News:

Thinking about Gabbard in general, my animal instinct is to flatten my ears against my head, roll my eyes up till the whites show, bare my teeth, and trill like a cicada stuck in a Commodore 64.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: Tough on bars, tough on the causes of bars

Started by Cain, November 10, 2015, 12:36:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Coyote

I've turned in my gear. Now I just wait on paperwork to finally leave the Army.

LMNO

Bruno

Formerly something else...

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Freeky

Quote from: Cain on December 05, 2015, 10:11:26 AM
Quote from: Choppas an' Sluggas on December 05, 2015, 07:39:19 AM
Quote from: Don Coyote on December 04, 2015, 09:13:20 AM
Quote from: Choppas an' Sluggas on December 04, 2015, 07:47:07 AM
So I learned who wrote the Underdark campaign for D&D 5th. 

Kinser(sp?) and Co. 

Have yet to stop frothing at the mouth.  There's just so much rage now, I can't stop cursing.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU---

:?

That was the Demogorgon encounter at 3rd level thing, the underdark campaign.  Kinser and Co. are a bunch of guys who made games for 2nd ed D&D players when that went to 3rd.  They made Hackmaster, among other things.

It's just one of the most powerful demon princes of the Abyss, with a CR number larger than the population of some countries.  What's the big problem?

:crankey:

My DM told me he's the mook of demon princes this edition.  I looked.  It's true.  And we have the opportunity to meet them all.

Another group met some other demon prince at her wedding.  They killed all the guests, and then whoever it was was like "That's cute," and knocked everyone around in one round.  ALSO a 3rd level group. 

Freeky

Quote from: Don Coyote on December 07, 2015, 02:58:58 PM
Quote from: Choppas an' Sluggas on December 05, 2015, 07:39:19 AM
Quote from: Don Coyote on December 04, 2015, 09:13:20 AM
Quote from: Choppas an' Sluggas on December 04, 2015, 07:47:07 AM
So I learned who wrote the Underdark campaign for D&D 5th. 

Kinser(sp?) and Co. 

Have yet to stop frothing at the mouth.  There's just so much rage now, I can't stop cursing.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU---

:?

That was the Demogorgon encounter at 3rd level thing, the underdark campaign.  Kinser and Co. are a bunch of guys who made games for 2nd ed D&D players when that went to 3rd.  They made Hackmaster, among other things.

I know most of that, but don't get the rage.

Neither do I really.  It just sort of happens.  It's probably more than the game, the game is just what makes the rage come out.

Freeky

Quote from: Cain on December 06, 2015, 06:34:39 PM
I drink a lot and punch things.  It helps.

Punching things helps a lot of things, I've found.

Freeky

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on December 07, 2015, 06:23:47 PM
Some lady in an SUV just almost ran me over while I was crossing the street. I was in the crosswalk, it was my light, and she was turning into the intersection... in fact, she saw me, stopped, and then waited until I was WELL into the street before turning, such that if I hadn't sen her and stopped right then she would have creamed me. I flipped her off while screaming "FUCK YOU PIECE OF SHIT COCKSUCKER!" and lunged for her passenger window, but I wasn't close enough to give it a bang. The cuntsucking piece of filth made like she was going to park so I angled in that direction, but APPARENTLY SOMETHING MADE HER CHANGE HER MIND because she drove away instead.

Perhaps she was looking for someone to fight, and wanted to start shit?  It sounds reasonable, given what you say here.

Freeky

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Choppas an' Sluggas on December 08, 2015, 11:18:09 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on December 07, 2015, 06:23:47 PM
Some lady in an SUV just almost ran me over while I was crossing the street. I was in the crosswalk, it was my light, and she was turning into the intersection... in fact, she saw me, stopped, and then waited until I was WELL into the street before turning, such that if I hadn't sen her and stopped right then she would have creamed me. I flipped her off while screaming "FUCK YOU PIECE OF SHIT COCKSUCKER!" and lunged for her passenger window, but I wasn't close enough to give it a bang. The cuntsucking piece of filth made like she was going to park so I angled in that direction, but APPARENTLY SOMETHING MADE HER CHANGE HER MIND because she drove away instead.

Perhaps she was looking for someone to fight, and wanted to start shit?  It sounds reasonable, given what you say here.

People don't really work that way here. Especially fancy suburban ladies in $80k cars who drive away all scared when somebody talks back at their shitty driving.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Don Coyote on December 08, 2015, 04:13:34 PM
I've turned in my gear. Now I just wait on paperwork to finally leave the Army.

Congratulations! That's awesome!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Emo Howard on December 08, 2015, 09:25:57 PM
Harvard found diacetyl in 75% of e-cig juice.

http://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2015/12/popcorn-lung-seen-in-e-cigarette-smokers/

QuoteTwo other related, potentially harmful compounds were also found in many of the tested flavors, which included varieties with potential appeal to young people such as cotton candy, "Fruit Squirts," and cupcake.

"Fruit squirts" is what happens to me at the beginning of every summer, before my digestive system adjusts.

Cain

:lulz:

Promotion by default.  As of this time next month, out of a team of 8 (positions), only 3 will be filled.

The Wizard Joseph

You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Chelagoras The Boulder

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 08, 2015, 02:01:26 AM
Who has two thumbs and got his dream job?

This guy.
Glad to hear that Roger. Was hoping you'd land on your feet
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."