7,000 People Covertly Swept Up Into Secret Chicago Police Interrogation Center

Started by thewake, October 22, 2015, 07:07:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thewake

http://www.allgov.com/news/controversies/7000-people-covertly-swept-up-into-secret-chicago-police-interrogation-center-151022?news=857693

This is between August 2004 to June 2015. Apparently they didn't keep records of who was there
deprived people of a right to an attorney
generally were jerks and whatnot as the gubernment usually is

what is interesting (and frightening) to me is this was chicago it's not like it was guantanamo bay or some shit.
"It is the dull man who is always sure, and the sure man who is always dull."
--H. L. Mencken

LMNO

I'll admit, almost 2 people a day for ten years is disconcerting, but have you seen the crime statistics for the past decade?

http://www.city-data.com/crime/crime-Chicago-Illinois.html

thewake

So there's more criminals to treat in an unconstitutional manner in chicago :P
--H. L. Mencken

The Good Reverend Roger

You're so 20th century.  Secret, indefinite detention is where it's at.  As St Verthaine said, so long ago, "The MOMENT you start treating foreigners that way, you'll start treating your own citizens that way."

He was of course right.  But there's crime and terrorism and unpaid bills, so what choice do we have?  None.  We sweep people up and stick them in a building with no counsel and that way maybe the others will listen when we tell them WHAT.

And if this "secret" is now public, what the hell haven't they told us? 
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Bruno

Formerly something else...

thewake

--H. L. Mencken

The Good Reverend Roger

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger