News:

Proud member of the Vin Diesel Friendship Brigade

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: Tough on bars, tough on the causes of bars

Started by Cain, November 10, 2015, 12:36:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Just had 3 students leave via the gate exit, which is only for emergencies.  Can't go after them as I'm stuck in reception.

Cain

Two unexpected arrivals.  No paperwork for either, except the confirmation letters from the college.

Student locked out of her room due to the lock battery dying.  Someone has taken the key for the room where we store the batteries.  Had to steal half a dozen batteries from unoccupied rooms until I found a working one...then I had to call out maintenance anyway because I didnt have the tools to get the lock mechanism open.

Someone blew all the fuses in their room.

Half the paperwork has incorrect information or is out of date.

I've spent more time running around the building than I have in the office thus far.

axod

Got a new car battery and drove to work through sheets of torrential rain.  Forgot about how the radio was not working, because system reset.  Suddenly, it appears the only road/drive to destination is shut down due to flooding.  I pull my window down to enquire when access may be expected again.  Bad move.  Vehicle decides it must be in the shop or something and refuses to raise driver side window again.  Me now very wet.  Oh, and then, back at the garage, it decides it's cool to let me put the window back up again.
just this

Cain

Holy fucking shit.

If every night is going to be like this, then I'm going to quit.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on January 06, 2016, 10:37:49 PM
Two unexpected arrivals.  No paperwork for either, except the confirmation letters from the college.

Student locked out of her room due to the lock battery dying.  Someone has taken the key for the room where we store the batteries.  Had to steal half a dozen batteries from unoccupied rooms until I found a working one...then I had to call out maintenance anyway because I didnt have the tools to get the lock mechanism open.

Someone blew all the fuses in their room.

Half the paperwork has incorrect information or is out of date.

I've spent more time running around the building than I have in the office thus far.

Jesus F Christ.  :lulz: :horrormirth: :lulz: :horrormirth:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

My only adventure today is that nobody ever showed up to let me into the lab, and my neurophysiology professor for some reason only uses his own website, not D2L, so I found out today that I am, indeed, supposed to have a textbook for this class. Not a big deal, it's a $90 textbook but I can rent it for $20. BUT WAIT, my debit card expires 1/31/2016, and for reasons unknown, Amazon interprets that as expiring on the FIRST DAY of January. My bank doesn't think it expires until the END of January, so I haven't received a replacement yet.

No textbook for me.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

My new laptop is out for delivery. I want to go get pizza and wine, but I can't until they deliver my laptop.

Cain

Surely in the Land Of Opportunity there is a pizza and wine delivery service? 

I just sent two emails to my bosses.  First was detailing how our new (lack of a) sign in system means it's impossible to do our jobs and makes us do even more work, and how being understaffed is going to fucking kill us all.

I then sent a second email to my boss detailing the night I had and telling him if I have to put up with this for a month I'm going to end up being burnt out.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on January 07, 2016, 01:44:00 AM
Surely in the Land Of Opportunity there is a pizza and wine delivery service? 

I just sent two emails to my bosses.  First was detailing how our new (lack of a) sign in system means it's impossible to do our jobs and makes us do even more work, and how being understaffed is going to fucking kill us all.

I then sent a second email to my boss detailing the night I had and telling him if I have to put up with this for a month I'm going to end up being burnt out.

Not at college student prices! Papa Murphy's Take & Bake had a 50% off code so I got 2 family-size pizzas for $13, and Whole Foods has $3 chardonnay. Living large up in here. And my computer came.

Do you think they'll care about the emails at all? Or just blow you off?

Cain

I did consider that, though I also wondered if America had some weird law about takeaway alcohol.  I think certain Swiss canton do, so it wouldn't entirely surprise me.

I doubt I'll get listened to.  I believe other staff have also voiced similar concerns.  However, when I'm literally too burnt out to work, I'll at least have covered myself.  In numerous ways actually, since I also mentioned not getting a good nights sleep at the front of the building. 

The whole company is possibly falling apart though.  Lots of resignations at the senior level.  Might not even be an issue in 6 months time.

Cain

Requiem adventures part 3 is up.  We kill things in this video.

Cain

So, amazingly, my boss's boss would like to have a meeting.

Maybe he's just panicking though, because he now has 3 staff left here and none of them are feeling so great.

LMNO

Quote from: Cain on January 07, 2016, 06:15:34 PM

Incidentally, I've been watching these when I work from home.  Just so you know someone's watching.

Cain

Quote from: LMNO on January 07, 2016, 07:58:05 PM
Quote from: Cain on January 07, 2016, 06:15:34 PM

Incidentally, I've been watching these when I work from home.  Just so you know someone's watching.

Thanks.  Always feel free to leave a comment on the video, if you want.

Unfortunately, I didn't record as many videos as I wanted the other day, so there won't be any updates until at least Saturday, possibly Sunday.  But I'll try and record plenty more this time, so there's at least one episode for each day I'm working.

It'll also be slow in the start, because we can't do fun stuff without getting rekt.  Mages College quests scale in difficulty very quickly...the first quest is a draugr crypt (moderately hard), the second is a lot of neromancers and conjurers (much harder...they keep resurrecting each other), the third is a Dwemer ruin (legit scary) and the finale is....well, it's the single most dangerous ruin in the game, and probably in the top 3 scariest locations in Requiem.

So before that we're going to do some mercenary work.  Wander the land.  Make some money.  Kill bandits.

LMNO

I kind of like in the mines, you set a bandit on fire, and they're all, "You'll pay for that!" rather than "HOLY FUCKING SHIT I'M ON FIRE PUTITPUT PUTITOUTPUTITOUT"