News:

'sup, my privileged, cishet shitlords?  I'm back from oppressing womyn and PoC.

Main Menu

Open Bar: We hacked the DNC and all we got are these lousy emails

Started by Eater of Clowns, August 11, 2016, 12:11:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trix

:cramstipated:
:facepalm:
:walken:
:ffs:

about the best I could find to convey my utter WTFism and disappointment in my good friend.

I may just have to stop hanging out with people until after this election.

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on October 26, 2016, 06:07:42 PM
Quote from: trix on October 26, 2016, 06:04:52 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on October 26, 2016, 03:58:34 PM
The number of people losing their shit because I won't let them proselytize about Bernie on my FB Wall is amazing and hilarious. I am apparently a bad, bad woman, myopic, uninformed, racist, ageist, and sexist, combative, self-righteous, AND totally unconcerned with truth, dialogue, or the health of our democracy. I've been blocked by at least one person, and have either unfriended or been unfriended by at least a dozen.

I should have done this ages ago. :lulz:

I FINALLY got my usually-pretty-bright friend to see the light and drop the Bernie-or-die stupidity.

Unfortunately he immediately replaced it with VOTE JILL STEIN crap and is now pushing that really hard.
:horrormirth:

I can't find a proper emote so just imagine a very bearded guy slamming his head into his desk so hard my head pops and blood goes everywhere and my desk collapses into a pile of rubble on the floor.

THAT emote.

Have you thrown your friend at Our Revolution? It's the Bernie-branded "vote for progressive candidates down ballot" group.

No?  Is that a facebook thing?
There's good news tonight.  And bad news.  First, the bad news: there is no good news.  Now, the good news: you don't have to listen to the bad news.
Zen Without Zen Masters

Quote from: Cain
Gender is a social construct.  As society, we get to choose your gender.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: trix on October 26, 2016, 06:04:52 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on October 26, 2016, 03:58:34 PM
The number of people losing their shit because I won't let them proselytize about Bernie on my FB Wall is amazing and hilarious. I am apparently a bad, bad woman, myopic, uninformed, racist, ageist, and sexist, combative, self-righteous, AND totally unconcerned with truth, dialogue, or the health of our democracy. I've been blocked by at least one person, and have either unfriended or been unfriended by at least a dozen.

I should have done this ages ago. :lulz:

I FINALLY got my usually-pretty-bright friend to see the light and drop the Bernie-or-die stupidity.

Unfortunately he immediately replaced it with VOTE JILL STEIN crap and is now pushing that really hard.
:horrormirth:

I can't find a proper emote so just imagine a very bearded guy slamming his head into his desk so hard my head pops and blood goes everywhere and my desk collapses into a pile of rubble on the floor.

THAT emote.

I hate to break it to you, but your friend can't be all that bright if he can't engage his critical thinking enough to assess Jill Stein's actual viability as a candidate. Not only because she is unpopular, but because she is batshit crazy and her proposed "policies" don't make any fucking sense, and she promotes anti-science beliefs.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

The thing about True Believers is that they have to TRUE BELIEVE in something.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on October 26, 2016, 05:12:11 PM
Quote from: Cain on October 26, 2016, 04:37:18 PM
Summarised version of the latest security meeting:

Me: your processes aren't working.

Department Head: We have processes. Also your tone is derogatory.

Me: I have 6 years experience in int'l schools, 2 as a security contractor and I'm telling you we have a problem.

Department Head: I live near a student accommodation and sometimes I can't see the security guard. Your experience is invalid.

Me: *walks out*

What the actual fuck. Wow.  :lulz:

It gets even better.

The spy for the department head, on the other shift, just completely undercut a decision I made regarding a student.

The student in question had an unauthorised overnight guest, which is a major issue.  As such, I banned her from having any future guests, pending a decision from my manager when he returns from holiday.

I come back in tonight, and I find the other person in charge of the other nights, has reversed my decision entirely.  So she's not only undercut me, but also the two members of staff who we answer to.

Shit's gonna get fun.

LMNO

I hope you've been keeping notes, because this will make a FANTASTIC movie someday.

