Author Topic: Moe Philosophy  (Read 792 times)

Acuddle

• Known
  • It spells, punctuates and grammars, at times
    • View Profile
Moe Philosophy
« on: July 21, 2016, 09:40:14 pm »
Eat your fresh .pdf ! Oops, felt wrong when I said it.

Whatever : Here is Moe Philosophy.

It's probably among the most ordered and greyfaced book ever made by people that would call themselves ę a Discordian Ľ :|.
It's a book about a mix of Spinoza's philosophy (especially Ethics), some Discordian concepts, and the idea of Moe. Among other things.
It's divided in plateaux I mistakenly call chapters (a concept from some writer who wanted an alternative way of organizing a book) but function as such.

I would have liked having more ideas for illustrations to make for lighter reading. Good word-munching~ !

I'll think of perusing the Bring and Brag and Propaganda fora, for the fourth edition. *Goes to sleep*

Freeky

• Can't breathe anymore.
  • Deserved It
  • wat
    • View Profile
Re: Moe Philosophy
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2016, 11:14:59 pm »
I had a quick read through it, and it looks interesting, so far.  I'll read it more thoroughly later.
If someone does the ďFine, youíre right, Iím clearly a terrible person, Iím Satan, Iím the worst person alive, I should just dieĒ thing in response to criticism of their harmful behavior, they are trying to manipulate people and flip the situation around so that they look like a victim.

As a neuroscientist I have to disagree with the perception that anyone is doing mathematical modeling of cognitive intelligence, yet; intelligence as an economist defines it, yes, but economists are worlds away from actual cognition.

Although it is outside the purview of this organization to offer personal advice, we can say -- without assuming any liability -- that previous experience indicates (and recent market studies corroborate) that given the present condition of the marketplace, continuing with your present course of action is likely to result in substantial in

Brother Mythos

• Outlandish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2016, 08:09:56 pm »
Same here. Youíve put a lot of work into this. I skimmed it, and downloaded it for a more through read this weekend.

Brother Mythos

• Outlandish
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2016, 03:34:59 am »

It's probably among the most ordered and greyfaced book ever made by people that would call themselves ę a Discordian Ľ :|.
It's a book about a mix of Spinoza's philosophy (especially Ethics), some Discordian concepts, and the idea of Moe. Among other things.
It's divided in plateaux I mistakenly call chapters (a concept from some writer who wanted an alternative way of organizing a book) but function as such.

I would have liked having more ideas for illustrations to make for lighter reading. Good word-munching~ !

I'll think of perusing the Bring and Brag and Propaganda fora, for the fourth edition. *Goes to sleep*

Not being familiar with Spinoza, Iím reading The Ethics prior to delving more deeply into your book.

The Ethics is a bit of a tough read, but Iím finding I do like Spinozaís writing style. Iíve completed ďPART I. CONCERNING GODĒ, so far.

This is going to take longer than I thought.

The Good Reverend Roger

• Horrible Bastard
  • One-Armed Jizz Moppers
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2016, 03:37:07 am »

It's probably among the most ordered and greyfaced book ever made by people that would call themselves ę a Discordian Ľ :|.

which Moe?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Acuddle

• Known
  • It spells, punctuates and grammars, at times
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2016, 10:27:38 pm »
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger
which Moe?
Moe as the japanese adjective signifying blooming (or verb signifying burning). Not the Simpsons character.
Wikipedia has a biased definition of it, as the word slowly became a suffix to mean passion and/or a word to describe what TvTropes calls PSL (attraction to fictional characters).
Applied to characters, it means that they have defects which make them cute and endearing. The book is based on a generalization of the concept (being tolerant to/or appreciating defects), putting it in a 2x2 table alongside love (appreciating qualities), hate (disappreciating defects) and jealousy (disappreciating qualities).

Quote from: Brother Mythos
Not being familiar with Spinoza, Iím reading The Ethics prior to delving more deeply into your book.

The Ethics is a bit of a tough read, but Iím finding I do like Spinozaís writing style. Iíve completed ďPART I. CONCERNING GODĒ, so far.

Wow, you're brave :link: ! Good luck with the Ethics !

The Good Reverend Roger

• Horrible Bastard
  • One-Armed Jizz Moppers
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2016, 10:54:53 pm »
Oh, so the Hentai shit involving ridiculously huge tits.  That's what I was afraid you were talking about.

Gotcha. 

Bailing now.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Brother Mythos

• Outlandish
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2016, 12:31:36 am »
Quote from: Brother Mythos

Wow, you're brave :link: ! Good luck with the Ethics !

Thanks, but not really.

Iíve studies enough math and physics to not be put off by the writing style. And, Iíve read quite a bit of Carl Gustav Jung. As he made references to Spinoza in some of his works, the subject matter is not entirely new to me. And besides, itís been raining just about every day here for the past two weeks, so Iíve had plenty of time on my hands.

As of right now, Iím well into ďPart IV: Of Human Bondage, or the Strength of Emotions.Ē I should wrap that up soon, and then Iíll give your book a solid read.

It had slipped my mind prior to this edit of my earlier post, but way, way back in my days at ďUniĒ, as the British like to say, I had taken a course called ďIntroduction to Logic.Ē  So, Spinozaís near continuous use of definitions, propositions, etc., in The Ethics is not new to me. (Iím reading an English translation entitled The Ethics. However, Iíve also seen English versions simply entitled Ethics.)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 03:34:32 am by Brother Mythos »