News:

You know what I always say? "Always kill the mouthy one", that's what I always say.

Main Menu

UK General Election 8th June: Shake it all about?

Started by Vanadium Gryllz, February 23, 2016, 02:54:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

I'm enjoying the pivot between "Bristol protestors are bad because they did not follow due process" and "Tower Hamlets are bad because they did follow due process".

Nibor the Priest

People: *learn some history*
People: *become horrified to learn that they've been walking past a statue of Sir Slavery Rich-Whitedude every day for the past 20 years*
People: *throw statue in the fucking sea*
Millions of other people: *see this on the news* *learn about slave trader, take time to learn more about slave traders in their own area and what local statuary they may wish to consider throwing in the fucking sea*
Gammons: WHY DO THEY WANT TO DESTROY HISTORY NOW HOW WILL PEOPLE LEARN ANYTHING

Cain

It's just like when we tore down all those statues of Hitler and now no-one knows who Hitler was  :sad:

Nibor the Priest

Quote from: Cain on June 10, 2020, 12:05:52 PM
It's just like when we tore down all those statues of Hitler and now no-one knows who Hitler was  :sad:
Last week I was a world-class expert on the life and work of Edward Colston, but now they've thrown his statue in the fucking sea, I don't even know whether he was a slave trader.

Faust

The fact that they didn't start with the Statue of Oliver Cromwell outside Westminster makes me think they have their priorities out of order
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Nibor the Priest

Honestly, the kind of people that end up as statues, I wouldn't like to be the one who had to rank 'em.

It'd be easier just to rename plinths "naughty steps".

chaotic neutral observer

"When smashing monuments, save the pedestals. They always come in handy."
    --Stanisław Lem
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

altered

I have to say, I like this new guy. I like them quite a bit. Active, intelligent, has horrible pinko commie America hating values. What more can you ask for?
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Nibor the Priest

Quote from: altered on June 10, 2020, 02:48:35 PM
I have to say, I like this new guy. I like them quite a bit. Active, intelligent, has horrible pinko commie America hating values. What more can you ask for?
My bad qualities include disorganisation, anxious depression, poor memory, muttering to myself, a clotting disorder and taking more than my fair share of finger food.

altered

I got all that AND I'm a lesbian tranny leftist freak, so I don't see an issue here.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Doktor Howl

I make death robots for my corporate masters.

Everyone have some tea.  I got this.
Molon Lube

Junkenstein

Hey cain, what's happening with the mail? Putting the boot in lately and I can't determine if they smell success on starmer like the pre Blair era, hate Johnson because he's literally killing their print readership or hate Johnson because he's porked someone's wife. Its probably all three I'm just not sure on the relative proportions. Long may it continue though as the spite journalism is delightful. Whole articles without house prices.

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

I think it's a mix of things. The Telegraph is now edging out the Mail in terms of "mainstreaming batshit insanity directly from the far-right into the veins of angry dementia patients" so taking down the Graph's PM is certainly a consideration. Stamer has shown himself to be the most boring man alive, somehow, and is basically capitulating on every front in the UK's culture war, to the point of even agreeing with new Tory suggestions for making destruction of statues a criminal offence with double the jail time a rapist would get. So it's hard to get traction for ginning up antics there, and there's very little payout when Starmer is not, in fact, a threat to Viscount Rothermere's millions (see: the donkey farm debacle).

There's also the fact that this is eventually going to blow up in someone's face, and by making it the PM you save the Tories as a group from more systematic levels of scrutiny, despite none of them actually being able to do much better of a job than Boris did. The Times has, I think come to similar conclusions, with the added consideration that their man Gove is waiting in the wings.

Junkenstein

That would make sense. I assume the mails stalking horse is hunt? No current cabinet position so blameless for the current shit show despite years as health sec. It has been an unusually long time since a leadership challenge. The only thing stopping gove trying now is the planets are not yet fully aligned for the final sacrifices to give proper sustenance to the old ones.

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

I'm not sure who their preferred candidate is, to be honest. The Tory front bench is even weaker than Labour on political talent, IMO, and while Hunt's definitely a possibility, the Tories also don't like losers, as a rule.