Cain

The Wizard Joseph

My youngest bro is getting hitched. Traveling across the state to see it done and go back for work the next day ASAP. I really don't look forward to it, but it will make Dad happy. I don't hate no.3 the way that I do no.2, but he's still proven himself a shit I could do without.  :x
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on October 27, 2016, 02:27:16 AM
I dunno, a good 90% of it is me writing emails.

If the other 10% is Jason Bourne shit, it's still a winner.

In other news, Windows 10 has recently decided to minimize any software I'm using to tell me I need updates or that I need to buy the newest Office.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

trix

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 28, 2016, 02:45:19 AM

In other news, Windows 10 has recently decided to minimize any software I'm using to tell me I need updates or that I need to buy the newest Office.

I don't know anything about Windows 10, but Windows 7 does the exact thing you describe, and it can be turned off.  Somewhere in the Automatic Updates config is an option to turn off the notifications.

Also, if you look at your services (type "services.msc" in the Run menu if there is one somewhere), you can disable any with the word "office" in the name.

My gf uses Windows 7 to play League of Legends (has an annoying bug in Linux) and the same thing you talk about used to interrupt her game right in the middle all the time and get her character killed.

Stupid behaviour that should not be default!
There's good news tonight.  And bad news.  First, the bad news: there is no good news.  Now, the good news: you don't have to listen to the bad news.
Zen Without Zen Masters

trix

Random question.  Is it illegal to sell my presidential vote for $1000?

Like, declaring I'll vote for whoever the person giving me $1k wants me to?

I looked into it a bit but I can't seem to get a clear distinction.

"electoral treating" is illegal, like offering to buy someone's vote, but offering to sell?

Well I'm sure the sale itself would be illegal but I don't know if the offer itself is.  I may or may not have declared in a public space my vote for sale for a specific amount, though it was intended in jest.
Zen Without Zen Masters

NeonWytch

Quote from: trix on October 28, 2016, 05:05:26 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 28, 2016, 02:45:19 AM

I don't know anything about Windows 10, but Windows 7 does the exact thing you describe, and it can be turned off.  Somewhere in the Automatic Updates config is an option to turn off the notifications.

Also, if you look at your services (type "services.msc" in the Run menu if there is one somewhere), you can disable any with the word "office" in the name.

My gf uses Windows 7 to play League of Legends (has an annoying bug in Linux) and the same thing you talk about used to interrupt her game right in the middle all the time and get her character killed.

Stupid behaviour that should not be default!
Last major update removed the ability to turn off updates. Windows 10 is an Orwellian nightmare AND it has still has no ddate function  :sad:
A wise man once said "What was that? I couldn't hear you."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: trix on October 28, 2016, 05:12:29 AM
Random question.  Is it illegal to sell my presidential vote for $1000?

Like, declaring I'll vote for whoever the person giving me $1k wants me to?

I looked into it a bit but I can't seem to get a clear distinction.

"electoral treating" is illegal, like offering to buy someone's vote, but offering to sell?

Well I'm sure the sale itself would be illegal but I don't know if the offer itself is.  I may or may not have declared in a public space my vote for sale for a specific amount, though it was intended in jest.

Soliciting a crime? Yep, illegal.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on October 26, 2016, 10:51:04 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on October 26, 2016, 05:12:11 PM
Quote from: Cain on October 26, 2016, 04:37:18 PM
Summarised version of the latest security meeting:

Me: your processes aren't working.

Department Head: We have processes. Also your tone is derogatory.

Me: I have 6 years experience in int'l schools, 2 as a security contractor and I'm telling you we have a problem.

Department Head: I live near a student accommodation and sometimes I can't see the security guard. Your experience is invalid.

Me: *walks out*

What the actual fuck. Wow.  :lulz:

It gets even better.

The spy for the department head, on the other shift, just completely undercut a decision I made regarding a student.

The student in question had an unauthorised overnight guest, which is a major issue.  As such, I banned her from having any future guests, pending a decision from my manager when he returns from holiday.

I come back in tonight, and I find the other person in charge of the other nights, has reversed my decision entirely.  So she's not only undercut me, but also the two members of staff who we answer to.

Shit's gonna get fun.

Wow. That's amazing.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I had a student that I have never laid eyes on because they have never set foot inside my lab email me because they are going to be seeking accommodations through the DRC. As far as I know, there is no disability for which a reasonable accommodation would be "never coming to class or turning anything in". They may find themselves a tad bit disappointed.