News:

PD.com: "the lot of you are some of the most vicious, name calling, vile examples of humanity I've had the misfortune of attempting to communicate with.  Even attempting to mimic the general mood of the place toward people who think differently leaves a slimy feel on my skin.  Reptilian, even."

Main Menu

Open Bar: We're going to build a bar, and make the drinks pay for it!

Started by Cain, March 04, 2016, 04:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

Quote from: Don Coyote on July 06, 2016, 04:50:42 AM
Quote from: SuuCal on July 06, 2016, 01:55:07 AM
Quote from: Don Coyote on July 06, 2016, 01:30:51 AM
Quote from: SuuCal on July 06, 2016, 01:08:33 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 06, 2016, 12:42:45 AM
Airport:  109
Kitt Peak:  92
Ajo valley:  119 goddamn degrees oh fuck this isn't even survivable

I've decided there is something fundamentally fucking wrong with Arizona. Even the folks I met this weekend from Tucson who were in town for a party also agreed that there is something fucking wrong.

I was also warned that this is still spring for us on the coast.

Have you hit triple digits yet?

When I was deployed, there were several days where it hotter in my home town than where we were in Kuwait.

Yep. 2 weekends ago it was 104.  I was told that it's too early for it, and we shouldn't see the 100s until September. Which basically means San Diego is going to go up in smoke by August.

Ugh.

The Imperial Valley has already been on fire. Fuck, it was 112 when I drove though in early June. Otherwise, the heat doesn't bother me terribly. If we lived closer to the water, it wouldn't be as oppressive, but I'm 15 miles from Point Loma up in Tierrasanta, and it's about a degree a mile. So if it's 75 on the waterfront, it'll be 90 in the canyons.  On the other side of Mission Trails in El Cajon is pretty much where it starts getting uncomfortable. Beyond that is the Red Wastes as you know. Fuck that noise. It's like Arizona and Imperial County are the closest points on the planet to the sun. And by close, I mean inches.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Wizard Joseph

Getting caught up..
"to disarm a knight"

I know one of the best of those who might be learned from..

Ever heard of Ho-Shin? It's literally the closest thing that there is to deconstructionism in martial arts, next to maybe "no style" ordinary fist stuff like mine. I believe that the founder knew the Goddess quite... intimately. I have the great fortune to know one of the founder's brightest pupils, the man himself having passed On about a year before I moved out to LaCrosse.

If youall ever want the good stuff and can accept that the spiritual side of martial study, the internal "magia" and meditation, are the best weapons ever devised no matter how weird... I know a guy. He takes cash, you sign waivers. The school is beautiful. A little boutique of sorts. :)
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Pergamos

I'm  really loving the Tucson summer so far.  Aside from Friday when there was monsoon rain in the morning and then heat in the afternoon.  It's more comfortable than Ohio summers ever were on the other days.  I need to be careful or I get heat exhaustion, but at least I enjoy it.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Cain on July 04, 2016, 04:56:14 PM
And this is where I mention there are contemporary reports of "Knights Templar" in Jerusalem defending Muslim pilgrims from more zealous Christians from Europe who tried to harass them.

Fix'd..

Behold the weird times be weird! I never knew weird had a connotation of fate :nolulz: to it's etymology,
until quite recently.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Emo Howard on July 04, 2016, 05:26:01 PM
Quote from: Cain on July 04, 2016, 04:56:14 PM
And this is where I mention there are contemporary reports of Knights Templar in Jerusalem defending Muslim pilgrims from more zealous Christians from Europe who tried to harass them.

This is where I start to photoshop a picture of Baphomet and the Eye of Providence saying to each other "You got Islamofascism in my Illuminati!!" ... "You got Illuminati in my Islamofascism!!".

But then I decide it's too much trouble, and I'm probably getting the joke wrong anyway.

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :fnord:

You may have inadvertently just described the very issue(!) of the whole Abram/Abraham/Ibrihim problem these last, oh, 1500(?) years or so "Anno Domini".

No really! Think about it as a really TERRIBLE joke from God and include that last line of your own commentary.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Meunster

Poe's law ;)

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

You guys.

I think I've found a real actual Nigerian prince on Facebook.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

Ooh!  If you can find details, please let us know!

Apropos of nothing, I started getting curious about what sort of files the government had on my dad.  I'm considering putting in a FOIA request, but it appears I need a reason for it, and I'm not sure if "I'm curious" cuts it.  Any thoughts?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO on July 06, 2016, 05:16:44 PM
Ooh!  If you can find details, please let us know!

He joined Pussy Shots, and of course I initially thought he was a scammer, but he appears to actually be a real-life prince of the independent community Okwelle: https://www.facebook.com/tekwebelem

Apropos of nothing, I started getting curious about what sort of files the government had on my dad.  I'm considering putting in a FOIA request, but it appears I need a reason for it, and I'm not sure if "I'm curious" cuts it.  Any thoughts?

I think that as his son, you could probably give a reason such as "for family history"?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

It looks like grad school is a go. I have so much paperwork to do!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

PSU has a partnership with OHSU, so I can actually take all my neuroscience classes there, which will help me meet researchers up there as well.

I'm super excited. And nervous. But holy shit, this is actually happening!

LMNO

Freeky

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on July 06, 2016, 05:30:09 PM
PSU has a partnership with OHSU, so I can actually take all my neuroscience classes there, which will help me meet researchers up there as well.

I'm super excited. And nervous. But holy shit, this is actually happening!

Congratulations, Nigel! 

Quote from: LMNO on July 06, 2016, 05:31:16 PM
Wow!

But when will you find time to learn how to read?

oshit :lol: :lol:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Cain

One of my students was a Nigerian prince.

Well, whatever the technical term for a son of a chieftan is.