproved the idea that you had to work hard to get good grades.  We made a mockery of the system, by finding the little buzzwords and techniques that the examiners look for, rather than the content, then went out drinking etc...  

Mock not academia.  You're lucky that's ALL that happened.

Besides, WTF is up with wanting awards?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

Well, it would had been nice for some recognition, given as the awards were meant to be given to those who did best.  Im more worried about the certificates to tell the truth.

Wishfarple

Give me your address, Scribe.  I'll send you some certificates.  I think I still have my varsity Band letter certificate around here somewhere.. .
His Right Most Honorable Super Hella Reverend Llama Wishfart Rinpoche of the Church of Ed Gein (Deceased),
Temple of Cleveland

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: ScribeWell, it would had been nice for some recognition, given as the awards were meant to be given to those who did best.  Im more worried about the certificates to tell the truth.

You have a bad case of the Pink, sir.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Eldora, Oracle of Alchemy

OK, I am from the States, so a lot of your tale is gibberish, sorry.  It sounds like you graduated from something and did not get some special award you think you are owed?  Or did I miss something.  Is there more to it than a piece of paper?

Lord Trout

If I understood correctly (I did spend 12 years in the US public school system, so forgive my ignorance), those certificates are essentially required to get into the University system. The awards would have been nice (like being picked "Valedictorian" or "Most Likely to Incite a Riot"), but the certificates were earned, and should have been presented months ago.

Sounds like when they refuse to give you your Diploma, here in the States. I knew a guy that happened to, and it sucked ass. His dad bought him a bottle of whiskey for graduation, and of course, he imbibed before school. We found him passed out in his car, and did our best to hide him on the last day of school. Nevertheless, someone snitched to the Principal, and his Diploma was withheld, until he had attended six weeks of summer school.

He did nothing wrong academically, yet they made him go to summer school anyway.

Yeah, the kid was wrong to get drunk on the last day of school, but at least he showed up... unlike half of the graduating Seniors, who got to get their diplomas on-time, even though the Principal threatened to take theirs away for missing school.

Fuck the System.
Well, shit.

Zurtok Khan

In my school only 50% of the graduating class actually recieved their diploma, and in a nieghboring school only about 35% of the class got theirs.

There's something wrong with the system if that many people aren't graduating.  I think we need to bring back corporal punishment.
Resistance is Fertile.

Always acknowledge a fault. This will throw those in authority off their guard and give you an opportunity to commit more.
-Mark Twain

I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.
-Mark Twain

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: SheckyIf I understood correctly (I did spend 12 years in the US public school system, so forgive my ignorance), those certificates are essentially required to get into the University system. The awards would have been nice (like being picked "Valedictorian" or "Most Likely to Incite a Riot"), but the certificates were earned, and should have been presented months ago.

Fuck the System.

1.  That's different.  Revenge may be in order.

2.  LOL!  Gonna beat the system are, ya, mister?

Lord Trout

Beat it? No, what I had in mind involves hot wax and a ball-gag.
Well, shit.

Horab Fibslager

i went to school once. yeah it's true. i did.

i told em to go fuck themselves before they had a chance to try and give me one of their filthy gfucking diplomas. dirty pigfucking crackwhores.

also i have a presidenital academic award from bill clinton.
for being mroe inteligent than my fucking idiot teachers in 7th grade.
special eh?
Hell is other people.